Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I've actually contacted Arcadia directly, and asked them to ship a set to my Tenso forwarding address (I have an Arcadia website account).

However, my Japanese is a bit rusty, so I'm only mostly sure they're going to ship me a set. Also it's obviously not shown up yet, so playing the waiting game.

Since people are receiving entire replacement legs and chucking out the old legs, maybe someone here can give you the correct L or R leg you need that they're throwing out.

You can have mine if it's the one you need.

Got the parts today, gave it a quick look and there is a pin included. Not sure where its going to go :unsure: Glad this is finally sorted out and I can get the excitement that I was supposed to experience back in September with this figure. I havent taken my SV-51 out of the box since I noticed the defect :lol:

bYDg7gw.jpg

gmS5ouF.jpg

XSjQPtX.jpg

j9uvsWd.jpg

I shipped mine from HLJ warehouse after they sent an email saying that they got the corrected parts. I opened mine this weekend and I still got just the Valk with no corrected leg parts or even the replacement parts separately. I am beyond annoyed right now.

17 minutes ago, xrentonx said:

I shipped mine from HLJ warehouse after they sent an email saying that they got the corrected parts. I opened mine this weekend and I still got just the Valk with no corrected leg parts or even the replacement parts separately. I am beyond annoyed right now.

Are the legs messed up?

15 hours ago, xrentonx said:

So you had it in your private warehouse waiting for a replacement and instead of exchanging  your old messed up legs for a new one fixed they shipped you the old one.

I only ask because I am in the same situation I asked for a replacement since mine was still my private warehouse and I would much rather get a replacement then deal with swapping parts.

Heh.. I just had them ship my Ivanov along with a PF Roy as well.  I guess we'll see what happens when it arrives.  If I don't get the parts, and my ankles are backwards, I'm going to be asking them to ship the parts out for free immediately, to back up their previous emails.

If I happen to get the right ankles, and don't receive the parts, I'm not going to be demanding they ship one out, but I'm absolutely going to call them out on the email saying they would be included.  That's just messed up.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

If I happen to get the right ankles, and don't receive the parts, I'm not going to be demanding they ship one out, but I'm absolutely going to call them out on the email saying they would be included.  That's just messed up.

I don't understand what you're calling them out on.

8 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I don't understand what you're calling them out on.

For lying?  They told me directly in an email that they would be included.  If I don't wind up needing them myself, that'll be me getting a lucky break.  That doesn't mean they get to shirk their obligation to do what they told me they would do.

If they had told me they were checking the legs personally, that's different, but they didn't say that.  They still could include a note in the package that they checked it, and I'll be happy to call it good, since they did the necessary work.

I won't find out for a couple days, since the package just hit LAX customs, but I'll be able to confirm then whether they followed through.

Edited by Chronocidal

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

For lying?  They told me directly in an email that they would be included.  If I don't wind up needing them myself, that'll be me getting a lucky break.  That doesn't mean they get to shirk their obligation to do what they told me they would do.

If they had told me they were checking the legs personally, that's different, but they didn't say that.  They still could include a note in the package that they checked it, and I'll be happy to call it good, since they did the necessary work.

Someone just made a mistake. Let it go. My $.02.

Edited by sqidd

See, no, this doesn't need to be "let go."  If your customer support department is making promises, and you aren't fulfilling them, that's a nasty black mark on your reputation.

I do apologize because I didn't mean to sound like I was going to be raking them over the coals or anything.  Whether I need the spare parts or not, if I don't receive them, I'm going to be contacting them to let them know they weren't included, because I can quote the email promising me they would be sent.  I don't mean to be harsh or unfair.  HLJ has built up a very good reputation for customer service here (almost literally the only retailer who will even give US customers the time of day if their product has an issue), and I don't want them to let that get tarnished.

