Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

I'm late to the party for Ivanov... 😕 But that doesn't mean, i can't have ivanov, ofcourse i can have ivanov, if i pay crap tone of money for it. xD HA HA

Yeah, i just ordered a Ivanov, 'cause do you see my profile pic, is there any chance that i just let go ivanov once i learned its existance. :) 

I'm just super glad, i read the forum and learned about the leg issue. I read the reviews at Amazon of SV-51 Ivanov and one of the buyers said, this was the version without leg issue. :) And that was all i need to read. Immidiatly purchased the last one.

1 hour ago, VF-Zero said:

I'm late to the party for Ivanov... 😕 But that doesn't mean, i can't have ivanov, ofcourse i can have ivanov, if i pay crap tone of money for it. xD HA HA

Yeah, i just ordered a Ivanov, 'cause do you see my profile pic, is there any chance that i just let go ivanov once i learned its existance. :) 

I'm just super glad, i read the forum and learned about the leg issue. I read the reviews at Amazon of SV-51 Ivanov and one of the buyers said, this was the version without leg issue. :) And that was all i need to read. Immidiatly purchased the last one.

Might be too late, but HLJ still has them for MSRP. Also they have checked all stock for the mis-assembled leg issue.

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-sv-51-gamma-d-d-ivanov-boarding-machine-final-battle-specification-reissue-aca82147-2

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Might be too late, but HLJ still has them for MSRP. Also they have checked all stock for the mis-assembled leg issue.

https://www.hlj.com/1-60-scale-sv-51-gamma-d-d-ivanov-boarding-machine-final-battle-specification-reissue-aca82147-2

I think it's divine justice... I bought a Friboles Hellboy statue from a friend's store for 400 $ some time ago, like a month or something ago. He told me on whatsapp yesterday, that the statue's real worth was 2000 dolar... 😮 That they wrote the price wrong... I told him, i could return the statue, if he wanted to... But i loved the statue as well, the crazier part is the statue is 1/6... for 2000 dolar, Friboles must be crazy. Can you believe that. My friend told me'' i won't charge you for our mistake. You can keep the statue.'' That was like mega cool, man. I won't forget this... I was glad i could keep a statue that i liked but sad at the same time for causing such a money loss to a good friend.  

I guess it is divine justice, now. I paid 180 dolar more for Arcadia, Ivanov on Amazon, thinking it was out of stock everywhere else. HLJ... 😕 They used to stop sending shipments to Turkey for reasons unknown to me. I thought they still didn't send to Turkey so i didn't check their site... 😕 But now, they started to ship to Turkey again. :) That is good, it's a trustable toy site. I will probably get Nora from there.

Edited by VF-Zero

3 hours ago, VF-Zero said:

So the journey to plastic addiction begins. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, VF-Zero said:

I think, it doesn't come with a display stand ? Does anyone know where i can find 1/60 display stand for Arcadia 1/60s ?

It's a shame actually that Arcadia is not producing a lot of their Simple Display Stand and Variable Stand. Hope they do more and hope that they could add the old Yamato Mighty Block Display Stand for the VF-1's. And add some tolerance to it so it can hold bigger Valks. Since the other stands they have are too big.

We would suggest @ChaoticYetiYetiStands. However, there's no new updates on when his going to do another run. From what I remember he got busy with his new work.

As for stand discussion, below is the latest thread we have for it.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to get those Yamato/Arcadia stands via eBay, Yahoo Auction Japan or Mandarake. But for a higher price.

On 2/16/2022 at 2:52 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

That base looks way to small/light to hold a figure securely.

Don't believe that base is actually part of the model, which is a little surprising, but it wouldn't be hard to make a bigger one, or maybe mount that arm to a weighted wooden base.

The arm itself doesn't look bad, though I wouldn't trust the more spindly-looking connection pieces.  Printed parts are really versatile, but the printing process can make them very structurally weak in certain directions.  Found that out the hard way with my Excalibur stand pedestal, which really just needs to be cut from acrylic sheet to be strong enough.

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Don't believe that base is actually part of the model, which is a little surprising, but it wouldn't be hard to make a bigger one, or maybe mount that arm to a weighted wooden base.

The arm itself doesn't look bad, though I wouldn't trust the more spindly-looking connection pieces.  Printed parts are really versatile, but the printing process can make them very structurally weak in certain directions.  Found that out the hard way with my Excalibur stand pedestal, which really just needs to be cut from acrylic sheet to be strong enough.

I meant it looks like the base of it is not wide/heavy enough to keep the thing being displayed from toppling. Need to have a low center of gravity and a wide base to avoid tipping.

23 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I meant it looks like the base of it is not wide/heavy enough to keep the thing being displayed from toppling. Need to have a low center of gravity and a wide base to avoid tipping.

Think we're talking about the same thing in different ways. :lol:   I was referring to the round base that he used in those photos, which isn't part of the model hosted on the site.  You'd have to mount the arm to your own base to use it as a stand.  I agree, that little base he used isn't going to hold anything bigger than an HMR valk.

The thickness of the arm itself might be pretty thin to support larger models too, really, but I don't know how sturdy his printed versions are.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, hope you guys are doing well and staying safe. I am sorry, probably this is considered an old thread already but I wanted to buy SV-51 Ivanov use.

I can't make up mind to get Arcadia one or old Yamato. I searched over the Internet, some said the Arcadia joints are better but also at the same time I am confused as some of the collectors also mentioned that it is equal loose as Yamato.

