This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

4 hours ago, Sandman said:

Yeah this has happened to me like 3 times. Like SpaceCowboy i can spot these guys right away now.

- drastically cheaper prices than a similar Chinese seller.

- Look at recent feedback. They will start getting negative feedback within 30 days of deciding to go rogue.

- Feedback set to private.

This is my second time.

The first time, ebay refund me without me even noticing anything is wrong. I guess other buyer's issues have alerted them to the problem.

This KO valk is my second time. Trying to open a case with eBay but they force me to wait till the end of the shipping arrival estimate of the fake tracking. So I started a case via PayPal. Waiting for seller response (5 days wait, and I am sure he/she will never reply).

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2019 at 10:39 AM, Sandman said:

I've always gotten my money back so not that much of a big deal for me. What bugs me is that it ties of my money for a least a week. 

Finally got my money back from PayPal after some wait (2weeks?).

50 minutes ago, DewPoint said:

China devalues their Yuan.  I wonder if we will see a price drop on these.  So far nothing.  If the price drops low enough, I may pick one up to abuse at work.  The supers are no sale though.

I am keeping an eye on Aliexpress to see if the value in USD will drop 10%.

The handling of these are not as good as Yamato/Arcadia. The joints are a bit "soggy", if you know what I mean. But for just display, it is up to the PF quality. So I don't mind picking up one or two more.

If the non PF version (mainly just saw Roy version with non-PF treatment) are available for a good price (normally USD60 before shipping in taobao), it will be good for customization practice.

Yeah i had a similar experience when i tried to buy an MP Soundwave knock off. Too good to be true, and it was. I did get my money back though... withing a month or so, maybe longer.

Same MO: low price, account was not stellar, and then as i kept checking his Ebay feedback, as I was suspicious, and it kept gaining negative marks.

Edited by vlenhoff

16 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

That is great news indeed.

Were you the only buyer affected?

I don't think so. There are at least one other member here that buy from this seller at about the same time as me.

39 minutes ago, Pedro2k6 said:

yeah

.....that's me...still waiting for ebays resolution.

I ditched Ebay and go directly to PayPal.

Maybe it is not a bad idea to do that too (if you do pay with PayPal). Good luck.

I wonder if PayPal can get its money back. Otherwise whoever stolen the account get the fund, but PayPal (or its underwriter/insurance) will have to fork up the bill.

I need to be more careful on too good to be true deal in future. Don't want to feed these thieves.

Edited by kkx

15 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

Is there any way to contact valkyrie factory and ask them to milk the VF-1 mold ?

Cavaliers, low-viz Roy, Angel birds, Alaska............etc......

Drool.......dammit

I have no idea.

I guess there are also Macross fans in China that are closer to the source and I am sure they feel that same way about getting valkyrie factory to mild the mold.

So whatever it is, the development of a new variant even with the existing mold must be non trivial (due to whatever limitation) and require a good size demand to justify starting one.

Otherwise, we would have seen flood of offer from them.

But bear in mind that the quality is not up to the same standard as Yamato/Arcadia. Mine copy have problem with the knee and ankle joints. Just not as firm as the original.

I would still buy one of each if they offer those rare variants (Angle bird!!!!!).

I might bite if they make a 1J Brownie or a Kakizaki. And definitely an Alaska Base or Cavaliers. 

Edited by Sildani

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

damn i bought one of those valk factory SSP for 70 bucks or so...46?  thats almost as cheap as the yamato days.  i think the record low i saw back then was ~$30?  i should have picked up way more back then.  i might get a set or 3 of these at 46....thats a good price becasue i'm pretty sure shipping price is built in with showz.  also if i didn't already have both a yamato and arcadia set of M and M i'd jump on that as well.  I think  the yamato set i got was around $150-160ish converted to USD each back in the day .  i hope they do both the more obscure canon schemes that were done by yamarcadia (like angel birds which i neglected to pick up all these years)  and schemes yamato never did on the V2 1/60 (alaska base, minmay guard, realistic style schemes, low visibility types, etc).  that would flesh out the yamarcadia 1/60 v2 squadron nicely...cuz i'm never going to able to replicate that quantity and variety at 1/48 dx chogokin scale (or old yammy 1/48) as i did at 1/60.  i doubt it will happen but i can dream....or maybe comission a custom or 3 but customs are never quite as good to handle and just end up being display only pieces usually...unless they have very little paint etc.

*EDIT  damn they are sold out of SSP!!  didn't notice that!

