Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

Aw man, I'm going away next week for 2 weeks so i didn't want to ship mine (to the UK) incase it gets stuck in transit (customs) while I'm away. Can't wait to get my hands on this beast. Need a new detolf just for it by the looks of it ;p

37 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

:D All good. I just wanted to see how well equipped you were. You never know!

Unfortunately not enough to make use of such machinery lol I'm hoping with a little patience I can do a half decent job anyway. The no step markings will probably take some time as they are both small and plentyful. I'm sure there was a picture of the new 51 with full markings on here. 

3 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

So when will the premium finish come out?

i'm looking forward to mine saying A.N. Spacy on the legs. 

It's not going to be 40k yen that's for sure! Just guestimating the MRSP will be maybe 45k+ yen? :vava:

11 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

So when will the premium finish come out?

i'm looking forward to mine saying A.N. Spacy on the legs. 

I think after the vf-0d pf pre order is done they will probably give us the Nora regular version and maybe even a cf 51. I think it'll be a little while off yet Dave. Look forward to it though, the cost... Not so much. 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

Given the PF SDF-1 and PF VF-0D, I'm wondering if Arcadia will be moving more towards really "premium" premium finishes. Tampo, panel lining, top-coat, weathering, etc...

A weathered SV-51 Ivanof could look pretty cool, but I think the Nora would be better clean.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

A weathered SV-51 Ivanof could look pretty cool, but I think the Nora would be better clean.

Now the question...

How would Arcadia PE Ivanoff's 51?? It's already black and the tampos are going to be harder to see if it gets the green light for production.

I agree with you there as Nora's should be left as is.  

3 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I think after the vf-0d pf pre order is done they will probably give us the Nora regular version and maybe even a cf 51. I think it'll be a little while off yet Dave. Look forward to it though, the cost... Not so much. 

i wonder beyond the no steps what other tampos are included.

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

I wouldn't want white no step markings on a black aircraft. Maybe dark grey or red.

a red anti U.N. Spacy tampo would be fine

22 hours ago, Lolicon said:

What issues are you referring to? HLJ was down for scheduled maintenance the day the SV-51 was released, but you were able to request shipping as soon as the site came back up. 

I think I got tracking this afternoon... so all good.

8 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Given the PF SDF-1 and PF VF-0D, I'm wondering if Arcadia will be moving more towards really "premium" premium finishes. Tampo, panel lining, top-coat, weathering, etc...

interesting question....black weathered would only mean white airbrushing as the only color that would stand out..so a black and white bird..hmmm...

2 minutes ago, lmtsuper said:

It seems Nippon-Yasan has the sv51 at a much lower price than other online shops. Never order from them, are they reliable?

From what I've read here, they're reliable but slow to ship. If you're patient they'll come through. Just don't expect them to ship immediately once they receive stock on any particular item. Shipping costs are usually on the high side with them as well.

1 hour ago, lmtsuper said:

It seems Nippon-Yasan has the sv51 at a much lower price than other online shops. Never order from them, are they reliable?

as per what others said, but with one caveat. If you choose the slow shipping, it can be the cheapest overall price.

Think they also have ferry, really slow with no tracking, but better to have tracking number at very least.

Edited by seti88

6 hours ago, lmtsuper said:

Amazon JP has them for a pretty good pricing. I ordered a second last night (first order through NY). I paid $398.35 shipped to the US.  I had tracking this morning. It will be here Monday the 9th. They have six left.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07R67C6F9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NY cost me $405 shipped. Ordered it a few weeks ago and I still have no shipping notification.

7 hours ago, lmtsuper said:

Depends how quick you want it.  You can save a lot of money if you wait three months via Ferry. If you want it this week they charge exorbitant amounts for EMS/UPS, and they also won’t ship it fast enough to get it this week on top of the excessive price.

Edited by Mommar

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Amazon JP has them for a pretty good pricing. I ordered a second last night (first order through NY). I paid $398.35 shipped to the US.  I had tracking this morning. It will be here Monday the 9th. They have six left.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07R67C6F9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

NY cost me $405 shipped. Ordered it a few weeks ago and I still have no shipping notification.

Amazon can be quick and reasonably cheaper.
However just be aware risks of damaged boxes as amazon sellers do not pack as well as the ami, hlj, cdj, n-y, ae retailers.

The few instances i had from amazon had torn corners (and in one instance a gaping hole in the corner!) and flattened tops. Minimal to no damage on the box inside, however i shudder to think it something else heavier would be piled on top.

Edited by seti88

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

as per what others said, but with one caveat. If you choose the slow shipping, it can be the cheapest overall price.

Think they also have ferry, really slow with no tracking, but better to have tracking number at very least.

Incorrect, ferry does have tracking although I rarely bother checking. I just enjoy surprises in front of my house whenever they come.

FWIW, I paid $333 for mine shipped from NY using a discount code (I think it was 3% off).

As mentioned, Amazon ships in nearly paper thin boxes, I've had boxes delivered that were completely torn open. The good thing is they also skrink wrap to a board so luckily, I have not recieved anything damaged but it is a bit scary to see a box delivered like this:

72D68A3D-8074-49E8-B4B2-4215F55A6EAB.thumb.jpeg.88afef36afa1e2a895a5184dde38bbf5.jpeg

8 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Amazon can be quick and reasonably cheaper.
However just be aware risks of damaged boxes as amazon sellers do not pack as well as the ami, hlj, cdj, n-y, ae retailers.

The few instances i had from amazon had torn corners (and in one instance a gaping hole in the corner!) and flattened tops. Minimal to no damage on the box inside, however i shudder to think it something else heavier would be piled on top.

Splendid. :(

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Incorrect, ferry does have tracking although I rarely bother checking. I just enjoy surprises in front of my house whenever they come.

FWIW, I paid $333 for mine shipped from NY using a discount code (I think it was 3% off).

As mentioned, Amazon ships in nearly paper thin boxes, I've had boxes delivered that were completely torn open. The good thing is they also skrink wrap to a board so luckily, I have not recieved anything damaged but it is a bit scary to see a box delivered like this:

72D68A3D-8074-49E8-B4B2-4215F55A6EAB.thumb.jpeg.88afef36afa1e2a895a5184dde38bbf5.jpeg

That's the equivalent of this::D

19 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i wonder beyond the no steps what other tampos are included.

a red anti U.N. Spacy tampo would be fine

It would be nice to have some Sukhoi inspired numbers for bellow the cockpit. Or better yet, if Arcadia released a special camo version of sv-51. Specifically the beautiful blue, white and grey one that was shown on here a few years back. That would be worthy of another 51 purchase. 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Been a while since I got something from N-Y so I can’t remember exactly. Maybe it wasn’t called ferry, or perhaps they dropped that option.

i had a book delivered by amazon before and the package was torn at the corner with water marks! Luckily no dampness got onto the pages.