This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

The brown box is the actual shipper (hence the label and tape I peeled away), and the white is the "retail" box. The super parts were the same way, although the shipper has no printing on that.

Like I said. Light on tampos. Looks based on the original non-PF release.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Didn't they advertise these vf-1s as PF when they first came out. Did anyone get the first releases and can confirm? I'd only be interested in KO if it had PF markings.

I was curious about these PF KO VF-1's so I ended up buying a used KO SSP VF-1S Focker from a MW member here when it was offered in the "For Sale" thread...it has all the PF tampo...

large.20230227_195123.jpg.2acc5eff4e1b8c

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Thanks! Interesting. Looks like this is/was a KO run of the original finish to sell at a lower entry-price. The price dropped even more since, so I'm not complaining they went back to KO'ing the original finish if you know and accept that going in.

That this one doesn't have strike parts included, and both it and the strike parts are sold separately in custom "retail" boxes now seem to be the indicator of this different production run. I looked more closely at the more pricey offerings ($180s+) of the Hunter, Fokker, Max and Mirya KO's which include the strike parts, and they ARE all depicting a PF finish. I think those might still just come in basic brown boxes alone as past video reviews depicted, so I'm not sure if they are still produced as the custom boxes seem to be a newer development.

Non-PF and strike parts for $148 vs. $180+? Maybe it's enough reason to keep producing both runs.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I got my KO Arcadia Hikaru VF-1S from ebay a few days ago.  No premium finish.  My finger tips hurt.

While the wings and backpack flap are a tad looser than I would like, they are fine.  The cockpit slide feels similar to Arcadia's.  Everything else feels anywhere from a tad bit too tight to overly tight.  The shoulders feel like they are close to snapping off if I move them too quickly.  I use very slow deliberate movements.  Even then, there be a lot of creaking noises that make me feel uncomfortable.  The rear landing gears are difficult to extract with out my spudger.  The tail fins are super stiff, but not as much as the shoulders are.  The thigh and bicep pivot posts seem a tad larger than they should be and cause the bicep and upper thigh to have gaps that cannot close entirely.  I initially thought that there was some plastic flash in there and took it apart to clean out, but they seem to fit together perfectly when not attached to anything.  The worse offender is the gun-pod collapsible grip.  I cannot pull it out by hand.  I need to use pliers and a fat wad of napkins to yank it out.  I've done this twice so far and I'm hoping that is has loosened enough to be done by hand, but as I have said earlier....  My finger tips hurt...  :cray:

Aside for all that, my copy seem to lock together pretty well.  Almost as tight as the Arcadia.  Well worth the $85 American I paid.  Totally going to be a cubical toy.  Now I just need to wait for the price of the super pack to drop.  I really don't feel like paying the current $63 for it.  I may bite at $50.  Definitely will closer to $40.

Edited by DewPoint

• 4 weeks later...

I recently picked up one of these KOs. Same QC issues everybody else has mentioned upthread - some overly tight joints, tolerances off in other ways affecting general fit & finish, and on mine the right hand trigger finger was glued solid at the hinge.  Did some minor disassembly and cleanup to fix some of the worst of it, and on the whole it's not terrible. For a VF-1S in Strike dress for less than the cost of a used Yammie/Arcadia, I'm happy enough with it.

Paint on the 1S is non-premium, but the Strike packs were fully marked with stickers included for the skull roundels. Also grabbed the clear option parts for the extra $12.  I do like all of the extra option parts that came with the basic valk: neck cover, pilot seat equipped neck cover, side fillers, and for whatever reason, two sets of fixed-pose TV hands.

large.20230410_224920.jpg.f2863409f59f3bf0790b459d50c5f5fd.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's actually the price point I would pay for the KO Vf-1. Those I'm suspicious it's so cheap with free shipping. I wonder if this will be one of those sellers that never ships and suddenly inactivates his account. Anyone you ordered one please keep us updated.

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

That's actually the price point I would pay for the KO Vf-1. Those I'm suspicious it's so cheap with free shipping. I wonder if this will be one of those sellers that never ships and suddenly inactivates his account. Anyone you ordered one please keep us updated.

I received shipping notification, so who knows. I have my fingers crossed, last time I tried to buy a Valkyrie factory Valkyrie, I got a Lego man instead.

Twich

Its ebay.  Always be suspicious!  It is a new account on ebay.  If he is intent on building up his reputation, you'll likely be OK.  Their 100% positive reviews went from 45 to 84 reviewers in 24 hours or so. 

Do I need more? Don't answer that question!

Still, I asked the seller if he had more to sell, and his reply was this:

Screenshot2023-06-13152832.png.b9a79957a969f4b6778c06ac44be5388.png

It seems he's still selling them, but I don't know if I'd deal with what is essentially a Chinese Yahoo email address as the only contact.

