Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

350.00 US. Ouch. That's 10% towards the cost of a window well for a house I just moved into, which will allow me to classify a basement office as livable space and a bedroom. Thus increasing my equity.

Mandrake it is. It's not easy playing catch up in most things macross. The last 10 years have seen an explosion of various good releases. I haven't even begun to work on Yamacadia yet. 

1 hour ago, wmkjr said:

Well, differences are kind of subtle but I like the new proportion better. Colour changes aren't too bad either.

Really looking forward to grabbing one of these!!! 

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

Meh, check on it again at the end of the day, I feel like they often region restrict things kinda randomly.

Right, I've got one on order with Amazon.jp and HLJ both. I'll just cancel one of them later. If Amazon ships international on it, it'll be an easy choice though.

5 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

There's no denying it's a pretty bird. But from what I've read of previous releases, it doesnt hold up to well. But, if it comes in fighter, I could always keep it in fighter.

You can’t go by that.  You’re talking about one of Arcadia’s earliest moulds in the 1/60 line from fifteen years ago.  Engineering has changed drastically since then.

So, looking at the promo art, it looks like the mid-wing hinges are pretty huge this time around, and hopefully tight/with detents to keep things in place. I also noticed that the wing-body hinge has a nice blocky shape that ought to keep it from sagging there as well.

10610334a8.jpg

These pics right now for Ivanoff look outstanding. Lets see if the colours on Nora (upon release) will pop out more than the Yammie version. ;)  

Edit: I'm sure that there will be comparison pics with the Yammie and the Arcadia SV-51 together upon arrival.

Edited by borgified

well i didn't think it'd happen before i left the hobby but arcadia is pricing me out.  i can't justify it...the wing design just looks like its begging to get loose over time but we won't know until it releases if they've improved there.  it does look pretty, and better than the yamato in both sculpt and deco.  i can't justify this anymore than i could mp-44 in the mp trasformer's arena  (and to be fair i can justify that one way more) and the SV-51 is awesome but not close to my favorite valk design.  its just too much money for an unknown quantity.  if it doesn't selll well and goes on discount...heavy discount....maybe. 

Just now, moose said:

Who has the cheapest shiping

They ought to all be about the same (EMS/FedEx/DHL), since Yahoo Japan isn't shipping internationally (Yahoo Japan is cheapest if they do).

HLJ is the easiest to combine shipping across multiple orders.

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They ought to all be about the same (EMS/FedEx/DHL), since Yahoo Japan isn't shipping internationally (Yahoo Japan is cheapest if they do).

HLJ is the easiest to combine shipping across multiple orders.

I would say Anime Export is the best when it comes to shipping across multiple orders. HLJ has that 60 day limit that AE doesn't.

2 minutes ago, moose said:

This is how orders should be so much relaxing just makes me hate bandi even more

Less stress indeed, however it's double the cost of Bandai's DX valks. :unsure:

The line has to drawn somewhere.

53 minutes ago, borgified said:

Less stress indeed, however it's double the cost of Bandai's DX valks. :unsure:

The line has to drawn somewhere.

Yeah but its bigger toy and well yamato used to reasonably priced now Arcadia is just maxing out . I am not they will make anything after this maybe just rereleased ala premium finish but no new molds

Edited by moose