This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

2 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I just bought it off eBay. Keep a watch on any of the sellers and see if they make you a discount offer. I didn’t know it would come with the clear parts. So it might be a craps shoot.

Thanks, I think I have found the $155 seller, I am pinging him/her about the clear parts.

If you were on the fence on the Valkyrie Factory VF-1S Roy, it is currently on sale at 15% off on Show.Z

https://showzstore.com/valkyrie-factory-1-60-vf-1s-macross-arcadia-compatible_p0290.html

$110 

I got the Rick with strike parts a while back, and I think it is pretty well done.  I saw one review have problems with some pieces (the head cover) snapping.  The chest plate on mine was very tight, but I loosened the screws holding it in place, and that seemed to fix the problem.

I was very much on the fence on buying a Roy, but decided I have enough valks I don't need a second KO as well.

I am anxious to hear more about the KO VF-31J they have planned. If it is quality, I would rather pay $140 ish for the toy than $260-$1000, especially if they make more variants of the VF-31 1/60 scale

twich

59 minutes ago, twich said:

I am anxious to hear more about the KO VF-31J they have planned. If it is quality, I would rather pay $140 ish for the toy than $260-$1000, especially if they make more variants of the VF-31 1/60 scale

Indeed, I've got plenty of VF-1's in my life. 31's however are scarce and a ~$140-ish product would be awefully tempting.

Instead of being "Valkyrie Factory" they should have named themselves "Convertors" and made the valks in a whole bunch of different colors like the old Henkei toys. I don't need another Hikaru or Roy though I guess it's nice for people who missed the official releases. Rare paint schemes and new paint schemes would be cool though. They should do paint schemes to match ever Optimus Prime MP-10... I dunno, go nuts.

On 6/7/2019 at 6:14 PM, jenius said:

Rare paint schemes and new paint schemes would be cool though.

THAT would make buying one of these worth it for sure. Never thought I’d that. 

So i took advantage of the last ebay sale and got a hikaru and roy.  One came in the plastic tray, but the other in foam.  

All of the box missles and reaction missiles have thicker pegs that wont fit into the wing mounts though, is that common?

1 hour ago, HG Blows said:

So i took advantage of the last ebay sale and got a hikaru and roy.  One came in the plastic tray, but the other in foam.  

All of the box missles and reaction missiles have thicker pegs that wont fit into the wing mounts though, is that common?

What ebay sale? Missed it. :(

Are they harder to fit than the non-KO version?

6 hours ago, HG Blows said:

Sounds about right, mine were a tight fit. I can't remember whether I sanded any of mine, but at least some of them I was able to get on by just kinda gently flexing the missile side of the mount whilst putting them on.

9 hours ago, kkx said:

What ebay sale? Missed it. :(

Are they harder to fit than the non-KO version?

It was like 13% ebay bucks or something, but yeah way harder than the authentic ver, the edge of the wing mounts are stressed from trying to force it on.

I just ended up trimming with an exacto

Received one each of Hikaru and Roy.

Finish and fitting is a bit less than perfect, joints are not as tight too, but not big deal. The arm armor is a bit hard to put on.

Overall very nice PF look for a very good price. Getting this just for the PF looks so will not be handling this much.

The biggest turn off if the head. But going to have this in either fighter or gerwalk mode to show off the PF marking, so can sort of ignore the problem with the head sculpt.

Just saw this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/223551326299

For $85 shipped, I am getting two more just to practice weathering and panel-lining.

8 minutes ago, kkx said:

Finish and fitting is a bit less than perfect, joints are not as tight too, but not big deal. The arm armor is a bit hard to put on.

Overall very nice PF look for a very good price. Getting this just for the PF looks so will not be handling this much.

The biggest turn off if the head. But going to have this in either fighter or gerwalk mode to show off the PF marking, so can sort of ignore the problem with the head sculpt.

Just saw this:

For $85 shipped, I am getting two more just to practice weathering and panel-lining.

Beware on this guy. It may be an account that has "gone rogue".

I just purchased this same piece/auction on Thursday - and it was listed at around $130-135. By Saturday that same auction was going for around $32! Most items in his store were marked down 75%. Today it had shot back up to $85. He also has 5 negative reviews in the past month.

I did receive my tracking number (speedpak, sadly), but I have the feeling that I will receive a box of  empty sardine cans.

Edited by Grimgerde

4 hours ago, Grimgerde said:

Beware on this guy. It may be an account that has "gone rogue".

I just purchased this same piece/auction on Thursday - and it was listed at around $130-135. By Saturday that same auction was going for around $32! Most items in his store were marked down 75%. Today it had shot back up to $85. He also has 5 negative reviews in the past month.

I did receive my tracking number (speedpak, sadly), but I have the feeling that I will receive a box of  empty sardine cans.

Thanks for the heads up. It is fishy. Will hope to get refund back from eBay.

Too good to be true. :( 

5 hours ago, kkx said:

Just saw this:

So these KO are PF? Hmmmm, I would have but on that eBay listing since it comes in at my magic number of under $100 but after reading the last couple posts, I think I’ll pass for now. PF Valks with super/Strike parts for under $100 will get me all in on them if it ever happens though. 

does anyone have any more news about the Valkyrie Factory 1/60 VF-31J that is supposed to come out in a few months.  Have checked the ZShow site, but nothing new.....and it is confusing, is it a KO of the VF-31J Kai or the VF-31J original release?  for $160 and good quality, I would rather pay that then $280-350 that a Bandai goes for, I am just not that rich and can really only justify one VF-31 to the wife, I want it to be a good one!

Twich

I got taken by a few Chinese scammers.  How to spot them - only purchase from accounts that have near 100% satisfication.  99%-97% can be okay PROVIDED they have tons of feedback and most/all of the negative feedback isn't recent.  Second, don't purchase from accounts that are less than a year or two old.  Finally - any time an item is marked down amazingly low, take it with a grain of salt, ESPECIALLY if it is coming from China.  Even KOs have a general market value that you can suss out by seeing what reputable chinese sellers are selling it for (see the first two hints).  So if you see a Figma KO selling for roughly $30-$50 from most Chinese sellers, and suddenly you find one for $8, chances are, that is a scam.

Every time I go to ebay to buy a KO, I'll sort by price, and end up skipping the first page or so as most of those are from accounts less than a year old selling at unreasonably low prices compared to what it should probably be. 

Yes, you can generally get your money back, but considering it might take weeks for an item to arrive stateside, then weeks of trying to "resolve" the problem through ebay, then for ebay/your CC company to investigate and determine, yes this was fraud, it's best to try to avoid all that hassle to begin with.

With this particular seller, i just bought at precisely the wrong time. He was an "ok'd" seller on the tfw2005 boards, and didn't drop prices/start accumulating negative feedback until the days AFTER I purchased.

I already submitted a case with PayPal, and will submit it with ebay once the package "arrives". But yeah, a lot of wasted time and energy when it would have been better to just avoid altogether.

29 minutes ago, Grimgerde said:

With this particular seller, i just bought at precisely the wrong time. He was an "ok'd" seller on the tfw2005 boards, and didn't drop prices/start accumulating negative feedback until the days AFTER I purchased.

I already submitted a case with PayPal, and will submit it with ebay once the package "arrives". But yeah, a lot of wasted time and energy when it would have been better to just avoid altogether.

same problem here....Just the wrong time....gonna have to wait until my package arrive.

Yeah this has happened to me like 3 times. Like SpaceCowboy i can spot these guys right away now.

- drastically cheaper prices than a similar Chinese seller.

- Look at recent feedback. They will start getting negative feedback within 30 days of deciding to go rogue.

- Feedback set to private.