Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

13 hours ago, yman1437 said:

Hmm...my open order for Premium vf-1s Hikaru @ hlj is looking more and more like a closed road, really disappointed...:huh::unknw::cray:

Theres still a chance, they are probably waiting for last minute private warehouse returns.  Or 60 days up and couldn't get reply or payment for shipping.

Its very slim , but it does happen.

21 hours ago, F360 said:

Theres still a chance, they are probably waiting for last minute private warehouse returns.  Or 60 days up and couldn't get reply or payment for shipping.

Its very slim , but it does happen.

I certainly hope so...-_-

2 hours ago, linitrofe said:

Where?

Sorry, I forgot signatures don't appear on all browsers.  Anymoon.com has the article with the video embedded also.  The article is turning into a Wiki at this point because there have been so many releases. 

Edited by jenius

Man.....after watching that review, I can't say I'd ever shell out the $$$ for the premium versions, build quality issue and tampo coming off pretty much out of the box....no panel lines, and not much else to justify that frankly insane cost.  Nope, I'm out.  Keeping my old stickered Yammies thanks! 

Thanks for the reviews Jenius! Always enjoy them!

Thanks for the fair and balanced review, Jenius.  

Ugh. You have the worst luck with Arcadia and QC issues.

My copy doesn't have any problem locking together flush, thankfully. More surprising to me is the print rub. I would have expected Arcadia to apply a more durable top coat to the premium finish version and avoid that abnormal wear and tear. Anyway, it's good to know that the hinge connector on the cockpit has a high potential for rub. I'll have to add a top coat of some sort, maybe even a simple coat of future to help protect those markings.

These are definitely too expensive, though, especially if they are getting packaged with QC issues that one would expect to find in the standard release. I was thinking of picking up a premium 1S Max after Roy if Arcadia ever got around to it. Now, I'm not so sure. I guess a lot will depend on how well Roy is out of the box for me.

After Roy, I doubt I'll pick up any additional premium versions if Arcadia releases them. I'm not even sure I'll keep Hikaru and Roy. High price aside, although I really like them, they occupy a place of limbo in my collection because I already have the full TV and DYRL squadrons from Yamato and the Arcadia white won't match with the older Yamato whites. Well, maybe the TV whites are close enough, but definitely not the DYRL off-white.

I can detail them up myself as well.

Maybe I'll keep the tampo printed super parts and sell off just the valks. :ph34r:

Now if Arcadia had brought back the rainbow canopies with the premium versions...

19 minutes ago, jenius said:

I have a Roy on the way. I'm definitely going to sell my Hikaru, it's a shame it isn't in perfect shape... I really do have awful luck with Arcadia releases. 

Damn that sucks especially when you are paying for a premium price for it. I would have expected better treatment and qc for the assembly and tampo work done

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Sorry, I forgot signatures don't appear on all browsers.  Anymoon.com has the article with the video embedded also.  The article is turning into a Wiki at this point because there have been so many releases. 

Well... Now I know who are you and I'll never forget it.

BTW thanks for all your incredible videos!

On 7/10/2017 at 8:06 PM, Sandman said:

Paid for my Roy yesterday and it shipped within 5 hours. Amazing for n-y. I doubt I'll get another premium unless they go down in price. After watching Jenius comparison video I just don't feel there's enough to warrant to price hike.

Received my Roy this morning before I left for work. That's like 4 days. Frickin amazing especially for n-y. Look forward to checking it out tonight.

Also, I actually like the Black Box of the Premium.

Wish it was a window-box, tho.

Still, much better presence than the tacky ones of the regular editions.

Heck! I much prefer the all-black over any of the yammies and arcadias.

:unknw:

:touche:

Edited by treatment

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think it should have had a flip top lid, been black on the interior, and featured text color that matched the trim (red for Hikaru, Yellow for Focker).

Yeah.

Kinda like the first 1/48 boxes were.

Before Yamato went damn crazy adding backgrounds and going multicolors on 'em...

18 minutes ago, jenius said:

If you have to ask, you shouldn't spend the money on premium. 

Oh. I'm not buying the premium. I'm just curious because in my eyes the left one kinda off grey looking than white. So I'm just double-checking if it's the same Arcadia release since I have the first Arcadia Hikaru with Strike Packs. Or it's just some lighting issues is all.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! ;)

The one on the left, is it Arcadia's or Yamato's?

It's the Yammie 1st-ed.  It had a description if you had clicked on either the title or the pic,

Anyway, moar...

http://imgur.com/xcuKcMj

xcuKcMjl.jpg

:hail:

:bump:

edit:

Arcadia really should've included the Black Jolly Roger heatshield for this Premium, instead of just the regular Red.

Anyway, the heatshield was borrowed from one of my Roy's... :unknw:

Edited by treatment

Shoot! My bad. How stupid of me. :vava:

I didn't noticed the rainbow canopy nor click the image for closer look. Hahaha! :lol:

But looking at it now I appreciate how it looks good too with that black heatshield. So if anyone who has extra black heatshield, don't hesitate to PM me. ^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

23 minutes ago, treatment said:

It's the Yammie 1st-ed.  It had a description if you had clicked on either the title or the pic,

Anyway, moar...

http://imgur.com/xcuKcMj

xcuKcMjl.jpg

:hail:

:bump:

edit:

Arcadia really should've included the Black Jolly Roger heatshield for this Premium, instead of just the regular Red.

Anyway, the heatshield was borrowed from one of my Roy's... :unknw:

oh yeah! more black heat shield  hikaru goodness:wub:

The DYRL theme is kinda dumb in hindsight... they should all have black heat shields and black jolly roger emblems on the fast packs. It makes more sense off the example Roy set AND it would have been a win for the toy manufacturers. That said, the larger problem with the DYRL paint schemes is that there isn't a lot of trim making them stand apart from each other so I get the decision.