1/72 Hasegawa VF-1A Roll-Out Version

chaff.g

Wow, I thought I had seen all the VF-1 variations that Hasegawa produced, but I missed this one somewhere along the way. I have the 5 Grand Anniversary, but I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of these. Beautiful job on yours!

Edited by VF-1A Grunt

A+

If that's all decals then ad +++++ to that!

9 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

Wow, I thought I had seen all the VF-1 variations that Hasegawa produced, but I missed this one somewhere along the way. I have the 5 Grand Anniversary, but I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of these. Beautiful job on yours!

The Roll-out is gonna be pricey now since it was limited to a brick-and-mortar store exclusive release in Japan.  I paid like double after fees and stuff on YJA years back O_o

Thanks for the info, Duy. That explains why the kit hasn't popped up during my periodic searches on eBay and other sites for Hasegawa VF-1s. I have plenty of kits to keep me busy for years, so no great loss if I can't find one of these.

• 2 weeks later...

This is definitely a veeeery rare bird. Getting hands on one of them would take tons of luck (and probably money!. Great job on the build and the decals, btw, and thanks for sharing the pics !!.

Thanks for the feedback! The gold and blue is all paint work -- I don't think the decals would have survived the curved surfaces. I found the kit a couple years back on Mandarake for $30 or so. If you keep an eye out for it, it should show up again.

I'd really like to see a 1/60 Yamarcadia done up in this scheme, or perhaps its sister paint scheme in red!