If there's a disconnect between their email support and their shipping, they deserve to be made aware, and given a chance to redress it.  Someone already reported that they received a faulty product, and didn't receive the spare parts they were promised.  Whether that turns out to be a fluke or a common problem remains to be seen.

Edited by Chronocidal

Just got my replacement parts in the mail from HLJ.  Damn I guess I did get perfect ones the first time.  the new ones come with the same sided joint on the back. I'm not talking about the ones mentioned in the replacement instructions.  If you pull out the legs and look at the opposite side of problem mismatch joints , both the legs have the bump on the same side of the leg.    I have to add though the new parts have worse quality than the original legs. 

Edited by NeoVanguard

2 hours ago, NeoVanguard said:

Just got my replacement parts in the mail from HLJ.  Damn I guess I did get perfect ones the first time.  the new ones come with the same sided joint on the back. I'm not talking about the ones mentioned in the replacement instructions.  If you pull out the legs and look at the opposite side of problem mismatch joints , both the legs have the bump on the same side of the leg.    I have to add though the new parts have worse quality than the original legs. 

Wait... you got replacement legs with the same problem as the originals?  :blink: 

12 hours ago, NeoVanguard said:

I haven't installed the replacement but what do you mean by them having worse quality than the original legs?

10 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Wait... you got replacement legs with the same problem as the originals?  :blink: 

No he is talking about something we theorized as being also a defect but it turns out it wasnt. 

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

I haven't installed the replacement but what do you mean by them having worse quality than the original legs?

No he is talking about something we theorized as being also a defect but it turns out it wasnt. 

Ok, so those parts above the ankle that pull out are confirmed to supposed to be the same on both sides (that was the issue right)? Would like to know what actually confirmed this other than Arcadia not addressing it. 

48 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ok, so those parts above the ankle that pull out are confirmed to supposed to be the same on both sides (that was the issue right)? Would like to know what actually confirmed this other than Arcadia not addressing it. 

Can you take a picture? That'd make it much easier to tell what you're talking about.

3 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I believe it was these:

SV-51 Ankle 2.jpg

26 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I believe it was these:

SV-51 Ankle 2.jpg

Nope, it's a part further down, and the pictured legs are correct. At least with regards to the common ankle issue.

I'll check mine at home to see if your sliders match mine.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I believe it was these:

SV-51 Ankle 2.jpg

Yes that is exactly what i was talking about.  they are both the same in the replacement parts.     As for the quality issues there was more flash (not sure if that is only a gunpla term)  in the replacement leg plastic than the original legs.

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That looks correct to me, they're offset so the single toe is still centered in the leg, even though the slider is offset to one side.

Thanks!

Has anyone actually done the fix yet? Seems like I need to replace a pin. Lol, I'm lazy and never messed with pins before.

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks!

Has anyone actually done the fix yet? Seems like I need to replace a pin. Lol, I'm lazy and never messed with pins before.

I still haven't even gotten fix parts.

CDJapan apparently can't get them, as they buy through a distributor rather than from Arcadia.

Contacted Arcadia, and I thought they were going to ship me some, but nothing as of yet.

Going to email them again, and ask if I need to fill out a form or anything.

Sucks to hear some places aren't able to get the parts but honestly, it makes such little difference I may hold of on changing mine out. There are no transformation guides out yet either huh? Oh well, boxing it all back up and dealing with it al later, lol! The figure looks really sweet and at least I swooshed it around a bit.

Yeah, I like the way mine looks, and honestly I have no compunctions on getting a Nora as mine is all golden aside from the leg issue, and a spot where the glue failed that I can fix myself easily.

I just wish I could get the fix parts and finally put it out, rather than sitting on a bench with the foot off in battroid.

14 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Sucks to hear some places aren't able to get the parts but honestly, it makes such little difference I may hold of on changing mine out. There are no transformation guides out yet either huh? Oh well, boxing it all back up and dealing with it al later, lol! The figure looks really sweet and at least I swooshed it around a bit.

Im at that stage as well :lol: