Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

3 hours ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

Guess I'll nab one from NY then. I've notice there's no paypal fee added to the order for any preorder items, but once the item become available, paypal will add a fee to the order. All other sites, paypal automatically add there fee without tell.

What fee are you taking about , paypal dont just add a fee .  If your payment is in yen , you will pay that ammount in yen. 

22 minutes ago, F360 said:

What fee are you taking about , paypal dont just add a fee .  If your payment is in yen , you will pay that ammount in yen. 

Currency conversion, which is described in the PayPal User Agreement. It is a 3% fee that goes to PayPal, and it is similar to the fee that some credit card companies charge for currency conversion. For instance, changing USD to JPY and vice versa. 

Paypal uses the balance of the PayPal account to determine the need for currency conversion. If you are buying in JPY and have a JPY balance, then there is no conversion. If you have a USD balance (or some other currency), then there is a conversion fee.

Edited by technoblue
Additional info...

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Currency conversion, which is described in the PayPal User Agreement. It is a 3% fee that goes to PayPal, and it is similar to the fee that some credit card companies charge for currency conversion. For instance, changing USD to JPY and vice versa. 

Paypal uses the balance of the PayPal account to determine the need for currency conversion. If you are buying in JPY and have a JPY balance, then there is no conversion. If you have a USD balance (or some other currency), then there is a conversion fee.

Ok , so its the currency conversion fee that hes talking about ?  Which paypal will only add if you need to use their conversion.  If you use a creditcard with no foreign transaction fee ( visa/ mastercard/ amx/ ) to pay for your paypal invoice, and tell them to use the creditcards own conversion, there will be no fee.

Save some extra money and dont use paypals conversion rate , use a zero foreign transaction fee creditcard instead. 

34 minutes ago, yman1437 said:

Yes I did. but not the lottery ticket! :wacko:

:(Tell me about it! I just might have to splurge on these though because M&M set is a grail I've been wanting since I was a kid and somehow the pair have continued to elude me until this year.

1 minute ago, Cowboy17 said:

bleh. i guess with the conversion i should probably just use the USD option on NY instead. 

No...NY's conversion is much worse than Paypal or any credit card fees. Just do the math...

54 minutes ago, F360 said:

Ok , so its the currency conversion fee that hes talking about ?  Which paypal will only add if you need to use their conversion.  If you use a creditcard with no foreign transaction fee ( visa/ mastercard/ amx/ ) to pay for your paypal invoice, and tell them to use the creditcards own conversion, there will be no fee.

Save some extra money and dont use paypals conversion rate , use a zero foreign transaction fee creditcard instead. 

Yep! That's a great point about zero foreign transaction fee cards. You can avoid all the charges by setting that stuff up correctly.

52 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

bleh. i guess with the conversion i should probably just use the USD option on NY instead. 

Oh no! NY charges 8% thereabouts. Even with PayPal's 3% fee, you are paying less by doing the conversion through them.

Yep, that's why NY is my goto spot for these things. It makes it a no-brainer when their shipped price is about the same or lower than everyone else's non-shipped price. I rarely ever bother with combining orders and like not bothering with a limited private warehouse when I know I already got a lower price no matter how much you could possibly save with combining at the other shops. The best thing is, if you really wanted to, you can combine orders to potentially save even more.

Always better to pay in yen than use NY's gouge-y conversion, especially if you have a credit card that doesn't charge any foreign transaction fees. Even the small foreign transaction fees that many cards charge eventually add up, if you buy a lot of stuff overseas. 

5 hours ago, F360 said:

Yup! 

17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Always better to pay in yen than use NY's gouge-y conversion, especially if you have a credit card that doesn't charge any foreign transaction fees. Even the small foreign transaction fees that many cards charge eventually add up, if you buy a lot of stuff overseas. 

Totally! I'm beginning to suspect that NY earn mostly from currency conversion and delivery than selling stuffs lol :)

4 hours ago, Mr Bomber said:

Hey spanner how many millias you plan to order?

just the one seeing I already have the original Yamato's. I was considering getting two more of each so I could have one in each mode but its probably unnecessary.

maybe if they do release the premium version I'll get one also.. Maybe.

Thanks for sending me to check my paypal "conversion option"---I know I've changed it before---but it was back at "use paypal's awful rate".   :angry:

So, changed it back to "use CC's rate" yet again, hope it sticks around until it's time to actually pay.   Pre-ordered Milia with N-Y.  

PAYPAL MOTHER****ERS! 

I looked in my settings and they changed it to use their craptastic conversion rate instead of just paying yen and letting the bank conversion. I thought it was a little off when I paid for my HLJ 31F and shipping. 

We're only talking about a few bucks, but it's the principle of the matter. This is the kind of shady crap that makes people hate PayPal. 

More PayPal woes here too huh? Just so you guys know, I called and they said your best bet is to cancel any existing payment agreements you have and re set them up. Problem is, unless they have fixed the bug, you may still have the issue when you reset so might be best to wait and see if any word that the fix is done.