NEW MEGAZONE23

STTMRAM

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Any details? Reboot or sequel?

Seems it could be a reboot. Wording says  magazone 23 remake if I translated it right. But I don't think the character model there is of relation cause I also ready something called pretty Sammy. 

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Any details? Reboot or sequel?

Could be both.  A completely new series (シリーズ完全新作) and a reboot (リメイク).

Though, if I had to guess, it's probaby just a reboot TV series much like Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040.... 

Edited by Vifam7

A wall advertising for the Japanese crowdfunding platform Campfire and art seller Manga Art lists several "projects in the works" from the anime production company AIC: "a brand-new project in the Megazone 23 franchise, a Megazone 23 remake, a Pretty Sammy sequel, and others." The advertising in Tokyo's Akihabara district this week has the tagline, "AIC animates the projects you think of!"

@mangaart_akb's crowdfunding add announces Pretty Sammy sequel, NEW Megazone 23 installment & remake currently in planning at AIC. #anime pic.twitter.com/4VUhh5PJaS

On 2/28/2017 at 8:50 AM, Hikuro said:

I also ready something called pretty Sammy. 

I am totally down for more Pretty Sammy, as long as they don't screw it up like the last time they touched that subfranchise.

• 1 month later...

I am totally down with more Megazone 23 anime in the future.  I am especially a big fan of the first two OVAs.  I can't seem to recall whether the new character design is not Eve but rather the new MC who is in middle school and is part of an idol group with Eve.

Yes pink haired girl is named Sakura. She wants to form a singing duo with EVE whom she met online.. It's called Megazone23 XI (sai) and takes place on a different Megazone fleet the Megazone11.. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-04-18/new-megazone-23-anime-project-plans-crowdfunding-for-promo-video/.114962

Edited by terry the lone wolf

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah the million yen and 300k yen contributions sold out, probably had something to do with getting your face put in the show or getting credits as a producer or some such nonsense. They still have a few months to make the last 25% so it'll probably happen, lets hope they have some good writers. It's been quite a while since I watched the MZ23 trilogy, maybe I'll go re-watch it.......