This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

On 5/25/2021 at 5:08 PM, Slave IV said:

Are the announced KO's for the CF and AB ever going to be released? I ordered them over a year ago I think...

Those must have come and gone super fast, I don't remember seeing those ever being offered. 

I gave in and bought a KO Max super VF-1J. Although I have never had any of my official Valkyries do this, one of the landing gear doors broke on my KO... Not sure it can be easily fixed. :(

1 minute ago, Axelay said:

I gave in and bought a KO Max super VF-1J. Although I have never had any of my official Valkyries do this, one of the landing gear doors broke on my KO... Not sure it can be easily fixed. :(

Surprised this broke so easily.

I am still on the fence about buying these. They look great and these KOs have nice shelf presence.

Can you share pictures of the break?

On 5/28/2021 at 2:39 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Surprised this broke so easily.

I am still on the fence about buying these. They look great and these KOs have nice shelf presence.

Can you share pictures of the break?

You betcha. Snapped clean off. I have felt like this particular Valkyrie has required a bit more force to transform than I usually apply. Some of the joints were VERY tight - especially the chestplate separation into battroid mode. It's pretty unlikely I can repair this landing gear door since it's supposed to be a moving part. There's a big part of me which just feels like I have learned a lesson and will wait to see if Bandai will do a proper DX VF-1J Max.

broken gear door 2.jpg

broken gear door.jpg

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Have you ordered from aliexpress?  They also have some cool and cheap Macross t-shirts I'd be interested in...

Yeah I ordered before I posted the link.  I’d have to double check but I think I’ve ordered the KO 1/60 Fan Racer and Valkyrie Factory Strike Parts from aliexpress in the past.  I’ll checl out their Macross shirts.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

The Zentradi Uniform arrived.  The zipper is much nicer and not oversized.  I haven’t checked how it looks on the 1/60 VF-1A Max yet.  

Nice! I just checked and my tracking shows it has barely left the destination. Not in a hurry but look forward to getting it.

35 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Nice! I just checked and my tracking shows it has barely left the destination. Not in a hurry but look forward to getting it.

I accidentally ordered through guest checkout and there was no email confirmation or tracking.  Luckily the package arrived but I'll be sure not to do that again.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I accidentally ordered through guest checkout and there was no email confirmation or tracking.  Luckily the package arrived but I'll be sure not to do that again.

So maybe they are sending out guest orders before orders by people with accounts?:lol:

16 minutes ago, borgified said:

We'll all find out if it will fit the DX plus I have a hunch that @sh9000 will end end up testing the suit. 

The 1/60 Zent suit will not fit a DX. No matter how hard you try. Best bet is to try and find gear from 1/6 Dragon outfits and make your own.image.thumb.jpeg.274d1342a389a26fc10c6a804004d360.jpeg

On 6/5/2021 at 6:58 AM, Axelay said:

You betcha. Snapped clean off. I have felt like this particular Valkyrie has required a bit more force to transform than I usually apply. Some of the joints were VERY tight - especially the chestplate separation into battroid mode. It's pretty unlikely I can repair this landing gear door since it's supposed to be a moving part. There's a big part of me which just feels like I have learned a lesson and will wait to see if Bandai will do a proper DX VF-1J Max.

broken gear door 2.jpg

broken gear door.jpg

This is a QC issue with these as my miriya came broken just like yours.  I superglued mine and its fine.  I can always just recast this part but superglue worked good for me.

On 6/18/2021 at 4:37 PM, borgified said:

There's our answer to that question @Slave IV.  Back to the drawing board to see if there is someone that will make a upscaled version of the suit. 

Anyone know of a way to get a hold of who is making the 1/60 suits? There are a LOT of 1/48 DX's out there. They may take a suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2021 at 3:52 AM, BroTaku79 said:

This is a QC issue with these as my miriya came broken just like yours.  I superglued mine and its fine.  I can always just recast this part but superglue worked good for me.

Huh. What's your asking price for a recast of this? Because of the stiffness with how it broke, I have very little confidence that a super glue job would suit this if I ever attempt to open/close the gear doors again. Let me know.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...