What I found out are:

1. Arcadia has diecast parts.

2. Arcadia has better cavity to fill up gaps and holes.

3. Arcadia has no stand, stand purchase separately.

4. Yamato has gap everywhere on the fighter mode.

5. Yamato has loose joints and no diecast part.

6. Yamato has display stand included.

7. Price is cheaper on Yamato one

Brothers here who are having both Arcadia and Yamato, can share some lights? Especially the joints performance. And I saw a lot Acardia is having issue with the both left legs. Can anyone share the picture if it can still stand by itself without a display stand?

I actually came across a local store selling off slightly cheaper Arcadia one with both left legs issue. Is it worth to buy? If the leg issue not obvious on fighter mode, I am considering it over Yamato.

Many thanks!

On 6/6/2022 at 10:21 AM, Sokeijon said:

Brothers here who are having both Arcadia and Yamato, can share some lights? Especially the joints performance. And I saw a lot Acardia is having issue with the both left legs. Can anyone share the picture if it can still stand by itself without a display stand?

I actually came across a local store selling off slightly cheaper Arcadia one with both left legs issue. Is it worth to buy? If the leg issue not obvious on fighter mode, I am considering it over Yamato.

Many thanks!

It can stand without a display stand even with the left legs issue.

It's not that noticeable in fighter mode.

If you're not OC and won't be bothered with the knowledge that you own a copy with a manufacturing issue, or don't plan on reselling it, then you should go for the cheaper Arcadia you found IMO.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the joints were tighter on the Arcadia vs the Yamato, especially on the wings. 

Edited by ArchieNov

On 6/5/2022 at 10:21 PM, Sokeijon said:

Hey guys, hope you guys are doing well and staying safe. I am sorry, probably this is considered an old thread already but I wanted to buy SV-51 Ivanov use.

I can't make up mind to get Arcadia one or old Yamato. I searched over the Internet, some said the Arcadia joints are better but also at the same time I am confused as some of the collectors also mentioned that it is equal loose as Yamato.

What I found out are:

1. Arcadia has diecast parts.

2. Arcadia has better cavity to fill up gaps and holes.

3. Arcadia has no stand, stand purchase separately.

4. Yamato has gap everywhere on the fighter mode.

5. Yamato has loose joints and no diecast part.

6. Yamato has display stand included.

7. Price is cheaper on Yamato one

Many thanks!

I have both and I would unreservedly say that the Arcadia one is much better. 

1. They both do have diecast parts, but the Arcadia one has more, but not noticeably so. They're both mostly plastic.

2. This part is mostly true. Particularly the gap in fighter mode where the head is is smaller and there are now built in covers to further cover the hole below the head.

3. True, but the old stand takes up a lot of space and is chunky and you're better off with an alternative stand, in my opinion.

4. Other than the head area, the gaps between the seams in fighter mode are relatively similar, perhaps just a little less on the Arcadia.

5. True. The Arcadia version feels tighter and even the wings stay up and straight without additional support.

6. See 3.

Other positives of the Arcadia version:

It's black which is the correct color vs the dark gray of the Yamato version.

Comes with a pair of the smaller micro-missile pods which I believe is the "more correct" loadout instead of 2 pairs of the large ones that the Yamato came with.

The panel lines are much finer and better on the Arcadia version. 

The shoulders are much more adjustable and can be angled properly on the Arcadia version. (see pic for comparison. Left Yamato. Right Arcadia. Ignore the weathering I did to the Arcadia version)

50320959267_349d3b5d9a_k.jpg

As others have said, having the two left feet won't cause any issues with standing or balance. It is solely a cosmetic issue.

49 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

1. They both do have diecast parts, but the Arcadia one has more, but not noticeably so. They're both mostly plastic.

2. This part is mostly true. Particularly the gap in fighter mode where the head is is smaller and there are now built in covers to further cover the hole below the head.

3. True, but the old stand takes up a lot of space and is chunky and you're better off with an alternative stand, in my opinion.

4. Other than the head area, the gaps between the seams in fighter mode are relatively similar, perhaps just a little less on the Arcadia.

5. True. The Arcadia version feels tighter and even the wings stay up and straight without additional support.

6. See 3.

Comes with a pair of the smaller micro-missile pods which I believe is the "more correct" loadout instead of 2 pairs of the large ones that the Yamato came with.

The shoulders are much more adjustable and can be angled properly on the Arcadia version. (see pic for comparison. Left Yamato. Right Arcadia. Ignore the weathering I did to the Arcadia version)

As others have said, having the two left feet won't cause any issues with standing or balance. It is solely a cosmetic issue.

It's so hard to 'ignore' the weathering effect, @MacrossJunkie. Your Ivanov looks awesome. :wub: :good: 

On 6/7/2022 at 7:12 PM, ArchieNov said:

It can stand without a display stand even with the left legs issue.

It's not that noticeable in fighter mode.

If you're not OC and won't be bothered with the knowledge that you own a copy with a manufacturing issue, or don't plan on reselling it, then you should go for the cheaper Arcadia you found IMO.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the joints were tighter on the Arcadia vs the Yamato, especially on the wings. 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Appreciate it.

5 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

6. See 3.

Thanks for sharing the photo. Looks good on Arcadia! Love your photo.

Looking forward to this one so I can complete my Arcadia M0 collection. The Yamato one was okay, but the Arcadia versions fix most of my complaints about the Yamato ones. 

Already have a new decal sheet in hand for this coming release. Hope this one doesn't come with two right feet or something. 

3 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Hope this one doesn't come with two right feet or something. 

Plot twist! It comes with no feet!:rofl:

I wanted to pull the trigger on a couple Nora's. But I just can't justify replacing my Yamato's.:(