This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

16 minutes ago, jenius said:

Looks like I'll actually be getting some KOs if this really happens.

Edit- last time this happened, we found out Arcadia was doing reissues of the same schemes... Wonder if that will happen again.

Good point! Hmmm...

I’ll look at pricing and might bite either way. If Angel Bird and CF are around $75, I’ll bite for sure. 

Yeah, it looks like these might not get the premium Finish that their VF-1S Roy, VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1J Max/Milia did.  I cannot read the text, does it say specifically that they are releasing the Non-PF version of Max and Milia?  

If they would be under $100 USD for non-fast pack, non-premium finish, I would definately want to get these, if the quality is good.

My VF-1J Max is stuck in Indiana, hope it will get to me this week or Monday of next week so I can see how quality these things are.

Twich

So, I just looked at that link that was posted on the previous page and it looks like Valkyrie factory is doing a whole bunch of stuff.  I cannot read it, but it looks like they are doing a KO VF-31J Kai with reaction missles, and it looks like they do KO YF-29 Super Parts.  I would like to see what all of those things posted on the TaoBao site, Valkyrie Factory seem to be quite busy, wonder if it says a release date for the VF-31J Kai KO.

Twich

@apptt4 agreed on that. For something that sold for 2500 yen and was never reissued, you think they’d have done it by now. I wouldn’t mind a half dozen or so of those myself. I like the yeti stands but have a few figs where I’d like to keep all the parts readily available in a simpler, less ornate stand than the launch arm (which I do really like, but it’s very distracting).

amusingly I’ve seen listing for the Valkyrie factory “launch farm” stand KO and they’re priced higher than the official releases that are still available. 

@jenius was thinking the same thing. I don’t like buying KOs so if Arcadia is in fact doing an Angel Bird or Mass Prod 1A I’d rather buy those... though I don’t know what prices might be like. I’d assume similar price point to their initial two VF-1S releases that didn’t have parts -$160ish. The Valkyrie factory ones go for $100-$125 which isn’t a big enough drop in price for a KO, IMO.

of course, Arcadia has also shown/teased Nora’s SV-51 and the VT-1, so unless they pull a Yamato on us, additional VF-1 releases could be a ways off.

I’d at least feel better about taking apart a KO to practice painting and customization than I would an official release. Been thinking about picking up their 1S just for that reason, but again with the pricing. 

KO companies seem to have raised prices since they got wise to how much money collectors are willing to spend. But if it’s the choice between a KO and paying double or triple on the secondary market...

Edited by jeniusornome

11 hours ago, jenius said:

Looks like I'll actually be getting some KOs if this really happens.

Edit- last time this happened, we found out Arcadia was doing reissues of the same schemes... Wonder if that will happen again.

if that happens i'll get an arcadia - even if arcadia's isn't a PF and the VF ones are "PF" like, i'd rather support arcadia and tell them we still want our VF-1 in all the colors of the canon rainbow and some non canon too (low vis from 1/48 scheme i'm looking at you!).  Now if arcadia isn't releasing them then i'll probably pick up a couple CF and an angelbird KO.  i'd rather not but $300 secondary market price on a yamato angelbrid from 10 plus years ago vs. $110ish to $130ish bucks for a KO....i gotta go KO if that is the choice.   what i really want is for arcadia to release a VT-1 though.

Oh yeah if Arcadia is going to release these I would much rather support them. I can see them releasing the CF, but the Angel Birds seems like a stretch. 

The price point on the KOs is kinda high for the subpar quality. Still an interesting development. 

7 minutes ago, Gabe Q said:

So I'm just seeing this. The KO m&m are in stock right now at this place. Is this the reason I keep seeing the official Arcadia releases in stock at HLJ? I mean, it seems like this is really hurting Arcadia. 

While it's not helping, I feel like they didn't become available until a while after the Arcadia release. The M&M schemes just aren't terribly popular and Arcadia have us two versions of them.

15 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

It would be awesome if they got PF treatments.

also spotted on their site...they will be releasing the newer Arcadia Display Stand.

will the fun never end?!?!

I'm excited about the fact that they are thinking more out of the box and turning to the other custom paint schemes like the Angel Bird.

For the display stand though, I think they are based off the old Yamato version, not the new Arcadia one, unless they are doing a new mould.  I have bought a couple of these a while ago and they don't come with the adaptor/convertor that you need for the VF-0. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Where are you guys getting calculations of $100+ for these 1As? I see 399 RMB with 50 RMB deposit. Even if it was 450 RMB, that's around $65 and s/h isn't going to be more than $40. Am I missing something?

I was gonna say the same thing.  Shipping starts at 85 RMB for the 1st kilogram (and I forgot how it adds up after that, sorry), so I am not expecting the Angel Bird 1A to cost more than 500 RMB which is what, $70 USD?

2 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of KO's.  But if this prompts Arcadia to do a CF, I'd probably get one of theirs.

I would really like to get a KO Virgin Road 1D and a 1J trainer.  If someone from Valkyrie Factory is looking at this, please take that into consideration :)

I'm just assuming the prices will end up similar to what a website like Show Z has ($129 for a Roy 1S without parts), or the ebay prices ($99 for same) - not everyone is going to want to navigate taobao or even know how.

The KO of the launch arm stand is $75 on Show Z, for instance. (though it's $45 on HLJ). If there is demand I expect prices for these KOs to be just as high as current ones. It's not like they'd be doing a KO of something readily available, and Macross fans will happily spend more if it's the only option and they "really want it". If Arcadia doesn't do an actual release in these schemes then their only competition on price is the secondary market... and Yamato Angel Birds and Mass Prod 1As are not cheap on the secondary market.

Edited by jeniusornome

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Anywhere else you can buy these, other than taobao?

Managed to hang on registering my account somehow, so my phone is in use but I can't login or recover.

https://showzstore.com/search/?Keyword=valkyrie+factory usually will have these things. Also ebay at some point but right now, that link provided earlier to that store on taobao is the only one I've seen that is offering preorders.

bad news for me.  My ebay purchased ended up being a scam, I got a lego figure instead of a 1/60 VF-1J Max with super packs.  Had to start an ebay case for it.  One of the most expensive lego figures I ever bought......kinda sucks.

Twich

oh no, it was a single lego mini-fig.  It had a grimace and a beard.  was not happy when I saw the package for it, was smaller than a wallet, definately not big enough for a 1/60 VF-1J

Twich

3 hours ago, twich said:

bad news for me.  My ebay purchased ended up being a scam, I got a lego figure instead of a 1/60 VF-1J Max with super packs.  Had to start an ebay case for it.  One of the most expensive lego figures I ever bought......kinda sucks.

Twich

Well dangit. Wondering whether I should wait for mine to arrive or cancel it (it hasn't even despatched yet).

unfortunately, it was.  That seller now has almost 100 negative feedback in just a short span.  You might be lucky, but I got a lego figure.  Good Luck

Twich

Edit-so I had to file a claim with ebay, as the seller did not respond to my email after I received the wrong item.  Ebay took about five minutes before they issued a full refund, so at least I get my money back......kinda wanted the VF-1J Max, though

Edited by twich

On 4/1/2020 at 4:44 AM, twich said:

unfortunately, it was.  That seller now has almost 100 negative feedback in just a short span.  You might be lucky, but I got a lego figure.  Good Luck

Twich

Edit-so I had to file a claim with ebay, as the seller did not respond to my email after I received the wrong item.  Ebay took about five minutes before they issued a full refund, so at least I get my money back......kinda wanted the VF-1J Max, though

+1

In the same situation. After the refund from ebay, I am considering if I should buy this for USD$145.

if you dont want a max/milia VF-1J with fast packs, you could go with the VF-1S Focker that is on ebay for $99.00 USD with free shipping

If you do want the VF-1J with fast packs, I think that this is in line with what the ShowZStore was selling them for before they sold out.

Twich

So, on the off chance that Valk Fac ARE reading this thread:

You could make a killing if you get your hands on some molds for the VF-31 super parts. At this point, it seems unlikely that Bandai even plans to release the last two from Delta flight, or the 31A, and the 31F parts are going for silly prices.