Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

24 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'd be surprised if Nora wasn't pushed back and came out before the YF-19. But I won't complain if it comes out as currently scheduled.

I am ok if Arcadia decided to delay on releasing it to fix any QC issue and also to give my wallet kun some breathing room.

Edited by chriswoo

6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I'd be surprised if Nora wasn't pushed back and came out before the YF-19. But I won't complain if it comes out as currently scheduled.

Maybe it didn't have the same production issues the 19 has had?

On 6/10/2022 at 9:37 PM, ValkAddict said:

I guess the Nora SV-51 reissue is coming out soon? Translated text: "Imported this month"

The colors really look nicely done in this pic. 

Edited by MKT

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Nora, her own thread has been largely forgotten about 😄

I've started going back to Macross Zero to take reference pics for weathering Nora's SV-51. The weathering on hers is not as visible as Ivanov's in most scenes and surprisingly there don't seem to be a lot of scenes with her ride. Especially not up close, I only have a few reference shots I can really use and will likely have to extrapolate from those for the rest of it.

On 6/6/2022 at 10:21 AM, Sokeijon said:

Hey guys, hope you guys are doing well and staying safe. I am sorry, probably this is considered an old thread already but I wanted to buy SV-51 Ivanov use.

I can't make up mind to get Arcadia one or old Yamato. I searched over the Internet, some said the Arcadia joints are better but also at the same time I am confused as some of the collectors also mentioned that it is equal loose as Yamato.

What I found out are:

1. Arcadia has diecast parts.

2. Arcadia has better cavity to fill up gaps and holes.

3. Arcadia has no stand, stand purchase separately.

4. Yamato has gap everywhere on the fighter mode.

5. Yamato has loose joints and no diecast part.

6. Yamato has display stand included.

7. Price is cheaper on Yamato one

Brothers here who are having both Arcadia and Yamato, can share some lights? Especially the joints performance. And I saw a lot Acardia is having issue with the both left legs. Can anyone share the picture if it can still stand by itself without a display stand?

I actually came across a local store selling off slightly cheaper Arcadia one with both left legs issue. Is it worth to buy? If the leg issue not obvious on fighter mode, I am considering it over Yamato.

Many thanks!

Just to update I received my SV-51 but returned it. The unit is not just same ankle issue but also with broken wing and flap. Too bad, perhaps need to wait for Nora release. But I have Yamato version already. I just want an Arcadia Ivanov. 

Definitely worked out good with the current exchange rate. Now if only I could click the button to ship my items now....

Issues with the glorious new website?

I got it to work. Was doing something weird with my address

Edited by Corrinald

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Didn't get quite that low, since no coupon, but yep, glad I went with HLJ on this one. ^_^ 

Now the question becomes whether to ship, and see if anything gets here before July 4th...

How come mine was so much more expensive from HLJ?

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

How come mine was so much more expensive from HLJ?

No coupon here either.

The conversion rate is in a kind spot for the moment, although shipping put me over the $300 mark. My cost before shipping was $272. I went with FedEx and that added another $50 putting the grand total after shipping to ~$322. It’s a big bird so I’m okay with that number.

11 minutes ago, technoblue said:

No coupon here either.

The conversion rate is in a kind spot for the moment, although shipping put me over the $300 mark. My cost before shipping was $272. I went with FedEx and that added another $50 putting the grand total after shipping to ~$322. It’s a big bird so I’m okay with that number.

Then how come mine was $315 before shipping?  I chose FedEx and they charged me more for that too.  $66.  WTF?

Edited by Mommar

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Oh, the new website changed my payment currency back to US dollars...

Mine still says JPY currency on my saved Payment Card method. Did you saved yours like that before?

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Mine still says JPY currency on my saved Payment Card method. Did you saved yours like that before?

Oof. Mine is still set like Noel’s and defaults to JPY as well. I did run into the issue where I had to reset my billing and shipping address. It looks like the new site doesn’t like the old site’s address format.

I’m not sure what is going on w/ FedEx.

I do agree that a good next step may be to check in with HLJ customer service and see if there is anything they can do.

9 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Oof. Mine is still set like Noel’s and defaults to JPY as well. I did run into the issue where I had to reset my billing and shipping address. It looks like the new site doesn’t like the old site’s address format.

I’m not sure what is going on w/ FedEx.

I do agree that a good next step may be to check in with HLJ customer service and see if there is anything they can do.

Did you update yours? I'm just asking coz I don't know if I need to seeing that it still says JPY currency.

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

WTF? Does HLJ use Paypal's conversion rate when you switch the site to USD??

Always pay in yen and use a CC that doesn't charge conversion fees, kids! :acute:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Did you update yours? I'm just asking coz I don't know if I need to seeing that it still says JPY currency.

A bit. ;) The currency was okay and set to JPY. I did have to reset my state and phone number because that info didn’t migrate over from the old site.

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Nora shipped out!

Tried to combine it with some other stuff, but the shipping costs went so high that it was actually cheaper to ship things separately. So no point in waiting for more PW purchases. :unknw:

That..  is actually rather bizarre.  I guess I'll have to experiment with shipping combinations to see what makes sense.  I usually try and base boxes on the biggest item, and see what else fits in the box without upping the charge majorly, but I don't know if that will work anymore.

31 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Nora shipped out!

Tried to combine it with some other stuff, but the shipping costs went so high that it was actually cheaper to ship things separately. So no point in waiting for more PW purchases. :unknw:

In my case I did combine it, since I had a larger sized RG Gunpla and a bunch of Hachette issues.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

That..  is actually rather bizarre.  I guess I'll have to experiment with shipping combinations to see what makes sense.  I usually try and base boxes on the biggest item, and see what else fits in the box without upping the charge majorly, but I don't know if that will work anymore.

Yeah I had some large items. Volume adds way more to the cost than weight for for these kinds of items. It was cheaper to use two smaller boxes than one big honking box.

My Nora was finally available in the PW. I am unsure what I actually paid though. HLJ's site says they charged me 315 something for the SV-51 and 66.50 for shipping. 

The emails I got say I paid ¥36,800 for the SV-51 and ¥7740 for shipping. I really hope it was actually in Yen because it's cheaper than the USD price they show.