R.I.P. Bill Paxton

Old_Nash

i just woke up to this news..I'm heartbroken. He's from my home town. RIP sir. I'll be watching Aliens or Apollo 13 tonight. :(

EDIT -- A year or so ago my audio visual company was doing a gig at a private fundraiser event which Mr. Paxton was present.   He took time after the event to take pictures with each one of my crew there.  He didn't have to, most celebrities don't give the tech crew the time of day.  A true Texan, and a just all around good guy. Sadly I had left and missed out. Now I wish I had stayed.

Edited by derex3592

Sadly, as others mentioned on Battletech's forums, its all down hill for the Baby Boomer entertainers Generation X looked up to in the 80's. I wonder if Bill's already in Cosplay up in the heavens above?

5 hours ago, Hiriyu said:

Very sad. Bill was one of those actors that, when seeing his name pop up on the intro credits, could make you look forward to see any movie. He was always just so damn enjoyable to watch.

Couldn't have said it better. Alas, another favorite actor gone...far too soon.

What?  Oh my God no.  I've lived with his many signature lines and roles throughout my life I can't believe he's gone.  I am truly saddened by this.  Godspeed Mr. Paxton...

5 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Sad, I really liked him for his famous roles, including Weird Science and Predator 2. One movie haven't watched until now is Near Dark.

"Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for man". 

"No, have you?"

7 hours ago, Black Valkyrie said:

Sad, I really liked him for his famous roles, including Weird Science and Predator 2. One movie haven't watched until now is Near Dark.

Near Dark was great when it first came out. Very original and entertaining vampire film that helped launch Kathryn Bigelow's directing career.

Your video is really touching, thank you for making it.

I loved many of his movies. The first on the list is Aliens but i thought he was great also in True lies(although with a smaller part) Near dark, U-571 and many many others. I also would like to remember him for Frailty, his first and i think best attempt as a director.