I broke down and bought 2. Figured i'll get my money back from paypay anyway. So it's been like 6 days and no shipping notification. I message him and this was the response:

image.png.d97f958ba79e28fecc7c8bfd8a277f4b.png

LOL! Needless to say, I don't have high hopes receiving the valks. I expect I'll be filling a PayPal claim in the future. 

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

I broke down and bought 2. Figured i'll get my money back from paypay anyway. So it's been like 6 days and no shipping notification. I message him and this was the response:

LOL! Needless to say, I don't have high hopes receiving the valks. I expect I'll be filling a PayPal claim in the future. 

Jesus. 

That sounds like it was written by that old John Lovits character on SNL who's a pathological liar.

Good luck.

Edited by mark-1s

10 hours ago, Sandman said:

Maybe you'll get lucky after filing the inevitable ebay/paypal claim, and they'll have ACTUALLY shipped it.  Happened to me buying cast off figures from China.  Waited a month, filed a claim through ebay, and they couldn't provide tracking due to cheap shipping method, so ebay forced a refund only to have it show up a month later after all! :yahoo:

As an update from that same eBay seller with my order for the 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru, mine says on flight for tracking. I am still holding out hope that I will receive a Valkyrie Factory 1/60 Valkyrie and not a Lego man!

Twich

China Post

United StatesUSPS

Destination  - Sync Time: 2023-06-14 10:48:23 (GMT-07:00)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment -> We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Origin  - Sync Time: 2023-06-14 10:48:23 (GMT-07:00)
2023-06-14 05:21

Airline departure

2023-06-11 22:37

Airline departure

2023-06-09 08:43

Guangzhou City, has been handed over to the carrier for transportation

2023-06-08 16:45

Guangzhou, leave [Guangzhou International Exchange Bureau], next stop【Guangzhou International Exchange Station】 (via transfer)

so, this is my tracking info for this item, so it seems that they are legitimately sending me *something* from China. Does not include the weight of the package, will probably have to wait until it is stateside to see. Hope this helps, as I really want a Valkyrie Factory VF-1S, not some scammers version of “F U”

Twich

4 hours ago, Pontus said:

Maybe you'll get lucky after filing the inevitable ebay/paypal claim, and they'll have ACTUALLY shipped it.  Happened to me buying cast off figures from China.  Waited a month, filed a claim through ebay, and they couldn't provide tracking due to cheap shipping method, so ebay forced a refund only to have it show up a month later after all! :yahoo:

LOL! Well I don't want to do that. I'm happy to pay for it if it comes. The frustrating issue is I'm going to have to wait a month or two to realize it's not coming. Then i get to file the claim. I'm more annoyed about my money being tied up over 2+ months. I've been through this situation at least 3 times over the last 3 years. I'm getting good at spotting these guys. They start off with high positive feedback which makes you feel safe buying from them. Then they list an item at a really good price (almost too good to be true). Then a month later you start seeing the negative feedbacks come in. These sellers are getting smarter as time goes by. First they just wouldn't ship the item. Then they gave out fake tracking numbers, Then they started shipping out small lego pieces to fool the buyer into thinking their item is on the way. All for stalling for time so they can get as much money as they can before the jig is up.

Anyway lets hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, twich said:
China Post

United StatesUSPS

Destination  - Sync Time: 2023-06-14 10:48:23 (GMT-07:00)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment -> We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

Origin  - Sync Time: 2023-06-14 10:48:23 (GMT-07:00)
2023-06-14 05:21

Airline departure

2023-06-11 22:37

Airline departure

2023-06-09 08:43

Guangzhou City, has been handed over to the carrier for transportation

2023-06-08 16:45

Guangzhou, leave [Guangzhou International Exchange Bureau], next stop【Guangzhou International Exchange Station】 (via transfer)

so, this is my tracking info for this item, so it seems that they are legitimately sending me *something* from China. Does not include the weight of the package, will probably have to wait until it is stateside to see. Hope this helps, as I really want a Valkyrie Factory VF-1S, not some scammers version of “F U”

Twich

Do you have an estimated eta?

7 hours ago, twich said:

As an update from that same eBay seller with my order for the 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru, mine says on flight for tracking. I am still holding out hope that I will receive a Valkyrie Factory 1/60 Valkyrie and not a Lego man!

Twich

Ditto for me as well. ETA is June 27th.

On 6/14/2023 at 1:28 AM, Sandman said:

I got the same message last night, finger crossed they're shipped & arrive. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

So, an update……the tracking number that I was given from the seller shows that the item was delivered yesterday, town individual in Anaheim, California.  I Live in Northeast Washington, so only several hundred miles and two states away. I hope that who ever got it enjoys the toy. If it is the real deal and they are on the boards, just let me know it is an actual Macross jet, and not a legoman!

Twich