This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

Oh!  I see the difference now, thanks for the clarification.  Hm, which one would I want... I like having the missiles and... well otherwise, it doesn't look that much different and the kai version isn't canon is it (why even do that)?  But the listing on ebay has a pic that looks like a development model which doesn't have the black stripes or missiles, so who tf knows. :pardon:

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

I thought those pics looked familiar when I was looking at the 1/72 kits today!  What does "kai" mean?

Kai means Custom, Upgrade, Altered, Corrected, Chaged, etc. 

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

And let's not forget the unicorn emblem on it's back

Unicorn? This is no Gundam. :lol:  I thought it was a Knight's helmet with horn and wings.

1 hour ago, Pontus said:

Oh!  I see the difference now, thanks for the clarification.  Hm, which one would I want... I like having the missiles and... well otherwise, it doesn't look that much different and the kai version isn't canon is it (why even do that)?  But the listing on ebay has a pic that looks like a development model which doesn't have the black stripes or missiles, so who tf knows. :pardon:

VF-31J改 (VF-31J/Kai) is indeed a canon. I have a feeling you haven't finished watching the Delta series. :rolleyes:

If not, then I suggest keep it that way so you won't waste your precious time and just dive in straight to the movie version. Though in the movie version Gekijou no Walküre (Passionate Walküre)...

Spoiler

Hayate didn't get the Kai.

Edited by no3Ljm

38 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Here is the “REAL” gray market VF.

So versatile and reminds me of the old Imai and Aria model handbooks of the eighties with mashed up model kits.

6029335E-8E46-4559-9A0D-8D5379EC9F4F.jpeg

FE17436D-EDBF-4F5E-842C-3EF60862E128.jpeg

Now that reminds me of this:

^_^ 

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 9:04 AM, Pontus said:

I have a theory.  Aren't all the Yamato and Arcadia toys made in China?  I just looked on Anymoon.com and yes, there by the UPC, "made in China".  They probably build them in bulk and then sort out the good ones for Arcadia, ship them to Japan, and then sell off the seconds as "knock offs" instead of throwing them away wastefully.  When building something this complicated involving molding, assembly, painting, etc., you can't get everything perfect every time.  There's going to be some seconds, probably a lot.  Or they may be getting returns from Arcadia as they inspect prior to packaging (although they probably package in China too).

If Arcadia complains, what are they going to do?  Make it themselves?  HAH!  Yeah right.  Find someone else to make them?  Good luck with that.  Speaking of which, do you really think there's some OTHER factory in China making these knock offs?  Probably not.

I think parts of your theory are correct according to my research.  Toy companies don't own the factories that make their product.  They pay factories extra for QC.  Toys that fail to pass QC disappear.  2 defective toys marked for the trash can be taken apart to make a good one.   Skilled factory workers have the knowledge and access to machinery to use discarded molds or make new ones.   Copies of official product are almost the same quality because they're all made by the same people.  Factories themselves are either part of it taking a cut or turn a blind eye on their workers activity as it is just part of the business.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Slave IV said:

Super/Strike Parts. Not bad for $30 but it definitely confirms I would not pay full regular price for any of these KOs. Overall feel is a bit cheaper than official with the fit and finish just not being there but I like that the Skulls are tampoed.

Just got mine yesterday, and I pretty much feel the same.  Definitely worth $30, but not the full price, I'm planning on using mine for a custom paint job for my Cavaliers alla Max and Miria.

Not to bag on any other's desires/opinions, but why would anyone want clear covers when the covers are removable?  If you want to see inside, you remove the cover.  But some foggy, plastic covers instead (that will probably yellow)...? :unknw: I just don't get it.

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@Bots & Bits or @rdrunner.. Can either of you two post the links for the KO Arcadia Clear Leg Armours? I'm not having any success.

Try this: https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.19.37c34346i0PS8O&id=545256270584&ns=1&abbucket=18#detail

Select the "透明替换件 搭配飞机 89" option for the clear parts only.  When I did that it showed a price of 99 RMB (USD 14.77)

55 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Not to bag on any other's desires/opinions, but why would anyone want clear covers when the covers are removable?  If you want to see inside, you remove the cover.  But some foggy, plastic covers instead (that will probably yellow)...? :unknw: I just don't get it.

hi Pontus, I do see your point, I got the KO SSP set a while back (with the clear parts), and while at first they looked cool, I ended up displaying the SSP with the covers on as normal, and never got the clear parts out of the box again...:unknw:

2 hours ago, Pontus said:

I have several VF-1's with super parts on display and one of them, I like to display with the covers off on one side and I think it looks better with the clear covers to protect the insides and still be able to see the cover and inside. For $15, it's basically another display option for me.

