This was bound to happen...gray market VF's?

UN Spacy

Presenting KO strike ehem SPACE parts.. 

Nice paint apps, no bleeding. Roy skull black is prepainted on the booster. 

Attaches well. Kinda hard to remove the upper cover of the booster though. 

Again there are a few faults with this KO, but as a non playing / fiddling like a kid toy collector and just admiring the looks at every angle.. Im good with this KO eventhough the price. 

The logo on the sticker skull sheets seems different though. Like toynami lols

DSC_1788.JPG

DSC_1791.JPG

DSC_1793.JPG

DSC_1796.JPG

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Found them on taobao recently. Sorry not sure if its ok to post links here or not.

I think it's fine since this is the grey market thread for these.

I mean, we also have FEXT thread which is also not 'official' but they still post FEXT links. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

I googled for taobao shopping guide, and thought that this page offered a fairly detailed and clean step by step explanation.  Take a look and let us know how you get on, but I have only started shopping on TB about 8 months ago, and most of the time the experience had been smooth.  Happy shopping!

https://www.sassyhongkong.com/sassys-guide-to-taobao-style/

Edited by rdrunner

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

Depends if the stickers are applied or not: is it the premium equivalent or standard blank version ?

We're talking about a straight up blank KO  in whck you have to peel and paste..

Here's what it says: "here's HIkaru Ichijo's custom VF-1S Strike Valkyrie!  It's equipped with a complete set of Strike parts and is transformable between all three modes--Gerwalk, Battroid and Fighter. It comes with a pilot figure, gun pod, medium distance missiles, missile container, a part to attach it to a stand (the stand is not included), complete Strike parts, a replacement micro-missile pod for the Super version, and stickers for the markings."

c73bd1df2d.jpg

0524fa5baa.jpg

4c59e95c40.jpg

2 hours ago, borgified said:

We're talking about a straight up blank KO  in whck you have to peel and paste..

Here's what it says: "here's HIkaru Ichijo's custom VF-1S Strike Valkyrie!  It's equipped with a complete set of Strike parts and is transformable between all three modes--Gerwalk, Battroid and Fighter. It comes with a pilot figure, gun pod, medium distance missiles, missile container, a part to attach it to a stand (the stand is not included), complete Strike parts, a replacement micro-missile pod for the Super version, and stickers for the markings."

c73bd1df2d.jpg

0524fa5baa.jpg

4c59e95c40.jpg

Weird when it was first announced almost 2 years ago, they were advertising it as premium finish.

20 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

150 shipped with super/strike parts isn’t bad. Must resist :)

Beware that the quality of the KO isn't on par with the original - there are some differences in the mold/parts and clearance issues.  This will also not work with the GBP armor, but I doubt anyone getting a KO will be doing that anyway.

From previous post yes tha quality is subpar given that parts do not mate well, plastic feels cheap, and breakage is imminent. But what I would like to know is about the shoulders. Has anyone experienced any breakage the shoulders? Are these the updated versions?

I lower my expectations for this KO. I mean, if the parts from the original doesn't have breakage nor misaligned areas, and we get feedbacks on how it was on these KO's for those parts, what are the chances of the parts that was fixed or updated from the latest or last version of Yamato/Arcadia's VF-1 will not break or give out in these KO's?

But like everyone is saying, if these were $80 something including Super/Stike Parts, I'll bite. But more than $100, I'll probably save more to get an original. ;)

I know I'm very disappointed with the plastics used in KO LEGO bionicle coming out of China.  It snaps on use so I'd be weary of dropping more than say $100 with shipping included on one of these.  Time will tell...

On 11/9/2018 at 7:40 PM, JET7 said:

Presenting KO strike ehem SPACE parts.. 

Nice paint apps, no bleeding. Roy skull black is prepainted on the booster. 

Attaches well. Kinda hard to remove the upper cover of the booster though. 

