Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

I found it was pretty easy to transform personally.

As far as changing it out, you can actually change it out where it connects to the leg slider as well, with a precision screwdriver and being careful. I've already pulled the foot off mine at that location to wait for replacement parts.

2 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Im at that stage as well :lol: 

Yeah, for as much of a deal was made out of it, it is pretty much a non-issue. Other than our own anal attention to it. :D

8 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I found it was pretty easy to transform personally.

As far as changing it out, you can actually change it out where it connects to the leg slider as well, with a precision screwdriver and being careful. I've already pulled the foot off mine at that location to wait for replacement parts.

I’m sure I could pull off the transformation but just like to have a video run through as backup. As for opening the instructions, that whole anal thing...lol! Maybe if someone can just list the difference from the Yamato transformation?

I saw the posts about about just replacing the foot but I thought that involves breaking glue and regluing. If that’s the case, I don’t know if I want to do that because of this whole reoccurring anal theme. :lol:

Nope, no breaking glue required, just push the foot to one side and unscrew the two screws holding the plastic clamshell onto the end of the leg slider with a precision screwdriver.

The only possibility of damage is stripping the screws, at which point you'd have to replace the whole leg using the replacement parts.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Nope, no breaking glue required, just push the foot to one side and unscrew the two screws holding the plastic clamshell onto the end of the leg slider with a precision screwdriver.

The only possibility of damage is stripping the screws, at which point you'd have to replace the whole leg using the replacement parts.

Ah, sweet! Thanks for the explanation! I’m definitely going that route then. 

On 11/11/2019 at 7:59 AM, moose said:

So you had it in your private warehouse waiting for a replacement and instead of exchanging  your old messed up legs for a new one fixed they shipped you the old one.

I only ask because I am in the same situation I asked for a replacement since mine was still my private warehouse and I would much rather get a replacement then deal with swapping parts.

Yeah, mine was in PW for a long time because of the issue. HLJ even extended the PW ship date for me. I only shipped after they claimed that it was OK and that I was either getting a fixed copy OR getting the legs to install myself. I got neither. 

Anyway I sent them a pic and they are shipping me the replacement legs to install myself so I'm less miffed about it.

1 minute ago, xrentonx said:

Yeah, mine was in PW for a long time because of the issue. HLJ even extended the PW ship date for me. I only shipped after they claimed that it was OK and that I was either getting a fixed copy OR getting the legs to install myself. I got neither. 

Anyway I sent them a pic and they are shipping me the replacement legs to install myself so I'm less miffed about it.

Logistically is a complete cluster for these retailers. They don't have internal tracking systems that were designed to deal with this sort of thing. It's also a zero profit nightmare not of their making too. They're getting hosed just as hard as the customer base.

I was pretty shocked how easy it was to get replacements from the two different sources I purchased from. Heck, one of them shipped for free!

21 hours ago, xrentonx said:

Glad to hear they're taking care of it!  I've got to open mine later today and see what the situation is.

Welp.. dunno what I'll do with this one.. maybe use the Arcadia in fighter, and the old Yammie for battroid.  Arms are completely void of tension, and spin like pinwheels at the shoulder. <_< 

At least it looks pretty, I've always loved the design.. but the logic involved in how they managed to decide that metal-pinned shoulders were a viable design choice eludes me.

No spare legs included, but they seem to be the correct ankles at least.. maybe I can call HLJ and request a set of spare arms instead. :rolleyes: 

Edit: Minor update.. it'd been so long since I'd gotten an Arcadia product, I forgot about the tradition of out-of-the-box maintenance.. given the option I do like having access to the screws that Bandai likes gluing covers over. :p 

So the shoulder problem was partly an assembly issue (gee why does this sound familiar..), and whoever put it together shoved the shoulder onto the pin 90 degrees off from where it should have been, meaning they didn't engage the pins that were supposed to give the arms at least some tension. 

Fixed that.. so the arms have basically gone from "overcooked spaghetti" to "undercooked spaghetti."  They still have barely enough tension to hold their own weight, which basically means any gunpod poses are gonna have to be from the hip.

Also, joy of joys.. the paint on the metal wing joints is already flaking off out of the box.  Not from the wing itself.. but because the tolerances between the back edge of the wing and the tails was too tight, and the tail managed to rub a nice silver spot on the trailing edge during shipping.

Ugh.

On a more positive note though, I cannot express how much I've missed hooked-hinge gear doors and canopies the past few years.  I really hate how both Bandai and Arcadia seemed to jump on board the sliding hinge craze we see on practically everything now, when the hooked offset hinges just look so much better when opened, because they're actually hidden.

