Coming To America sequel!?

UN Spacy

Easy

9 hours ago, Mog said:

Don't know why they'd wanna do a sequel. 

Easy: they're all getting old now, and they need some $$ comin' in.  :p  Well, 'cept maybe James Earl Jones; he's probably like: "nah, screw that, I'm good.  I don't need to [work] any more, I'm comfortable with them CNN checks..."  

Edited by reddsun1

11 hours ago, Hikuro said:

but got stuck due to the travel ban.

Hah!  Good one.  :p

IIRC, Eddie stated in an interview--as an explanation as to why we've seen so little from him in recent years--that he "didn't want to do anything else that sucked."  Here's hoping that he feels pretty good about the quality and chances of this project--if it moves forward.

on a side note: if you haven't seen them before, I'd recommend youtubing Charlie Murphy's True Hollywood Stories.  Mind you, not [just] the Chapelle Show skits, but Charlie's taped interviews.  OMFG, that cat is f'in hilarious. 

Edited by reddsun1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Coming 2 America is now an Amazon Prime Video release coming March 5, 2021.

Too bad we're not going to see Cuba this time around. :( 

Coming 2 America.

Set after the events of the first film, former Prince Akeem Joffer (Eddie Murphy) is set to become King of Zamunda when he discovers he has a son he never knew about in America – a street savvy Queens native named Lavelle (Jermaine Fowler). Honoring his royal father's (James Earl Jones) dying wish to groom this son as the crown prince, since Akeem and Lisa’s daughter is ineligible to take over the throne since Zamundan law says that it has to be a male heir to take the throne. Akeem and Semmi (Arsenio Hall) set off to America once again.

Edited by no3Ljm

4 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Five bucks this film ends with Akeem rewriting Zamundan law to let his daughter take the throne, he is the king after all.:lol:

That was my guess the instant I read it too.  But the original was all about the journey and not the destination and hopefully this one is like that too.

• 1 month later...