Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

34 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

A bunch of reports are coming out of the screwed up ankles... Mr K confirmed the correct way the ankles should be. I have seen all types of misassembled ankles on twitter. Two rights, two left, and left on right / right on left. 

FA16E80C-47CE-4A6B-95E5-E4D4221B4ED5.jpeg

Been super busy with work so I hadn't had time to transform it or really get into the SV-51, but after you posted that I immediately went to check mine and it does indeed have that problem.

I've emailed HLJ to see if there is a way to get an exchange. That's something I cannot fix.

Just now, Lolicon said:

Been super busy with work so I hadn't had time to transform it or really get into the SV-51, but after you posted that I immediately went to check mine and it does indeed have that problem.

I've emailed HLJ to see if there is a way to get an exchange. That's something I cannot fix.

So far HLJ hasnt gotten back to me with a response as to what to do. Also a lot of those Japanese twitter users are asking Mr. K to try and help us international buyers with a solution but he just ignores those tweets :unsure:

I took a closer look at mine and at least the ankles are correct. I guess that's a good consolation from having some bad joints on mine.

So is the QC really poor on this release? Is this the level of QC that Mr. K said was one of the main justifications for the Arcadia pricing? 

6 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Thanks! The joint you showed in your picture is actually the loose wing joint I was talking about, so your guide was perfect. Now I need to buy some floor polish. I don't think super glue will work here. Any particular kind of floor polish I should use?

Pledge Floor Care Multi-Surface Finish. From your description earlier, I deduced that this was the joint that was problematic for you. Mine has a little bit of play on the left side but it doesn't flop when you flip the fighter upside down. Hope this helps you out, and at least you're not having to deal with the misassembled ankles :P

Well that explains why one of my ankles was so hard to push all the way in. I have the same issue. I assume the one on the left is wrong as that is the one that is giving me trouble.

49ECB460-C895-4CF5-B886-246B010A2DB0.thumb.jpeg.af3ab3cd9339764f079e202036b90b80.jpeg

Aaaand CRAP! While trying to get it back into place it broke. 

3212B9E4-229F-42B4-9995-98B3DEDA412F.thumb.jpeg.ca473e198ff40d0be9a2a04da2423830.jpeg

Thank you so much Arcadia for charging a premium for a virtually identical toy from 15yrs ago with MORE issues than it originally had. Never again. Cancelling the VF-0D. This company is run by clowns that won’t stand by their crap product but want us to spend top dollar for it. I doubt AmiAmi will do anything about it either. One of the disadvantages to being an international buyer.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Checked, and my ankles are wrong as well, though it doesn't seem to be causing any real issue in my case. Then again, that might be part of why the back half of the foot popped off.

I wonder how difficult it would be to replace that piece, possibly doing a swap with someone else on the forums.

I'm pretty sure this sort of thing is why Bandai has moved to more complicated fittings that can only be assembled one way.

They better do something if they want to release a Nora version.

That said, I'm not sure how much the incorrect ankles actually matter, I had no trouble getting the feet to slide in and out, and no gaps on the leg even with the incorrect ankle.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm pretty sure this sort of thing is why Bandai has moved to more complicated fittings that can only be assembled one way.

That said, I'm not sure how much the incorrect ankles actually matter, I had no trouble getting the feet to slide in and out, and no gaps on the leg even with the incorrect ankle.

because its on a double hinge you can get it to sit somewhat straight. One mine the first time I slid the leg in and out it split the plastic on the leg because it wasnt centered. It'll definitely work and its something we can probably live with but its not perfect. 

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Either way, it's pretty terrible for a $350+ product to have this kind of issue.  Bandai gets so much crap for their QC and production practices, but Arcadia has similar issues, at 175% the cost. 

Honestly, I'm glad I skipped on this particular release.  I was on the fence about the whole design and price to begin with, if I would have gotten one with a QC problem at this price, I would have lost it.  And I'm fairly forgiving when it comes to minor QC issues; but at this price point they better have that stuff figured out.

I still might gamble on one if it goes on steep discount, but for now, I'm steering clear.

No question Arcadia's contracted factory, and their QC, fell severely short in this case.

I really hope they implement better QC for the Nora version. I'm not too worried about the VF-0D, since they already released the PF VF-0S without issues, and they'll have people going over it up close due to the weathering/panel lining.

On the other hand, anyone who wants an Ivanov, looks like these will probably end up in the bargain bin.

Phew, crisis averted. Sorry to hear about the issue many seem to experience with the toy. This is the sole reason why I don't buy first-release of any new/revised-mold from Arcadia/Yamato, bar the YF-19 (because its cool as hell), or wait till I can comfirm they're issue-free before dropping the greens.

On a side note, I did have a bad experience with Yamato's 51 Ivanov...both hips on mine broke due to brittle plastic, hence I'm sitting this one out. Glad I did.

Edited by aaajin

So my other wing joint on the other side started to loosen up as well. It's the same piece as the one I reported on earlier but on the right side. I don't know if it was possible to design the wing joints with detentes but I know of no other way that the joints can remain stiff while still needing to articulate. And I was soooo looking forward to a cannon fodder and the Nora version. This sucks

The first of two just showed up. Box is dorked up. Feet are dorked up. Oh well. Life goes on.

Does anyone have one where the feet are left and right? Maybe they only have one part number for that and they use it on both sides (which isn't ideal).

Didn't come with a stand. I didn't realize that. I have a HUGE order in with Yeti Stands right now. I guess this guy will just belly flop until then. I really wanted to get him flying next to Nora. Sigh.

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Anyone know if HLJ will examine products in the private warehouse before shipping out to check on these sorts of issues?  I'm not asking them to ship unless I can get one with the feet assembled correctly.

I would be shocked if they did.

12 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Anyone know if HLJ will examine products in the private warehouse before shipping out to check on these sorts of issues?  I'm not asking them to ship unless I can get one with the feet assembled correctly.

Not sure, but maybe they can. Arcadia boxes aren’t sealed anyway.