Edited by Chronocidal

Sucks to hear about other issues with this Valk. But I take it all with a grain of salt considering mine feels pretty good although I haven’t transformed it yet. I have just about every Arcadia release and have not had any issues, out of box or otherwise repairs needed. One of the most solid and high quality set of toys I have. 

I guess the ironic thing is, the wing hinges are pretty much the most solid part of this version. :lol:  The legs work fine, ankles seemed okay, though a bit stiff to pull out.

I just find it sad that it seems every single new release winds up being a trade-off of features and caveats.  They make the wings better here, the arms go limp, and suddenly all the little metal pieces to make it more sturdy wind up chipping paint.  Same as the Bandai YF-21.. the legs are finally right, but everything else looks off. :huh: 

It's great for fighter mode, so that's probably where it'll stay.. it's just disappointing seeing these sorts of design flaws creep in, when they worked fine on the first version.  The design of the shoulder pins is just lousy.  It's just a press-fitted pin that seems to rely on a rubbery washer for tension.. which clearly isn't doing the trick for me.  The entire joint depends on how hard that pin is shoved into the shoulder mount, and it'll just loosen up over time as the pin works out of the socket.

Edited by Chronocidal

On 11/13/2019 at 11:42 AM, anubis20 said:

I believe it was these:

SV-51 Ankle 2.jpg

So one more time since I'm a dummy. The ankle parts that slide are supposed to be facing the same way like this pic (asymmetrical) right?

It's the front toe that should be symmetric? I got the replacement parts from HLJ and my ankles are asymmetric but my front toes are symmetric. This is correct?

That image appears to be of a correct configuration. The bulges where it connects to the leg sliders are supposed to be either both inward or both outward, depending on if you've rotated the legs from fighter to battroid or not.

As in they ought to protrude either both inwards from the leg slider, or both outwards from the leg slider.

For additional evidence, note the metal part below, and how the shaft on it is offset to one side. They should be offset in different directions for both sides.

See circled areas on my edit. Upper circled areas are both biased inwards. Lower circled areas are both biased inwards as well.

242526766_EditedLegs.jpg.9b2dff430388d85ad8a34a5a195b0815.jpg

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Good news!

Got notification that the repair parts showed up at my Tenso address from Arcadia.

I'm waiting to ship them until the DX VF-1S I ordered through Amazon Japan shows up there as well, but after that my SV-51 is finally going out on the shelf.

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Good news!

Got notification that the repair parts showed up at my Tenso address from Arcadia.

I'm waiting to ship them until the DX VF-1S I ordered through Amazon Japan shows up there as well, but after that my SV-51 is finally going out on the shelf.

ayy thats great. glad there is an option for those of us with unhelpful retailers

30 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

ayy thats great. glad there is an option for those of us with unhelpful retailers

Couple things to note:

• I have an account on their webstore, registered to my Tenso forwarding address
  • I corresponded with them in Japanese (with help from google translate, my Japanese is rusty).

Hi everyone, I got my replacement legs from HLJ, and already swapped in the correct right foot I needed. I now have an extra LEFT foot for anyone who might need one. Not the entire leg, just the foot as pictured. This can be swapped with a little patience (it's how I did mine)

Anyone who needs it, free of charge, just pay shipping.  If you do want it, I just ask that you confirm you need the LEFT foot in Battroid mode. 

20191122_141559.jpg.e717fb731a88f5863c852c5f4338ef16.jpg

Edited by Jarrod

I get really confused still about the whole left/right... All I know is that I have two of something.

If you don't mind checking the pictures, do I need your extra foot?

Thanks! :-)

P.S: Those are from full battroid mode (twisted already)

IMG_20190926_120939.jpg

Edited by Arkham

52 minutes ago, Arkham said:

I get really confused still about the whole left/right... All I know is that I have two of something.

If you don't mind checking the pictures, do I need your extra foot?

*snip*

Looks like the foot is same the ones you got so no.

Hello,

Does anyone know if waterslide decals for the SV-51 can be found somewhere. I am trying to add details to the toy but I don't want to use the sticker sheet provided.

The other possibily would be to print waterslide decals using a scan of the sticker sheet, so if somebody here can do it or knows someone who can, I'm all ears, thanks!

8 hours ago, Arkham said:

Hey folks, quick question.

Did anyone who ordered the SV-51 from Anime Export got any leg, foot or response from them? Any alternatives getting the replacement, like contacting Arcadia directly?

Thanks

They never responded to me beyond the initial response.

Edited by Mommar