This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

3 minutes ago, kkx said:

Nice gerwalk post! ;) 

I guess we are comrade in crime (supporting KO).

Thanks!

Haha, yeah. I don’t care about KO or not, just who has what I want at the right price. Given that, the only KO Valks I’ve ordered are the two 1A variants I’m still waiting for. From what I’ve seen, the official versions don’t cost significantly more if you buy them during preorder or on sale and with better quality so I don’t find much value in KO Valks yet. KO Transformers are another story for me though. I usually prefer those over official because they are usually a lot cheaper and for the most part, better quality or other improvements. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/26/2020 at 8:59 PM, claude grant said:

Arrived Saturday morning.  I'm WAY better than good, I'm GREAT!

TimePhoto_20200426_213111.jpg

TimePhoto_20200426_212907.jpg

TimePhoto_20200426_213015.jpg

TimePhoto_20200426_212846.jpg

TimePhoto_20200426_213209.jpg

Hey where did you buy this?

Did you buy it off Ebay or Taobao?

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

Just now, jvmacross said:

Thanks!

Yeah I was looking at them on Ebay lol I came across this from Ebay and did the search and found this thread.

Guess these Ebay ones don't come with the stands?  and from the looks of it, guess max & miriya are all PF?

3 minutes ago, BroTaku79 said:

Thanks!

Yeah I was looking at them on Ebay lol I came across this from Ebay and did the search and found this thread.

Guess these Ebay ones don't come with the stands?  and from the looks of it, guess max & miriya are all PF?

Not sure about the stands...they may also not come with the "clear' fast packs.....but they definitely all seem to be PF'd...good luck!

2 hours ago, BroTaku79 said:

Thanks!

Stands are sold separately.   No ko stands. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:59 PM, BroTaku79 said:

Hey where did you buy this?

Did you buy it off Ebay or Taobao?

Any input is appreciated.  Thanks!

Hey BroTaku79,

Just now seeing this, but if this helps you at all here's where I got my M&M's about a year ago.

bababobo00712 toy store

Type 'valkyrie factory' in the dialog box and they should populate.  I paid $135.85/per unit when I got'em.

9 hours ago, claude grant said:

Hey BroTaku79,

Just now seeing this, but if this helps you at all here's where I got my M&M's about a year ago.

bababobo00712 toy store

Type 'valkyrie factory' in the dialog box and they should populate.  I paid $135.85/per unit when I got'em.

Hey,

Thanks for the info!  How long did the shipping take for you?

I just ordered my M&M from them ^^ $143 each with free shipping!

I think they have the best prices compared to Ebay, AX, and other TaoBao agents.

Glad I waited for your posting!

Edited by BroTaku79

1 hour ago, TommyWMan said:

Are the VF-1J DYRL Hikaru KOs out of stock? Can't find one in the above posting or on eBay.

It's on Ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Valkyrie-factory-KO-1-60-Macross-Fortress-VF-Battlestar-VF1S-Rick-Hunter-SSP/173708256098?hash=item2871d1a362:g:W8EAAOSwOWdcIea7

That is the only one I saw and I am not sure if I would pay $200+ price for it...

I would try to look into AliExpress.com for it

Edited by BroTaku79

11 hours ago, BroTaku79 said:

Hey,

Thanks for the info!  How long did the shipping take for you?

I just ordered my M&M from them ^^ $143 each with free shipping!

I think they have the best prices compared to Ebay, AX, and other TaoBao agents.

Glad I waited for your posting!

You're welcome,

And I forgot to mention that the clear parts came with each valk; at least they did when I got'em.

So glad they still had them, and iirc they arrived well ahead of the projected shipping time to my surprise.

18 minutes ago, claude grant said:

You're welcome,

And I forgot to mention that the clear parts came with each valk; at least they did when I got'em.

So glad they still had them, and iirc they arrived well ahead of the projected shipping time to my surprise.

Nice,

well I hope I get the clear parts but if I don't for some reason, no big deal.

How long did the shipping take for you?

16 hours ago, claude grant said:

Don't hold me to it, but I think they took about 2 1/2 - 3 weeks IIRC.

On the front side of the shipping window I'm almost certain. 

I had several items in transit at the time, so I could be sketchy lol.

lol I won't

As long as I receive the order, I will be good.

I hope these are Premium Finish though cuz the picture looked like a regular one.

On 3/12/2021 at 4:55 PM, jenius said:

Yes, but a KO company showing a pic of a 1/72 model to announce their plan to make a dx toy KO never inspired confidence.

3rd Party companies would be better invested in making Accessories and Upgrade kits.  Imagine if they manufactured Valkyrie heads and packs  for VF-1 valks  or changing out heads on your favorite valks (I’d gladly switch out the VF-25S head for the Ozma YF-29’s pirate skull) or upgrade / improvement kits like locking neck plates for VF-25 (wink wink, nudge, nudge)  or giving Tamashi Da Finger by manufacturing their so called “Web Exclusives” packs and armors.  I normally don’t advocate for KOs nor IP theft, but seeing what 3rd Parties have brought to Transformers fans, I wouldn’t protest 3rd parties for custom armors or even weapons.  I’d buy.  

Edited by Big Irv

1 hour ago, Big Irv said:

3rd Party companies would be better invested in making Accessories and Upgrade kits.  Imagine if the manufactured Valkyrie heads and packs  for VF-1 valks  or changing out heads on your favorite valks (I’d gladly switch out the VF-25S head for the Ozma YF-29’s pirate skull) or upgrade / improvement kits like locking neck plates for VF-25 (wink wink, nudge, nudge)  or giving Tamashi Da Finger by manufacturing their so called “Web Exclusives” packs and armors.  I normally don’t advocate for KOs nor IP theft, but seeing what 3rd Parties have brought to Transformers fans, I wouldn’t protest 3rd parties for custom armors or even weapons.  I’d buy.  

Yeah, this x1000.  Bandai's exclusive accessory shenanigans is just miserable for people who acquire something after the fact, and can't get those.  There's a potential gold mine to be had just mass producing weapons, or fast packs, or armor, or other accessories that you could use with all of their releases. 

Shoot, just pick up any of the Master Files, and go to town making all the unofficial stuff.  They don't even have to be direct knock offs.  Bandai has left a ton of material on the table because they just don't want to produce it themselves.

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, uzernaem said:

A good thing about these KOs - they are ideal for custom works, like TF Jetfire customs. Not many are willing to sacrifice originals.

29 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

It pains me that despite being KOs, they're still incredibly expensive

This!

I have second hand good condition Yamato/Arcadia that is cheaper than the KO. But like @uzernaem said, I still have the feeling that "sacrificing" the KO feel like an easier choice.

I think the main reason why I'm confused as to why these are still pretty expensive is because KOs of Masterpiece Transformers are usually way less expensive than the official ones (example: a KO of MP Hound being $45 on eBay in comparison to the official one being $200 on BBTS)

40 minutes ago, Sgt Nate V said:

I think the main reason why I'm confused as to why these are still pretty expensive is because KOs of Masterpiece Transformers are usually way less expensive than the official ones (example: a KO of MP Hound being $45 on eBay in comparison to the official one being $200 on BBTS)

I think it partially speaks to the necessary precision and labor involved in producing the Yamato design (including all the tampos).  Remember, Yamato made sold a ton of the 1/60 v.2 mold, and still closed its doors.  There's a reason why Arcadia's prices are higher.

Edited by Chronocidal