Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, that’s one of the wing-mounted boosters. 

Anticipation intensifies...

Edited by Sildani

30 minutes ago, Sildani said:

I predict Spring 2019 for ¥33,000. 

Let’s hope that’s the discounted PO price. VF-0S MSRP was already Y37000 something. And I paid mine around Y34000 at HLJ. Let’s hope it’s cheaper. ^_^ 

Ooooh. Nice update. And good thing it's 2019. Hoping for Fall or Winter release. I don't mind the wait. :wub:

I'm also in for those stands as well. I just hope that it's mass produced and not just for event or webshop sold only. :rolleyes:

Glad to see there's movement.. :yahoo:

Here are some of my observations based on this resin copy:

(1) No sliding pins to lock the wings together on the bottom of the wings as per the Yammie versions. The larger double folded hinges are used to keep the two separate pieces of the wings together in terms of cohesiveness (this that the proper wording for it)?

(2) Interesting choice to bring back the Yamato valk stand even though some people stay that its a mess to begin with. Note that there are no screws present on this version as per the Yamato version (possibly better ratchets and stronger joints used this time).

(3) A Possibly is that the white areas are the stronger or better molding methods for the hinges, nosecone area, and the shins in battriod mode.

Note that all three Yammie versions of the Sukoi had its flaws (even Ivanoff's 51 had a second run.)

The SV-51 looks good.

46 minutes ago, brouken said:

Looks like they modified the base of the Launch arms. I'm guessing they made it into a container for the valk's accessories. 

Yeah it sure looks like it.

SV-51 looks good, but I really don’t see much difference to the Yamato version. I’m guessing it’s mostly hinge improvements. The lower stabilizers still aren’t angled down enough. 

Chris

5 hours ago, Dobber said:

SV-51 looks good, but I really don’t see much difference to the Yamato version. I’m guessing it’s mostly hinge improvements. The lower stabilizers still aren’t angled down enough. 

Chris

Yeah it looks more like an improvement to the old Yamato mold than a whole new toy. I guess it goes to show how close Yamato got to the original CAD used in the OVA.

7 hours ago, brouken said:

Looks like they modified the base of the Launch arms. I'm guessing they made it into a container for the valk's accessories. 

Thank goodness. Why more stands don’t do this confuses me. Especially Bandai with their parts heavy partsforming HMRs.