This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

15 hours ago, BlueMax said:

Even if you can find any link, I seriously wouldnt recommend it. These particular ones as as of now, vaporware. The KO 1Ss and M&M are still readily available a couple of years after release, so no reason to think why these guys would hard to get, if they are ever released.

TLDR: No point POing these

12 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I preordered the Angel Bird and CF years ago on aliexpress. Still nothing. 

Thanks @BlueMax & @Slave IV - I guess not. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Just saw this on ShowZ's Instagram

IMG_20230130_160135.jpg.6ae1d4e22416dda7d1476345db2b724d.jpg

Ah yes, I think I saw someone mention this on TFW2005 in their Macross thread. The Lucky Cat line format is that the figure, or components of it (like Voltron), has to fold into cubes and fit into clear plastic cube boxes. If that holds true here, then this VF-1 will break down into several components, or it's small and folds into one. If it does, I fear the wings will be hinged. Looking at the new silhouettes for their Bayverse Prime and Bumblebee, I see added kibble at the edges which hint at hinges for those too.

At first, I was psyched that Valkyrie Factory had a competitor, but it seems this will not fill that role.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Is that a knock off Toynami 1/100?

I wish. Like I said before, those are so damned cheap in build, that they ought to be found in dollar stores on a regular basis. If so, I'd buy a bunch!

Edited by Radioguy

I've seen their work and I think it will look kind of like a Valkyrie in Battroid and Fighter mode and also transform into a cube.  If it scales with the HMR VF-1 then there's a slight chance that I might be interested.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

I've seen their work and I think it will look kind of like a Valkyrie in Battroid and Fighter mode and also transform into a cube.  If it scales with the HMR VF-1 then there's a slight chance that I might be interested.

Price will make a difference for me, of course, but if they skew accurate within their restrictions, I can see getting this. If it's deformed for the sake of it, then I'm usually out (Well, the Joke Machine VF-1 was kinda cute).

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, optimuspint said:

At that price it is almost worth the buy for spare parts. 

I thought about that, but Valkyrie Factory doesn't match 1:1 with Arcadia (According to this thread and others); not even the strike parts when they KO them. Close though. Might work, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Or caring whether the lineart actually represents what's in the box. :lol: 

Sometimes, I think KOs have such errors on purpose. Actually, I wonder if they really do, especially in this modern age when its more likely to be caught, just to make those they copy less enraged.

As for VF, I'm for them going all Joon on us and doing colors Arcadia wouldn't conceive of. That might make these go down easier with folks feeling guilty for not always being able to afford Arcadia. *cough*

1 hour ago, Radioguy said:

Sometimes, I think KOs have such errors on purpose. Actually, I wonder if they really do, especially in this modern age when its more likely to be caught, just to make those they copy less enraged.

As for VF, I'm for them going all Joon on us and doing colors Arcadia wouldn't conceive of. That might make these go down easier with folks feeling guilty for not always being able to afford Arcadia. *cough*

Right? They still haven't done anything interesting, just keep making the same over saturated types.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Right? They still haven't done anything interesting, just keep making the same over saturated types.

Well, according to @Slave IV, they offered a CF and an Angel Bird that never materialized. I don't know what got them to that point, or what changed their mind.

I shouldn't encourage more KOs, I know, but I'm only human with natural variable fighter weaknesses. 😄

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

For 85 bucks I'm willing to roll the dice and see how good it is. Is it a KO of the Arcadia PF with markings printed on?

Not the PF. KO of the original finish.

I succumbed, and grabbed one myself, and the super parts too. Got them all today, and it was as solid as the Max and Mirya Arcadia's I possess. Valkyrie Factory actually pulled off a great copy.

2 hours ago, 68whiskey said:

do you have a link for this?

Further up this page. Super parts here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/295198707560

2 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I totally had the same thought.  I honestly don't know if this current batch has all the tampo as the original KO release.  I don't see all the "no step" in the pictures.  Less then 6 days on the price and 5 left from that seller. 

Light on tampos. Non-PF finish. I'll post some crappy pics in a minute.