Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

The SV-51 are a total detolf shelf pigs in valk mode and roughly the same size as the VF-0 valks. 

Hmm... That just gave me an idea. I'll try and shove the two SV valks together in one shelf sometime soon and I believe someone has attempt it? 

3 hours ago, borgified said:

The SV-51 are a total detolf shelf pigs in valk mode and roughly the same size as the VF-0 valks. 

Hmm... That just gave me an idea. I'll try and shove the two SV valks together in one shelf sometime soon and I believe someone has attempt it? 

With some next level YetiStand trickery I think you can get two SV-51's in Fighter mode in one Detolf cube.

If a person were to order one of these from HLJ now, would they get the replacement parts automatically with the order since it’s a well known problem at this point? Or do you have to inspect your toy before you can order the fixings?

39 minutes ago, rematron said:

If a person were to order one of these from HLJ now, would they get the replacement parts automatically with the order since it’s a well known problem at this point? Or do you have to inspect your toy before you can order the fixings?

HLJ's latest batch from a couple months ago did not have the QA issues the original release had (several members including myself confirmed with them).

On 2/18/2020 at 9:35 PM, borgified said:

Well, you know..;)6E410CF1-B023-4DD7-A909-0FF6829CFE63.thumb.jpeg.94a3ef9c1e9a66c2cb8b690fe5ab9897.jpeg

Thanks to @sketchley for facilitating :)

Edited by Bolt

So that means the DX Draken is roughly the same size as the DX YF-19 valk wise and can be stuffed with the Yamacadia 51. 

I'm going to use the Arcadia Valk stand for the Yammie Nora, as the V.1 stand might not hold up the large bird without toppling it over. 

2 hours ago, RIBFIR said:

HLJ's latest batch from a couple months ago did not have the QA issues the original release had (several members including myself confirmed with them).

Great news. Thank you. :)

3 hours ago, jenius said:

It took way too long (thanks to that leg SNAFU) but I've finally posted my review of the Arcadia SV-51. Separate transformation and leg installation guides have now also been posted. Check it out! 

The article with links to all the videos and most the same content in text form is here:
http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=14588

Just in time for my unboxing. Thank you sir!

3 hours ago, jenius said:

It took way too long (thanks to that leg SNAFU) but I've finally posted my review of the Arcadia SV-51. Separate transformation and leg installation guides have now also been posted. Check it out! 

The article with links to all the videos and most the same content in text form is here:
http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=14588

Though i don't have the Arcadia

version, i love your reviews and will check this out. 

Gotta agree with @jenius's review. Overall, this SV-51 doesn't feel like a big improvement on Yamato. Yes Yamato's was quite a floppy mess, but Arcadia's iteration also doesn't give that much more confidence for long term durability of its joints..

I was thinking, perhaps its due to its spindly design that it's hard to make joints to be tougher / beefier without sacrificing line art. But then, I look at the SV-262 and it also has quite a number of intricate wing joints yet they don't ever feel they are going to get loose anytime soon from first handling.

Can't help feeling some disappointment, and I wonder if it's T-Rex not bringing their A-game to this effort..

I like the DD Arcadia SV-51. I got a couple because I did not have Yamato copies. When/if Arcadia releases a Nora there is no way I will be replacing the Yamato ones I have with Arcadia units. The difference is so small between the two it's not worth it in any way.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

It's really a shame that the release is marred by that foot issue. Other than that it's a gigantic and (for the one I got) solid beast.

I was fortunate that I actually had no intention of getting the SV-51 or really any of the Zero line that Arcadia is doing, but when I saw Nora on display (and the fact that @Slave IV raves about the 0S) I had to at least look at them.  My delayed desire to purchase meant that by the time I was interested, both HLJ and Hobby Search had the 51 at MSRP with corrected feet, so I jumped in.  (And found 0S for only like $30 more than MSRP...which is nothing considering the cost.)