Again there are a few faults with this KO, but as a non playing / fiddling like a kid toy collector and just admiring the looks at every angle.. Im good with this KO eventhough the price. 

The logo on the sticker skull sheets seems different though. Like toynami lols

DSC_1788.JPG

DSC_1791.JPG

DSC_1793.JPG

DSC_1796.JPG

I got excited for a sec and thought hese were for HMR lmao

Not too sure if I'm allowed to post this here, but in case anyone is looking there is one seller selling these on ebay. Price is a bit steep for a KO, at $170-ish for valk + FP :

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Valkyrie-factory-1-60-Macross-ARCADIA-VF-1S-SSP-Backpack-full-set-Toy-Ko/163404209219?hash=item260ba65c43:g:CS0AAOSwPWtb~27h:rk:2:pf:0

On 11/27/2018 at 12:11 PM, no3Ljm said:

If anyone interested on Valkyrie Factory Hikaru's VF-1S with Super/Strike included, Show Z Store has it for $147.99 with Free Shipping to the US.

https://showzstore.com/valkyrie-factory-vf-1-60-vf-1s-vf1s-strike-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-style-w-super-space-part-upgrade-kit_p1125.html

in a weeks' time its gone up $10 already.  guess they are selling too well.  pretty much everyone who wants this deco on the V2 mold (of which this is a ko of) already has it (on this board anyway).   how about if they are gonna do a KO, release some unique decos?  or at least hard to find ones?  my preference would be for unique as i've ever yamato/arcadia vf-1 i want other than the super ostrich (i'll have to track that down some day...ugh!  was hoping arcadia would reissue it with good shoulders at some point but not looking promising!).  i mean look at stuff the KO/KO OS people are doing in the TF world.  some of those unique decos are nice!  cell shaded anyone?  battle damaged?  totally original decos (like a white movie optimus?).  do something the officials guys won't or can't do! 

also at $160 a pop for something known to be a KO...it was just a couple years ago arcadia released fully legit strike valkyries that could be had for just under $185 ish or so...25 bucks isn't a lot of savings but yeah vs. afteramarket its way cheaper. 

22 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Also at $160 a pop for something known to be a KO...it was just a couple years ago arcadia released fully legit strike valkyries that could be had for just under $185 ish or so...25 bucks isn't a lot of savings but yeah vs. afteramarket its way cheaper. 

Pretty much, that's about what I paid for a new Miria, shipped, from Hobby Search.

1 hour ago, Pulltoeject said:

Maybe somebody could contact showzstore and ask them if they can make valks in  other colors

Purple, green, yellow, etc. 

I'm not particularly crazy of canon correct valks, I just like their design in general. But in other colors, I think they would do well. Just my 2 cents

FYI. Show Z Store is just the store. They're not the company who's making this. It's Valkyrie Factory.

1 hour ago, Mechapilot77 said:

in a weeks' time its gone up $10 already.  guess they are selling too well.  pretty much everyone who wants this deco on the V2 mold (of which this is a ko of) already has it (on this board anyway).   how about if they are gonna do a KO, release some unique decos?  or at least hard to find ones?  my preference would be for unique as i've ever yamato/arcadia vf-1 i want other than the super ostrich (i'll have to track that down some day...ugh!  was hoping arcadia would reissue it with good shoulders at some point but not looking promising!).  i mean look at stuff the KO/KO OS people are doing in the TF world.  some of those unique decos are nice!  cell shaded anyone?  battle damaged?  totally original decos (like a white movie optimus?).  do something the officials guys won't or can't do! 

also at $160 a pop for something known to be a KO...it was just a couple years ago arcadia released fully legit strike valkyries that could be had for just under $185 ish or so...25 bucks isn't a lot of savings but yeah vs. afteramarket its way cheaper. 

True. It went up by $10. At $157.99, it still beats on getting just the naked Valkyrie Factory's VF-1S for $129.99. ;)