This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

5 hours ago, Knight26 said:

@claude grant There are grey market 1:20 heads and cockpits?  Where?

5 hours ago, borgified said:

I was actually thinking the same question as well @Knight26

Unless it's the official Kidslogic versions.  

They are definitely the kidslogic 1/8 scale versions, and my crappy cellphone pics do not do them justice.

These things are freakin' gorgeous in hand!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I ordered the Angel Bird and CF. Those should be nice to help fill out the collection. But I have no idea when they are supposed to ship.

I felt like you waiting for mine to arrive. It took 2 months.:D

Me waiting for my toys.....

47w9ed.jpg.eaf857b2aa5fbf0de61ce9bd2bf8322c.jpg

Edited by sqidd

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I ordered the Angel Bird and CF. Those should be nice to help fill out the collection. But I have no idea when they are supposed to ship.

KOs or real ones?

• 4 weeks later...

Any more word on any more of these? Question to those that have these, which releases are the Premium Finish types, i.e. the ones with tampogragh details instead of stickers? I think the max/milia VF-1J have it. Do any of the VF-1S? I wonder why we have not seen/heard of a VF-1J Hikaru with premium finish treatment, as far as I know, there hasn’t been one yet in 1/60 scale(sorry 1/48 DX, at $400-$500 plus shipping, you are out of my league...I am a broke hoe!)

thanks,

Twich

4 minutes ago, twich said:

Any more word on any more of these? Question to those that have these, which releases are the Premium Finish types, i.e. the ones with tampogragh details instead of stickers? I think the max/milia VF-1J have it. Do any of the VF-1S? I wonder why we have not seen/heard of a VF-1J Hikaru with premium finish treatment, as far as I know, there hasn’t been one yet in 1/60 scale(sorry 1/48 DX, at $400-$500 plus shipping, you are out of my league...I am a broke hoe!)

thanks,

Twich

I didn't know there were PO versions.

I unboxed my Focker. I transformed it back to back with an Arcadia. The KO is certainly not the Arcadia, but it's pretty darn good. Absolutely worth the $$$$$.

• 1 month later...
On 8/5/2020 at 9:57 PM, twich said:

thanks,

Twich

I can attest that both the VF-1S Strike Roy and Hikaru are PF. They are a pretty good deal and they come with Clear Fast Pack option parts.

Not sure about the VF-1Js.

10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

That's getting close to my buy limit price.

I think I paid 12,000 yen for a 1/60 V2 Strike Roy in Japan.  Used shop, but the thing looked like it was new in box.

If these things were $50 or so, I'd probably buy one...or more if they offered other types..

Edited by peter

20 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

I can never navigate those darn Taobao pages. 

Haha, it's not too bad and they have great deals on KO and 3P stuff. They are my go to spot for KOs and 3P actually. I always try to buy as close to the source as possible.

Edited by Slave IV

The asking price of the Valkyrie Factory KOs appears to be trending up. Unless you can find one at a steal, it seems to be getting to the point where you may as well get the Yamato or Arcadia for not significantly more. And from more reliable sources. 

7 hours ago, DewPoint said:

The asking price of the Valkyrie Factory KOs appears to be trending up. Unless you can find one at a steal, it seems to be getting to the point where you may as well get the Yamato or Arcadia for not significantly more. And from more reliable sources. 

Exactly.  As I posted earlier, I found a "used" Yammie for basically the same price as a KO.  The prices seem a bit high to me.  I got a super-size KO Optimus Prime for about $50.  Now to me, that's what KO prices should be like (like a 5th of the price of the real deal).

To each their own though, and I guess the market is there for these KOs at the prices they are fetching.  Sort of like those bastard DX 1/48s and how scalpers are able to rake in double the MSRP.

It's a bit ironic that the recent convo started with a post about a great deal and how the prices seem to be going down on these and now it turns into the prices are climbing? I haven't really researched pricing on these much other than I bit when the Angel Bird and CF were announced. I still stick to not wanting to pay more than $100 for a KO VF-1 with S/SP, PF or not.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

It's a bit ironic that the recent convo started with a post about a great deal and how the prices seem to be going down on these and now it turns into the prices are climbing? I haven't really researched pricing on these much other than I bit when the Angel Bird and CF were announced. I still stick to not wanting to pay more than $100 for a KO VF-1 with S/SP, PF or not.

I don't think I'd pay more than $100 USD for a KO either.  Especially since the Canadian peso isn't even worth $100 USD.