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Gotta agree with @jenius's review. Overall, this SV-51 doesn't feel like a big improvement on Yamato.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

I like the DD Arcadia SV-51. I got a couple because I did not have Yamato copies. When/if Arcadia releases a Nora there is no way I will be replacing the Yamato ones I have with Arcadia units. The difference is so small between the two it's not worth it in any way.

Like @sqidd, I did not previously own the Yammie, so it worked out for me.  And now that I know Nora is coming, I won't try to go back in time to find the Yammies.  But, if I had owned them, I probably would just wait for a PF from Arcadia (or actually just be content with the original 1/60 releases).

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

6 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I was fortunate that I actually had no intention of getting the SV-51 or really any of the Zero line that Arcadia is doing, but when I saw Nora on display (and the fact that @Slave IV raves about the 0S) I had to at least look at them.  My delayed desire to purchase meant that by the time I was interested, both HLJ and Hobby Search had the 51 at MSRP with corrected feet, so I jumped in.  (And found 0S for only like $30 more than MSRP...which is nothing considering the cost.)

Like @sqidd, I did not previously own the Yammie, so it worked out for me.  And now that I know Nora is coming, I won't try to go back in time to find the Yammies.  But, if I had owned them, I probably would just wait for a PF from Arcadia (or actually just be content with the original 1/60 releases).

Haha, I hope I didn’t steer you wrong with the 0S. :D

Man, I do love that toy and you got a good deal it seems. 

On 2/23/2020 at 11:32 PM, DYRL VF-1S said:

This thing is gorgeous. (Yes, feet are correct. The one time waiting paid off.)

6ABA8067-A060-4B3A-89C6-C3B39C195C0C.jpeg

QC'd things come to those who wait?

42 minutes ago, slide said:

QC'd things come to those who wait?

Haha!  It seems that way in this case.  I'm not one who would normally gamble a wait like this because the aftermarket prices are ridiculous on Macross, but wasn't committed to getting the Arcadia releases of Zero for various reasons.  Worked out this time!

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a replacement leg

I believe i need the RIGHT leg (battroid mode)

Here is what mine looks like

49925550897_737723c14c_c.jpg

Conversely, if anyone needs a left leg, i have an actual arcadia replacement one with thigh pieces available that i incorrectly requested and received from a different member, so i am happy to trade or ship that to someone that needs it

Edited by OptionZero

13 hours ago, OptionZero said:

Does anyone have a replacement leg

I believe i need the RIGHT leg (battroid mode)

Here is what mine looks like

49925550897_737723c14c_c.jpg

Conversely, if anyone needs a left leg, i have an actual arcadia replacement one with thigh pieces available that i incorrectly requested and received from a different member, so i am happy to trade or ship that to someone that needs it

This one is mine. Not even sure which one is wrong (left or right). My seller will not reply anymore :(

If you need that piece, let me know. Happy to trade

IMG_20190926_121005.jpg

This subject gets very confusing and I often get confused just talking about the leg instead of the ankle or vice versa.

In order to help everyone here especially myself, here is a picture of fighter mode legs. 

In the picture with the angles extended you can see the correct orientation of the ankles as they relate to the leg.

In the picture with ankles retracted you can see in the yellow circle how the foot points outwards and is not in alignment with the leg. 

Hope this helps someone.

If anyone needs the extra legs flanking the SV-51 by all means hit me up. I bought these from apptt4, a really cool member from Australia who helped me out when in was need. So now I don’t need them as my Arcadia is finally in great working order.

Thanks again apptt4. 

B2250A02-57AC-4B23-864E-673D7643C679.jpeg

F43A8C34-BC57-469A-944C-BA329DAD96A7.jpeg

Edited by nightmareB4macross
Added pics.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail?scode=FIGURE-048606-S001

Macross Zero 1/60 Kanzen Henkei SV-51 Gamma Piloted by D.D. Ivanov Final Battle Version(Pre-order)(Single Shipment)

32,380 JPY

Pre-order (Release Date: early Jun-2020)

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods