Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Just a thought...I love weathering, but why would single-use ordinance (i.e., missiles) be weathered. I would think they would appear new, and then cease to exist after they are fired. :huh:

Those four big, dark "missiles" are actually fuel tanks + micro missile launchers.  See the entry on Armament here (http://www.macross2.net/m3/macrosszero/sv-51.htm)

So technically, these ones could be on the aircraft for extended periods, and get the sort of weathering you see.  The light grey missiles are not as weathered and those definitely are more the sort of weapon you're talking about.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Man, Anime Export is making Nippon Yasan look like it has excellent customer service.

Seriously, I don't even know what to do with AE right now.. They respond just enough to not progress toward a resolution. 

I wonder if it's a matter of relationships. NY seems to have a different program as far as PO's go. They leave the open (not at PO pricing though) for a lot longer than the other places from what I have seen. This suggests they have a pipeline for more units. What that pipeline is I don't know. Then you take this replacement leg thing into account. I got my replacement legs from NY super quick. But, the place I purchased another through on AmazonJP says that they don't have the "fix kits" yet. It sounds like AE doesn't have them either? Is this another suggestion that NY has a different relationship with Arcadia than the other vendors?

I don't think NY's customer service is that great. I have another issue with them that I'm trying to resolve and they're pretty much ghosting me.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Man, Anime Export is making Nippon Yasan look like it has excellent customer service.

Seriously, I don't even know what to do with AE right now.. They respond just enough to not progress toward a resolution. 

AE have not replied to either of my messages requesting inspection and/or replacement of SV-51

49 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

AE have not replied to either of my messages requesting inspection and/or replacement of SV-51

Yeah, I'm not hounding them, every few weeks i have the same conversation with them. "There's probably a problem with my toy, will you check it out for me? If there isn't, I'll ship it. If there is, then can you either request replacement parts from the manufacturer who has acknowledged the issue or return the item for full credit." I only started adding the "return the item for full credit bit" as it's the only thing that seems to provoke a response from them. They always say "Sure, let us look" and then I'm sure they delete the email chain and move on with their lives :)

13 hours ago, Silverstreak said:

Mine arrived today with a beat up box and one incorrect foot. So I’m. It super happy. Have opened a ticket with NY for both. Will wait and see what they say. 

Here was the reply:

Thank you for your message

We are sorry to know you received the product box damaged. We understand the box of the product is important for a collector. We regret to inform you the packaging is only designed for the purpose of protecting the product, claims regarding damaged packages will are not accepted. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

We will ask the maker to send the correct parts of "Macross Zero 1/60 Kanzen Henkei SV-51γ D.D. Ivanov Final Battle Ver." We will come back to you after we will have the correct parts. Then, we will send the invoice. We are very sorry again for the inconvenience.

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

That seems like a crappy policy. The box is part of the product for a lot of people.

If that's going to be their policy they should offer the option of "armored" shipping at checkout for a few bucks more. Or raise their shipping costs across the board and "armor" everything.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

That seems like a crappy policy. The box is part of the product for a lot of people.

If that's going to be their policy they should offer the option of "armored" shipping at checkout for a few bucks more. Or raise their shipping costs across the board and "armor" everything.

I believe hlj and amiami has similar policy on the box.

22 minutes ago, Berkut said:

Just curious, but has anyone done a thorough picture review of their Arcadia SV-51 yet?

See page 31 (midway) and onwards. A video review has been done and posted on the boards (I think) with issues about the ankle/foot assemblies as you read further on.

40k yen is a chunk of change to fork out if you want this version, so do plan accordingly.

Thanks man

15 minutes ago, borgified said:

See page 31 (midway) and onwards. A video review has been done and posted on the boards (I think) with issues about the ankle/foot assemblies as you read further on.

40k yen is a chunk of change to fork out if you want this version, so do plan accordingly.

Thanks man, ironically I have one sitting next to me (in the box still) at work in my office (with both correct feet). I just wanted to see an in-depth review before I start transforming mines and see areas to watch out for during transformation and comparison reviews with the Yamato SV51 like Anymoon does in his reviews. I guess I'll be patient until other people get theirs fixed with the replacements. 

