Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

My Nora was finally available in the PW. I am unsure what I actually paid though. HLJ's site says they charged me 315 something for the SV-51 and 66.50 for shipping. 

The emails I got say I paid ¥36,800 for the SV-51 and ¥7740 for shipping. I really hope it was actually in Yen because it's cheaper than the USD price they show.

Check your credit card statement?

Yeah, it wasn't showing in my CC app when I looked last night. It was there when I checked this morning and it looks like they charged me in yen, fortunately. it was something like $275 and $57. Quite a price difference from what HLJ was charging in USD on their site.

10 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

My Nora was finally available in the PW. I am unsure what I actually paid though. HLJ's site says they charged me 315 something for the SV-51 and 66.50 for shipping. 

The emails I got say I paid ¥36,800 for the SV-51 and ¥7740 for shipping. I really hope it was actually in Yen because it's cheaper than the USD price they show.

I also just paid 36800yen for the SV-51. Bit cheaper than AmiAmi (37600yen). Such a relief to see this SV-51 is not sold out in seconds like DX Chogokin.

Anyway, I didn't preorder it.

16 hours ago, Lolicon said:

WTF? Does HLJ use Paypal's conversion rate when you switch the site to USD??

Always pay in yen and use a CC that doesn't charge conversion fees, kids! :acute:

How do you pay in yen in hlj.

i keep switching to yen in payment preferences but it wont save and defaults to usd. Hmmm 

30 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

How do you pay in yen in hlj.

i keep switching to yen in payment preferences but it wont save and defaults to usd. Hmmm 

Under Payment Method -> Default Payment, does it show this?

Currency Used: JPY

It does take a little while to update when you change it from USD to JPY.

Regardless of what you have this set to, the site seems to show in USD anyway, but as I found out, they'll charge you in JPY if you have it set to that.

12 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Regardless of what you have this set to, the site seems to show in USD anyway, but as I found out, they'll charge you in JPY if you have it set to that.

ah! thanks for clarifying. i kept seeing the site showing in usd after updating payment settings  so i kept trying thinking the whole site will show in yen as in the previous hlj web design.

for the HLJ Site you can still see the price in whatever currency you want , but it likes to default to where they think you are at... this option use to be in the upper middle right on the old site.

But with the new site its now on the bottom just under all those Facebook , Instagram twitter, links

image.png.ca8c295dadf3ffc1d9e7a9c2c6b87a1a.png

2 hours ago, F360 said:

for the HLJ Site you can still see the price in whatever currency you want , but it likes to default to where they think you are at... this option use to be in the upper middle right on the old site.

But with the new site its now on the bottom just under all those Facebook , Instagram twitter, links

Oh! thank you

When I looked for SV-51 Nora yesterday and found out that Hobby Genki has the last piece of SV-51 Ivanov. So I checked out just today. Hopefully this unit has no problems such as same ankle.

This is my first time using Hobby Genki. Are they reliable?

Thanks!

9 hours ago, F360 said:

Thanks for that. That's such a random place to put it and bad design, imo. It really doesn't belong under "Follow Us". No wonder I couldn't find it.

4 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Waiting for reviews before I pull the trigger on Nora. Hope it doesn't have the ankle issues. Would prefer the black scheme of Ivanov but I don't wish to deal with the ankle issue at this point in time.

Yes, same here, really like the Ivanov version. Too bad I am late to the party. Can't get any now. Previously saw the last piece from Hobby-Genki and later was told it was a listing error. 

That breakage looks consistent with it having been taken out of the packaging and dropped by someone and it landing on its left side. Definitely not like that from the factory unless a worker dropped and broke it then picked it up and tossed all the parts inside and hoped no one noticed.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

7 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

That breakage looks consistent with it having been taken out of the packaging and dropped by someone and it landing on its left side. Definitely not like that from the factory unless a worker dropped and broke it then picked it up and tossed all the parts inside and hoped no one noticed.

Exactly, the shop seller gave me the explanation was that someone sabotaged it before mailing it to me. 

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Aw man. Found a local listing that’s brand new and below retail and was thinking of pulling the trigger. How much of a dealbreaker is it that the ankles don’t match? Doesn’t stand well?

Mine here has the issue. But it stands well and if not for this forum here I wouldn‘t have ever noticed there is something wrong at all. I think it‘s about if you’re a perfectionist or not. As for me, I don’t care and I’m totally happy with it.

A353A6C5-4FBC-470B-B399-077D7C4CAB32.jpeg.db9a65f93b160c6e03e2d21311216e12.jpeg

No downsides in Gerwalk or Battroid. In Fighter, when feet are retracted, the one with wrong ankle will be slightly offset outwards when viewed from the top.

I suspect for most who have received replacement ankles, it doesn’t bother enough to actually replace it..