Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

It would be nice to have some Sukhoi inspired numbers for bellow the cockpit. Or better yet, if Arcadia released a special camo version of sv-51. Specifically the beautiful blue, white and grey one that was shown on here a few years back. That would be worthy of another 51 purchase. 

Aahh.. You're referring to to @Dobber's customs of the Yammie SV-51 that he did in Cameo/Digi pattern. 

What about the ones from Macross Horizon as well? 

800px-SV-52a.png

800px-SV-52y-Vanquish.png

1 hour ago, borgified said:

Aahh.. You're referring to to @Dobber's customs of the Yammie SV-51 that he did in Cameo/Digi pattern. 

What about the ones from Macross Horizon as well? 

I keep forgetting about the 52's. I would definitely designate Ivanov's 51 as "Raven" seeing as that's exactly what it looks like, especially in gerwalk. Color wise I am always more partial to the "real world" style color schemes. I tend to prefer the earlier zero, dyrl and Mac plus schemes over the likes of some Frontier and delta valks. I find the very bright and crazy color schemes kind of detract from the look of the valks. Having owned a few, I always prefered the more military style look of the Kairos. Nora's 51 color scheme is balanced between the two sides but I do like it alot. 

3 hours ago, seti88 said:

Been a while since I got something from N-Y so I can’t remember exactly. Maybe it wasn’t called ferry, or perhaps they dropped that option.

i had a book delivered by amazon before and the package was torn at the corner with water marks! Luckily no dampness got onto the pages.

The one I always use is called Ferry. 

Amazon JP delivery is scary but I guess the speed helps reduce the chances of damage.

14 hours ago, valhary said:

I hope receiving mine the next week

Good luck!

I just got a pack that was stuck in line before even getting to aduana check. It was hold in line for almost 2 months. The only explanation at post office: personal cuts. No enough people to do the job.

Just got mine a few hours ago, attached is a quick pic. I haven’t transformed it so I won’t be able to report on the transformation process. There was a question regarding the transformation gaps. The gaps are there and don’t seem to be better than the original Yamato versions (I have both the Nora and the CF version). The gaps don’t bother me as much as the fact that things don’t tab in as well as they should, given the new tooling that Arcadia gave the SV-51. The wing roots don’t tab in as well into the main body, and the rear stabilizers don’t tab in at all into the legs (like the original Yamato which I hoped they would fix). Just like the original, a lot of time is spent keeping components properly aligned when handling. Still, the tiny little joints that enable the wing transformations feel firm enough to keep things in general shape. I don’t remember the front canards to be foldable and rotatable, and if this is a change, it’s a welcome change since you can easily break that front canard were it fixed. 

Just like with any valk, it might take me a while to transform into its other modes since I’m enjoying the fighter version thoroughly. I’m partial to the older Valk designs (pre Frontier, with the exception of the VF-27) and I’m happy that one of my favorite birds got an update

450F5A5D-7C11-4CFD-AF24-366088A3AA54.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm dying to know if they've fixed (wholly or partially) the wing sagging issues.

Mine ought to be here by the weekend.

The wing joints are sufficiently tight enough to prevent wing sag, even with the full payload and fast pack on.

8DBAE5AF-1F8E-40BB-ABDB-CB6279E05BAE.jpeg

The outer wing part is connected to the inner wing part with some kind of clicking mechanism that’s designed to prevent the outer wing from sagging, and the wing joints are stiff enough to keep their positions, whether they be straight or in the semi-folded positions during gerwalk and battroid. The fast packs are hollow and light and don’t add that much weight to weigh the outer wings down. Of course, that’s the condition out of the box. Fingers crossed that the joints don’t looosen up after multiple transformations :(

Looks like the panel lines are much more "in-scale" with the toy.  That's easily the most noticeable difference between this and the original Yamato version.  It looks great!  Can't wait to hear more about what others think of it.  I'm gonna have to sit this one out and live vicariously through other people.

56 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

“NO STEP” markings.

Must have slipped off in the box.

To be fair it was never advertised as a PF release and Arcadia always show their toys with decals regardless.  I was always aware I would be putting the No Step markings on myself.

Very sturdy in Gerwalk! Considering some of the things said about the yamato toy, this is very nice. The hinged shoulder and locking piece is very good at keeping the wings from falling backwards, and the hinges seem to hold well for now. Only concern is the right shoulder pivot being slightly loose, but still holds nicely when left alone. Careful when pulling out the landing gear for the first time too!20190904_200442.thumb.jpg.27c2eb15aee5b19dc76bc7ea88ecae99.jpg

11 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Very sturdy in Gerwalk! Considering some of the things said about the yamato toy, this is very nice. The hinged shoulder and locking piece is very good at keeping the wings from falling backwards, and the hinges seem to hold well for now. Only concern is the right shoulder pivot being slightly loose, but still holds nicely when left alone. Careful when pulling out the landing gear for the first time too!20190904_200442.thumb.jpg.27c2eb15aee5b19dc76bc7ea88ecae99.jpg

Did Arcadia keep the ratchets on the ankles or did they opt for some ball and hinge joints. 

12 minutes ago, Metal Man said:

Cool pic! Looks like the Valk is extending out of the box. 

6 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Did Arcadia keep the ratchets on the ankles or did they opt for some ball and hinge joints. 

Ratchet pullout, then just a big solid foreward/backward free hinge. Little disappointed on that one, I mean it's not like bandai copyrighted the ball joint.

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Cool pic! Looks like the Valk is extending out of the box. 

Thanks man! I have a poor camera and an even worse apartment mess. Seemed like a good idea to use the box as a backdrop.

2 hours ago, mickyg said:

Looks like the panel lines are much more "in-scale" with the toy.  That's easily the most noticeable difference between this and the original Yamato version.  It looks great!  Can't wait to hear more about what others think of it.  I'm gonna have to sit this one out and live vicariously through other people.

They're the same very fine panel lines Yamato & Arcadia have been using since 2008. Some people don't like them because it can be difficult to panel wash, but I love them.