Edited by Berkut

I have a DX VF-1S Hikaru and Arcadia Proto-Garland on order from Anime-Export. If the Proto Garland actually releases this month and Arnime Export continues to ghost me then I'll probably ship my SV-51 with those toys and rely on friends in Japan to interact directly with Arcadia on my behalf if I need to... 

Just got an email from Arcadia:

Spoiler

「1/60 完全変形SV-51γ D.D.イワノフ搭乗機 最終決戦仕様」をお買い求め頂きましたお客様へ

平素は弊社取扱商品をお引き立て頂きまして誠にありがとうございます。
アルカディアカスタマーセンターです。

弊社商品『1/60 完全変形SV-51γ D.D.イワノフ搭乗機 最終決戦仕様』の商品不良対応策に関しまして、
お待たせしており誠に申し訳御座いません。

現在対応中の「脚部パーツ」の不良にて、対応の方お待ち頂いておりますお客様へのご案内となります。
※本メールはシステムの都合上、お問い合わせ頂いたお客様への一斉配信となっております。
既にご回答頂いているお客様、また修理/交換対応が完了しているお客様には、
重複しての不要なご案内となっております事、深くお詫び申し上げます。

本件に関しまして、商品本体の交換/修理対応では無く、足首パーツのみの配送をご希望されます
お客様に関しまして、既に部材の準備が完了している事もあり、先行して発送手配を開始させて頂きたく思います。
※勿論、本体をご郵送頂いての「修理/交換対応」をご希望されますお客様に関しましても、
並行して順次ご連絡をさせて頂いておりますのでご安心下さいませ。

つきましては下記対応策

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ご自身での部品の差し替えをご希望のお客様には脚部ユニット(左右両足セット)をお送りさせて頂きます。
インテーク内側のネジカバーを取り外し、ドライバーでネジを外して脚部を丸ごと入れ替え、
再度ネジ留めした後、ネジカバーを装着するという作業内容となります。
※別途差し替え対応用の作業工程表を同梱させて頂きます。
尚、当脚部ユニットは随時発送予定となります。
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

こちらをご希望のお客様に関しましては、下記URLよりお問い合わせを
お願いいたします。

https://arcadia.ac/support/

早急に部材及び説明書を同梱した物を発送手配させて頂きます。
※本対応は国内のみとなります事、何卒ご理解頂けますと幸いです。

改めまして、ご迷惑をお掛け致します事を深くお詫び申し上げます。
今後共変わらぬご支援ご愛顧を賜りますよう、何卒宜しくお願い申し上げます。

株式会社ARCADIA
URL : https://arcadia.ac/support/
mail : support@arcadia.ac

Roughly translated, says they'll be shipping sets of L+R legs to people in Japan who requested repairs.

Full (Google) translation below.

Spoiler

To customers who purchased "1/60 Perfectly Modified SV-51γ D.D.Ivanov Boarding Machine Final Battle Specification"

Thank you for your interest in our products.
Arcadia Customer Center.

Regarding the product defect countermeasures of our product `` 1/60 perfect deformation SV-51γ D.D.Ivanov boarding machine final battle specification ''
Thank you for your patience.

It will be a guide to customers who are waiting for a response due to a defect in the leg parts that are currently supported.
* This e-mail is distributed to all customers who have inquired for the convenience of the system.
For customers who have already responded and who have completed repair / replacement,
We apologize deeply for redundant information.

In this case, we would like to deliver only ankle parts, not replacement / repair of the product itself.
With regard to customers, we may have already completed the preparation of parts, so I would like to start shipping arrangements in advance.
* Of course, even if you wish to have the product repaired or exchanged by mail,
Please be assured that we will contact you in parallel.

Therefore, the following countermeasures

-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
We will send a leg unit (a set of left and right legs) to customers who wish to replace the parts themselves.
Remove the screw cover inside the intake, remove the screw with a screwdriver and replace the entire leg,
After screwing again, the work will be to attach the screw cover.
* Separate work schedules will be included for replacement.
The leg unit will be shipped at any time.
-------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------

For customers who would like this, please contact us from the URL
Please.

https://arcadia.ac/support/

We will arrange for shipment of parts and manuals as soon as possible.
* Please understand that this is only available in Japan.

I apologize deeply for any inconvenience.
We look forward to your continued support and patronage in the future.

ARCADIA Inc.
URL: https://arcadia.ac/support/
mail: support@arcadia.ac