Edited by Mechapilot77

2 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Do these come in knockoff packaging too or is there an easy way to spot if an unopened one is legit or not?

From the link I provided above.

https://showzstore.com/valkyrie-factory-1-60-super-space-part-ssp-for-vf-1s-valkyrie-marcoss-upgrade-kit-arcadia-compatible_p1033.html

be27d83f63.thumb.jpeg.86f3a88ecc51716d55caf06998982e25.jpeg

I personally think they are both one and the same. 

Those that pass QC are sold as legit, with their respective boxes , stickers and manuals....whereas the lower QC are passed off as KO and sold as such at a lower price point. Anyhow, I really don't care, as long as they look good, I dont transform any of mine, just leave them in fighter mode. 

22 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

Those that pass QC are sold as legit, with their respective boxes , stickers and manuals....whereas the lower QC are passed off as KO and sold as such at a lower price point. Anyhow, I really don't care, as long as they look good, I dont transform any of mine, just leave them in fighter mode. 

Are you sure this is the case? There is a huge difference between a rejected good and counterfeit copy.

38 minutes ago, Pulltoeject said:

I really doubt this, the KOs have parts that are completely different shapes (yellow transparent bits on the tabs to the side of the head for instance).

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

All we can do is speculate. 

Not really. Many companies who manufacture food products do the same. Make a legitimate product and get returns for items that are not up to par with their customer QC and QA specs.  Alter that sugar, fat, or salt content is slightly altered and repacked for sale. In other instances they just resell defective product and “fire sell” it at a deep discounted price with a new packaging. Or just strip it of it’s label and off it goes! Why do think various institutional centers eat better than most law abiding citizens. Or do they?

Sounds crazy but very true.

I'm fairly certain the Valkyrie Factory toys are not QC fails because of the different heads and few parts they don't share in common but it seems like there has to be SOME relation... 

Here's my guess... it's the paint process. Arcadia pays to have a process set-up and does their production run. Then VF comes through with their KOs. I'm just grasping at straws but I can't think of a good reason why a KO would follow the release schedule of the genuine product... it just hurts both companies instead of helping anyone.

2 hours ago, Pulltoeject said:

I thought this was settled way back in October.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:04 AM, rdrunner said:

Mine also arrived today. 

Quick verdict: for about $80 including postage, this is not a bad KO copy for messing around when I can keep the genuine Arcadia copy in display.  There are a few noticeable differences in tolerance and finish. I will just focus on these: 

1. Leg fin parts do not line up well when they are not folded. Bigger gap than Arcadia or Yamato and the Fin feels slightly thicker. 

2. Wheel doors on each leg do not close up flushly. This may be a tolerance thing or the parts just need massaging in  

3. I can’t get the tabs that tab into the back of the legs in fighter mode to tab in properly. The alignment of the feet in F mode is a little off probably because of this.

4. HOW TO DISTINGUISH between a KO and genuine copy: look at the two pics of Battroid mode. The orange “lights” behind the shoulders are different in shape and colour tone. The KO one is lighter and the lights are slightly longer.

5.  The red “sights” of the gunpod are different - KO has a mold line in this piece where the Arcadia is completely smooth and the red is brighter in colour. 

6. Top down view of the shoulders show a little difference in the shape of the parts near the front hinge. KO is tapered and Arcadia has straight corners. 

7. Wing tip lights in the KO has matte paint, Arcadia uses metallic paint for the red and blue.

8. The clear parts near the wing root are well aligned and flush in Arcadia’s copy. The KO clear parts are not installed very well and stick out  

B5024F70-E20A-474A-9BDC-3868FF1C0AC2.jpeg

D2DB848F-567A-44C8-9BA4-19EA6E36D1A5.jpeg

ED0DB897-6EDE-4D93-AF6D-C4E52BF72A41.jpeg

81908CE1-5E1C-4B4E-B939-53F58B36AD03.jpeg

34BB7B0E-D6EA-48AA-B525-6CEFC784D97C.jpeg

D5984548-EDD8-4B3C-A17D-E97F6A9E1F0E.jpeg

0661C10E-6803-448D-BC0B-BCBB92DADF56.jpeg

60522ED3-A7A1-4DD3-AFF0-B100E77143AC.jpeg

97A22F18-DF1C-4964-A8B1-316382CEA2E9.jpeg

7E1B7775-D9A3-4A7C-91C0-8BE4C1ABF046.jpeg

And the armor parts do not fit the KOs.  If anything they made most of their molds off of the Yamato Assembly Kits.