WIP_VF_TOY

IamChris

16 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Just found another 3D designer named Chris who sold his VGF-14 design for the Macross the First manga, perhaps the guy is the same guy and that this very design has been sold too?! I don’t know but at least we can continue to dream :)

https://www.deviantart.com/theschell

IamChris is not Chris Schell.  Schell sold hid VGF-14 design to the artist for the new ROBOTECH comic series not knowing it would be used that way.  We discussed this last year in the comic thread.

• 2 weeks later...

A brand-new design of a 18-24” 3-mode transforming stealthy VF-1 if Lockheed built it is the best I can describe. With a sword. It looked amazing and this guy kept hinting it would be produced for a good hunk of money. 

On 11/24/2018 at 8:02 PM, Numbninja said:

what was this guy posting....I'm curious to see what all the salivating was all about

On 11/24/2018 at 8:27 PM, Sildani said:

A brand-new design of a 18-24” 3-mode transforming stealthy VF-1 if Lockheed built it is the best I can describe. With a sword. It looked amazing and this guy kept hinting it would be produced for a good hunk of money. 

The pics previously posted suggested It would be epic.

And I'm looking forward to maybe actually being able to hold one in my hands!

Hopefully it comes out at something comparable to Bandai's DX Valks... If it achieves comparable quality to Bandai or Arcadia, and around the 2-Foot mark in length, this project will be a 'Must Have' for myself, and hopefully many others as well!

Valks with Swords!!!

On 11/24/2018 at 4:02 PM, Numbninja said:

what was this guy posting....I'm curious to see what all the salivating was all about

If you could picture an updated VF-25 but without the angel wings back and instead having the main wings mounted like an VF-19 in battroid /gerwalk and the tailfins integrated in the legs . He also had Super parts for it I believe. Also a katana looking sword.

I won't add the pics because OP edited his posts due to maybe legal reasons so I'll respect his decision but it's not hard to find them.

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I can’t believe this model went to waste?! At least the creator could have make a private copy for himself.

Yes, one would think so. And yet.. keeping a copy for oneself would still be a show off bragging follow up, wouldn’t it?

More likely it’s been sold to someone and closed up shop. Or it’s still sitting there on the work bench and life happened..

Or maybe we’ll all get a pleasant surprise one day..

Either way, I really appreciate people’s efforts to do this kind of stuff, like you @Xigfrid and @Jasonc  and @captain americaand others out there. I know it can be difficult to finish these projects all the way through. 

The more the merrier!

Edited by Bolt