Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 minute ago, chyll2 said:

I love it (especially the subtle weathering) too bad, the stickers really stand out.

Yeah I thought so too when I first saw the pics of the work in progress. But once you have it in front of you, the stickers actually don't stand out so much. Must be the camera just making it look worse than it really does in person.

2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

So here's my SV-51 after I got it back from having it weathered. What do you guys think? (Pardon the crappy pics). Good news is it covered up the mess I made when I used clear nail polish to tighten the wing (looks better too IMO). Bad news is the right wing is still floppy as hell. 

20191015_143321.thumb.jpg.6c0fbe8c2bb8f6b6f7dfb6436b072838.jpg

Looks fantastic! Who did the weathering?

5 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

It's a local guy here in the Philippines. He has a website: http://www.transformerscustomtoys.com/

I'm too lazy to transform it to battroid, but here are some pics of it he sent previously.

Nice.  Make's it look like a metal build with actual battle damage.  Reminds me of IG-88.

3 hours ago, Mazinger said:

Nice.  Make's it look like a metal build with actual battle damage.  Reminds me of IG-88.

Or IG-11 for the upcoming Mandalore series. :p

Since you have now a have a weathered Ivanoff 51, is Nora's going to follow suit or are you going to leave it as it is upon getting a copy @ArchieNov?  

so after dodging a bullet with the ankles, i decided to transform the SV and place it into my display cabinet.  man. the QC and plastic quality on this jet sucks.

left leg, when extending to Gerwalk mode, the upper thigh, knee area extends out, there is a tiny peg that is inserted to keep the two sides of the knee in place, and on mine, it just seems the peg is too short. the peg is popping out of one side and its not like you can push in the otherside of the peg to catch it. the plastic around this peg hole seems very fragile too, to the point where i dont want to transform it into Gerwalk anymore after this 1 time,  at least in Battroid mode, these parts slide back into the leg and retract back inside, so that loose peg isnt a problem. but still.. very annoying.

After Battroid transformation was completed, the wing fold /shoulder piece where you have to clip in the arms is already seeing plastic stress marks, and that's all due to the pivot design of that upper shoulder piece. (you know that little flap that needs to go up) and you tab/place the back to the rounded edge of the shoulder.. man that was a dumb design. to make the plastic that thin.

It's an impressive piece if only in fighter or battroid, but with gerwalk and the limited feet angle placement. i give this a 7/10 on execution, unlike their other Zero toys which i have (A,S, and D) were all very impressive...

6 hours ago, borgified said:

Or IG-11 for the upcoming Mandalore series. :p

Since you have now a have a weathered Ivanoff 51, is Nora's going to follow suit or are you going to leave it as it is upon getting a copy @ArchieNov?  

Has Nora been announced? But good question. I still haven't decided. I had my Ivanov weathered to cover up a stupid mistake I did which messed up the look of the wing joint area. But it came out so nice that I'm contemplating whether I should have him weather the rest of my Zero toys. Was thinking of having him do my 0D next so I don't have to buy the premium finish version and he can make it look closer to the anime. But the advantage of the premium finish is that all markings are tampoed.

Ironically, the non-premium is worth more now on the aftermarket than the premium. So maybe I just buy the premium 0D and have him weather up my 1S and 1A instead?

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Has Nora been announced? But good question. I still haven't decided. I had my Ivanov weathered to cover up a stupid mistake I did which messed up the look of the wing joint area. But it came out so nice that I'm contemplating whether I should have him weather the rest of my Zero toys. Was thinking of having him do my 0D next so I don't have to buy the premium finish version and he can make it look closer to the anime. But the advantage of the premium finish is that all markings are tampoed.

Ironically, the non-premium is worth more now on the aftermarket than the premium. So maybe I just buy the premium 0D and have him weather up my 1S and 1A instead?

Nora has not been announced as of now. It makes sense that Nora should follow behind Ivanoff and then the CF versions will be after Nora.

After the screw up with the Yammie 51, it seems like the Yamacadia curse has hit again this time with the ankle/foot assembly while it was with the locking wings on the Yammie version (I think or was it something else?). 

Nora is the only upgraded 51 that I'm looking forward to. 

5 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

There is a difference between asking price and "worth". The question is what is the standard OD actually selling for? People can ask $750 all day long. That doesn't mean that they're selling for that. Or selling at all.

If standard market forces apply the non PF versions will drop in value. Or not sell.

I'm guessing in the long run your best bet is to get the one you have weathered (especially at the price you get it for) and not buy the PF version.

Just my $.02:good:

Hmm, you make good points. Alright, I think I'll go ahead and have him weather my existing 0D instead. He's currently working on my Weijiang OS SS Blackout so perhaps after that's done.

On a different note, my floppy wing strangely tightened up after I rotated it all the way to the other side, then rotated it back. It's still not rock solid, but it is probably 2-3x tighter than it was earlier. I can actually flip it upside down (gently) without the wing angling down. I'm wondering if the pin is not perfectly round so some areas in the rotation are tighter than others. Now I'm hesitant to transform it even again because I might end up loosening the wing back up.  

Hello,

We wanted to keep you updated with the latest regarding the replacement of your  Macross Zero: SV-51 Gamma D.D.Ivanov Use Final Battle Ver.

Arcadia still has not given us an exact date for when the replacements will be ready. With that being the case, it looks like it will probably take a bit longer than they originally forecasted. We were expecting them in by the end of this month at the latest, but it is looking like some additional time may be needed.

As of today, we have reset the timer on your Private Warehouse order containing the item and will continue to monitor the situation. We will let you know the moment we have more information, but we just wanted to keep you in the loop regarding the current status.

Thank you again for your patience with this and if you have any questions or would like to make some changes, please reply here and we will be happy to help you.

Sorry about the lack of news, but we hope you have a wonderful week!

Best regards,

HobbyLink Japan Customer Service Team

After my last experience with Nippon yasan, i decided to always go with Hlj if possible. To me they are the only ones that have consistent good customer service, and at the end of the day when something goes wrong , i have learned my lesson and pay a little extra for my pre orders for peace of mind.

On 10/15/2019 at 2:08 AM, ArchieNov said:

So here's my SV-51 after I got it back from having it weathered. What do you guys think? (Pardon the crappy pics). Good news is it covered up the mess I made when I used clear nail polish to tighten the wing (looks better too IMO). Bad news is the right wing is still floppy as hell. 

20191015_143321.thumb.jpg.6c0fbe8c2bb8f6b6f7dfb6436b072838.jpg20191015_143301.thumb.jpg.35b1b7b40a3764cbaffba445e343acc5.jpg20191015_142540.thumb.jpg.71ae6b44f2875c509b62dad8f583783e.jpg20191015_142041.thumb.jpg.a1d154e0e0ff7ea79e8dcf4097158d86.jpg20191015_142658.thumb.jpg.952b2e00ecfb710a6e0576cff519ec77.jpg20191015_142523.thumb.jpg.a73657b9b2b0a0c4fbd4ddb88566efcb.jpg20191015_142134.thumb.jpg.5ce3c60b2b39d1eea5d61af98b5e8b91.jpg20191015_142055.thumb.jpg.4e06424abd24197bc7922ca400e75233.jpg

wow!

On 10/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, ArchieNov said:

20191015_142658.thumb.jpg.952b2e00ecfb710a6e0576cff519ec77.jpg

That's how you make lemonade out of a lemon! :o

27 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Just a thought...I love weathering, but why would single-use ordinance (i.e., missiles) be weathered. I would think they would appear new, and then cease to exist after they are fired. :huh:

Now I can't unsee that. Thanks.:rofl:

Edited by sqidd