Looks like Valkyrie Factory is going to release a VF-1S Roy + SSP Premium edition much like their Hikaru release.  bababobo00712  is currently  taking pre-orders.

Personally, I much prefer Yamato's vf-1s head sculpt over the ko, but its fighter/gerwalk mode work rather nicely.

On an un-related note, for anyone that was able to pick up VF's SSP on sale and is willing to sell one at around cost, please PM me 8)

Edited by RIBFIR

• 3 weeks later...

Newly posted on another Macross thread.

Link provided by Show.Z

https://showzstore.com/in-coming-valkyrie-factory-vf-1-60-vf-1s-vf1s-macross-roy-fokker-focker-special-version-full-paintedin-coming_p1271.html

Valkyie Factory's take on the "PE" Strike VF-1s Roy for $178.00 USD

Edit: This is the exact pic used as I can't not enlarge it.

9638c90318_jpg_240x240.jpg

Edited by borgified

Newly posted on another Macross thread.

Link provided by Show.Z

https://showzstore.com/in-coming-valkyrie-factory-vf-1-60-vf-1s-vf1s-macross-roy-fokker-focker-special-version-full-paintedin-coming_p1271.html

Valkyie Factory's take on the "PE" Strike VF-1s Roy for $178.00 USD

Edit: This is the exact pic used as I can't not enlarge it.

9638c90318_jpg_240x240.jpg

Don't you mean $158, not $178?

image.png.6b79841ca04f9623820b48c2d0cd516e.png

• 2 weeks later...

I almost forgot I ordered the clear cover parts and when I checked my Taobao order, it said my item was sitting in a distribution center and I needed to pay additional shipping. It was close to getting cancelled but glad I caught it in time. Once I figured it out and paid, it arrived very quickly and I got it today. This is how it showed up. 

12B00F0D-FE00-4E4F-8229-B681FFD9BBD0.thumb.jpeg.b32fe713ee46c833d74dba3ac6cbfd68.jpeg

No protection at all, just a bag in a bag. NBD, it seems fine and I’ll check it out and hopefully post some pics tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I almost forgot I ordered the clear cover parts and when I checked my Taobao order, it said my item was sitting in a distribution center and I needed to pay additional shipping. It was close to getting cancelled but glad I caught it in time. Once I figured it out and paid, it arrived very quickly and I got it today. This is how it showed up. 

12B00F0D-FE00-4E4F-8229-B681FFD9BBD0.thumb.jpeg.b32fe713ee46c833d74dba3ac6cbfd68.jpeg

No protection at all, just a bag in a bag. NBD, it seems fine and I’ll check it out and hopefully post some pics tomorrow.

I think you can tell your taobao middleman to keep all packaging. At least that's how it works with tbfocus. If you say nothing, most of the time, they will discard the packaging. 

8 minutes ago, t040484 said:

I think you can tell your taobao middleman to keep all packaging. At least that's how it works with tbfocus. If you say nothing, most of the time, they will discard the packaging. 

Interesting. I didn’t even know any middleman would be involved when I ordered. Oh well, nbd as if it was anything like the super parts box, nothing really to miss but a cheap box and plastic. 

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Interesting. I didn’t even know any middleman would be involved when I ordered. Oh well, nbd as if it was anything like the super parts box, nothing really to miss but a cheap box and plastic. 

I ordered the SSP pack with clear parts, and the latter didn’t come with any packaging, and were just slipped into the SSP box as well. 

2 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I ordered the SSP pack with clear parts, and the latter didn’t come with any packaging, and were just slipped into the SSP box as well. 

So it sounds consistent. My SSP Set was ordered separately and just came on a flimsy generic box. All good. Gonna put the clear parts on a genuine SSP set tomorrow and see how it goes  

4 hours ago, Dobber said:

Maybe they will tackle the 1/48 VF-1 series as well. I just ordered the Hikaru VF-1S + SSP bundle. Hope it is good. May get the Roy as well.

Chris

I have that funny feeling that they may do this and also do the obscure colours just like the 1/48 Yammies.

On 4/9/2019 at 3:48 AM, twich said:

I wonder what the quality of the upcoming VF-31J will be, that might be the only way I get a VF-31 DX valk 

Twich

If it’s 90% of the way there and they put out a 31A version a lot of us on this board are going to have literal fleets of those things.