Arcadia 1/60 SV-51 Ivanov

Valkyrie addict

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Unless there are some huge improvements, it might take Arcadia making one in that scheme for me to bite, hehe. ^_^ 

I think that Arcadia would be making the gaps more flush with the valk and stabilizing the wings to accommodate both the fuel tanks and the missiles. Tighter tolerances will be also in implemented as well.

3 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i hope Arcadia steps up their game, i'm in for the sv-51 as usually Arcadia's sculpts are far better than bandai's

but i'm worried that they can't compete without many new molds announced 

I also agree in this as well.

9 hours ago, Dobber said:

I displayed my custom that way. It saved a lot of space and I thought it looked cool too.

Your custom is better than the real thing! Awesome skills.

What painting materials do you use?

I wonder how you keep it form scratching during transformation.

Edited by arbit

49 minutes ago, arbit said:

Your custom is better than the real thing! Awesome skills.

What painting materials do you use?

I wonder how you keep it form scratching during transformation.

I used Testors MM paints. The only joints that tended to rub a bit where the wing root joints. Other than that it seemed to hold up pretty well. I sold it to a member here several years ago so I’m not sure how it looks now. General transformations didn’t seem to be a problem though.

Chris

Damn, would you do another for money...?

Also, T-Rex is assisting Arcadia with the redesign. It’ll be done right I’m sure, but I’m not certain there was enough wrong with Yamato’s effort to justify existing owners grabbing another, especially considering the inevitable Arcadia up-charge. 

I owned a Nora version for a brief time and my thoughts were similar to what others have stated for the 1/48 VF-1s (which I've never owned): much thicker panel lines, less tight tolerances and generally, engineering that simply looks a bit simpler. 

I'd guess the best comparison is just looking at the Yamato vs Arcadia VF-0 though. Seems they had similar improvements. I'm predicting the same furvor as was shown for the "new" Phoenix when it hit. 

23 minutes ago, Killaforevah said:

Is the yamato version very similar to the CAD files? or arcadia is revamping the whole model

Hard to tell. But I'm pretty sure they're revamping the whole model. Because what's the point if they're just doing portions only? Think of this like a renewal or version 2.

25 minutes ago, Killaforevah said:

Is the yamato version very similar to the CAD files? or arcadia is revamping the whole model

To the best of my knowledge, the Arcadia version is an all new mold.  Truth be told, with the exception of some gappiness, some floppiness, and weakness in the wings (their tendency to be barely able to support their own weight and inability to support the boosters and/or ordnance, the Yamato toy is a really good representation of the SV-51.  I have the Ivanov and Nora versions and find them quite adequate... but if Arcadia's proves a significant improvement over the older generation one, I'll feel compelled to dip into this new line just as I did with Arcadia's VF-0s.

6 hours ago, Killaforevah said:

It'll be completely retooled from the ground up. The old SV-51 is from the same era as the 1/48 VF-1 and I don't think Arcadia wants to use such an ancient mold. I wouldn't be surprised if they were lost or broken. 

I believe the YF-21 was the last of that generation of molds. They're pretty easy to spot. The molding is not as sharp and the panel lines are way less fine than what we've gotten in recent years. 

Only problem with being "new from the ground up" doesn't mean it'll actually change size, shape, or function.  It'll likely be almost identical until you look at it up close, same as the VF-0.

If it improves that much, I'll probably still grab one or two.. hard to say though.  I'd love some new schemes.

20 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Only problem with being "new from the ground up" doesn't mean it'll actually change size, shape, or function.  It'll likely be almost identical until you look at it up close, same as the VF-0.

If it improves that much, I'll probably still grab one or two.. hard to say though.  I'd love some new schemes.

Of course it'll still be an SV-51 with more or less the same size, shape, transformation, etc. 

But if you can't tell the difference between a Yamato VF-0 and an Arcadia VF-0, even at a glance, then I recommend some new glasses. They're not even the same color. :p

Edited by Lolicon
Grammar

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎04 at 4:07 PM, Dobber said:

One difference I can see is how the VTOL panel can open on this. I don’t recall the Yamato version being able to do that.

Chris

Actually the Yamato did have this function.

Time: Approximately 1:20 to 1:40 and 1:50 to 2:00.

I actually like the Nora version rather than the Ivanov or the mass release versions. I'm sure that Arcadia can make the colours more vibrant than compared to Yamato's.

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Actually the Yamato did have this function.

Time: Approximately 1:20 to 1:40 and 1:50 to 2:00.

I actually like the Nora version rather than the Ivanov or the mass release versions. I'm sure that Arcadia can make the colours more vibrant than compared to Yamato's.

Nope, check again. The heat shield can’t raise UP on the Yamato version like what is shown on Arcadia’s CAD. Yamato’s only folds down for bathroom mode. Yes the fan details are there but again the heat shield can’t lift up to reveal that in fighter on the Yamato version.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2017 at 1:10 PM, Arkham said:

Honest question:
If the SV-51 was designed for atmospheric conditions, and therefore no atmospheric re-entry, can it still be called "heat shield"?

It's primary purpose is an armor plate for battroid to protect the pilot, but Hikaru went Macgyver and activated it in fighter and called it a heat shield.  Because it was badass, the term sticks I guess.  What is more badass is that Roy was able to fly into space after saving Hikaru and his girl in a naked VF-1S with no booster or super pack.

1 hour ago, Ridden001 said:

It's primary purpose is an armor plate for battroid to protect the pilot, but Hikaru went Macgyver and activated it in fighter and called it a heat shield.  Because it was badass, the term sticks I guess.  What is more badass is that Roy was able to fly into space after saving Hikaru and his girl in a naked VF-1S with no booster or super pack.

And Ozma could outrun a Super Messiah with full armor on. You don't become skull leader by letting pesky things like "hardware limitations" get in the way. :rolleyes:

On 12/8/2017 at 7:06 AM, Dobber said:

Nope, check again. The heat shield can’t raise UP on the Yamato version like what is shown on Arcadia’s CAD. Yamato’s only folds down for bathroom mode.

I'm really curious what bathroom mode looks like. :huh::wacko::p

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 10:56 AM, frankell05 said:

Iz gonna be the most esplosive modes of all Lucy

Or do you rather have a G1 Transformers Master Force D-311 Black Zarak with GPS and see it crumble into gold dust when you open the box to see the contents? :blink:

I'll think that upgraded SV-51 will be better than the original release.

40 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Im so glad since I was never able to find an sv 51!!!

Actually.. Manda and Jungle Japan has some SV-51 sitting around. If you want to get the Nora version, they're gone, however the Ivanov (maybe the MK. 1 version) and the Mass production versions are for grabs.

If not, then you're welcome to get the SV-262 as another alternative.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hope we get to see some prototype pics during WonderFest2018 since it will be a year since the announcement coming this February.

Same here, looking forward to see what improvements Arcadia has made in it's design vs. the old Yamato.  B))

Got the last SV-51 Nora from Manda (used and complete). Just fiddled with it in Jet mode (transformation to Gerwalk and Battriod will be done on a later date) and there are a few bugs that I have found on my copy [not deal breaker to me as I'm going to leave it fully armed, still considering Arcadia's take]. Not going to list the flaws on my copy as Jenius has covered to a degree in his reviews. Hopefully that Arcadia catches the flaws from Yamato's and make the proper changes during the assembly line. 

Waiting to see the new revised version of the SV-51 in a months time.

DSC00662.jpg

• 4 weeks later...