Arcadia 1/60 Super VF-1J Max & Millia Release

no3Ljm

I've loved the designs from Macross for a long time. But as a collector without an unlimited budget it's sometime tough to justify buying too many Valks when they are so similar. These guys are pretty great since the colors are so striking. It really helps make them a worthy addition to the shelves over a regular white 1J. It's certainly easier to sell the purchase to the fiance if they look appreciably different :p

If I can get these through HLJ, I'll probably spring for both of them one more time.  A roughly $60 markup from the original price I got my Yamatos for isn't that terrible at all.

Milia's 1J just has a special place for me as the first transforming VF-1 I owned (an old Matchbox reboxing of the Bandai Joke Machine), and I can't ignore the Max release if I get one of them. :p

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

If I can get these through HLJ, I'll probably spring for both of them one more time.  A roughly $60 markup from the original price I got my Yamatos for isn't that terrible at all.

Milia's 1J just has a special place for me as the first transforming VF-1 I owned (an old Matchbox reboxing of the Bandai Joke Machine), and I can't ignore the Max release if I get one of them. :p

I still have the Max joke machine Matchbox rebox tucked away in a box somewhere. I loved that thing!

As I said in the other thread, I was planning on just being happy with one Arcadia 1/60, but I can't say no to this upcoming matching set, without having to deal with tracking them down on secondary markets.

Skipped the HMR releases because I wanted consistency in scales, though they'd have been cheaper.

I'm gonna need a second detolf by the end of this year.

Edited by iguanaman8989

Hmm...why do I have a feeling this mean M&M are coming out this year and Premium versions next year...like they did with Roy.

I hope not.  Both versions would be nice from the get go!

Edited by neko878

The product photos have all the markings they'd need in order to re-use them.

Not that that's different from a Yamato release...

EDIT:

There is a pretty good argument against there ever being a Premium Finish Version, though. Yamato and Arcadia have continuously re-relased the Hikaru and Roy VF-1S toys with different gimmicks - sometimes with stands, sometimes with flashlights, sometimes just for fun. Few of these gimmicks have trickled down into the regular, non Hikaru/Roy VF-1S releases. They may not think there's a market for it.

Edited by MikeRoz