Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

7 hours ago, Froy said:

The Yamato TV releases are white, but as far as I can compare based on pics, it is not that bright. This Arcadia seems to be a bit bright to me.

I own a VF-1S and a VF-1J.

The white parts of the reaction armor is still bone white while the anime fists have started to get yellow. The gray finish is till, well gray. Has your VT started to yellow yet?

10 hours ago, mickyg said:

I see that now - apologies for any confusion my comments caused! :)

I'm with B on this one - I still think all the tampo looks great and should be the new "standard" release in a lot of ways.

'Course that means that some folks might complain that it looks too busy...

I guess variety and choice is something we shouldn't exactly complain about with these toys. For me though, I can't afford or justify the cost of the full tampo'd badboy.  And that's coming from someone who spent countless days adding all sorts of water slide decals to my first Yamato 'valk.  May he rest in piec... erm, B's display cabinet. ;)

Very good point about variety - there are a few very talented folks that can customize their Valkyries and this serves their purposes (I think).

And yes, he's still very much proudly on display. If only all toys looked that good out of the box. :)

-b.

If I lived in a place with a better climate (not to mention more storage space) I'd probably jump on the bright white editions, but being in the middle of the desert just makes it extra likely I'll be dealing with yellowed plastic over time.

I still think it would be hard to convince myself to double dip on these though, since I've got a pseudo-complete DYRL set in Yamato off-white already.  I think if they issued them all with fully tampo printed packs I might cave, since I've never liked using stickers on anything.

13 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Whatever they release i'll sell my Yamato and "upgrade" to an Arcadia. ^_^ 

True. True. That's why I'm not planning on customizing yet my extra Hikaru 1S from the first Arcadia release into his 1A. There's still a chance that Arcadia might continue this trend of reissuing some old VF-1's. ;) 

13 hours ago, fenrir72 said:

I'm basically a low level Macross collector (HMR) but I do have single Yamato DYRL Hikaru 1/60 VF1S. The flat gray one. I would like to know if Yamato ever released this type of "white" before? Why am I asking? Please correct my hypothesis. Regardless if an item is Bandai/Takara/Yamato/Arcadia, they all use the same PVC/ABS with a different home grown recipe. Aren't you all concern of potential yellowing down the road? I like white as much as the next collector but a bunch of my TFs that have white in them are having yellow issues . Heck, even their royal blue parts are turning slight green.:(

The first Arcadia VF-1 releases were all bright white. However, it's not that all white since it has some would members call it, pink hue. And that tint might help prolong the white color intact for a period of time. And as for yellowing, it won't matter to me anymore. Things really don't last forever. And I'm not going to bring my toys in my grave. And some members here already mentioned that some Valks they kept it in the box for long period of time away from the sun and dust still turned a little bit of yellow. That's why you have to let your Valkyrie soar. Play with them. ;)

7 hours ago, Graham said:

Damn, that white looks nice. Kinda getting tempted now.

My old Yamato DYRL v2s look so grey by comparison

Go go go Graham! ;) 

11 hours ago, mickyg said:

I see that now - apologies for any confusion my comments caused! :)

I'm with B on this one - I still think all the tampo looks great and should be the new "standard" release in a lot of ways.

'Course that means that some folks might complain that it looks too busy...

I guess variety and choice is something we shouldn't exactly complain about with these toys. For me though, I can't afford or justify the cost of the full tampo'd badboy.  And that's coming from someone who spent countless days adding all sorts of water slide decals to my first Yamato 'valk.  May he rest in piec... erm, B's display cabinet. ;)

Yeah. I agree with everyone here when it comes with the premium (tampo) one should be the new standard one. But the mere fact that some of my Yamato Valks is bare, I'm still going to stick on just the regular release (and future reissues) and just apply decals on all of them down the line.

On 5/6/2017 at 6:14 PM, no3Ljm said:

Nah. I alerady emailed them before regarding this after I received my Figuarts Iron Man with major box dents. For them, box is just box. What matters to them is the content. If there's defect on the content then they can replace it. If none, all you do is just shake your head. Expensive or not, box is just box for HLJ. -_-

Yeah. I know HLJ's customer service is great. But the way they pack stuff, they're not even on par with AmiAmi's and Nippon-Yasan's standard. I know NY uses newspaper sometimes but those are around the item and not just on some spaces like HLJ does. They only put those air cushion bags in-between spaces. There's no cushion around the purchased items. Sad but true. <_<

Nah. Surprise to see they didn't do it on this one.

Angolz and cdjapan were the only places that ever credited me for a damaged box. N-Y flat out ignored my emails completely for my vf-25g renewal which had a puncture/hole in the middle of the box. Luckily the valk wasn't damaged.

12 hours ago, jenius said:

Arcadia is indeed a bit brighter than Yamato TV versions... unless the age of the Yamato's has dampened their brightness.Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-10.jpgArcadia-1SSS-Focker-9.jpg

Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-7.jpg

Man i've always preferred that dyrl off white but now seeing it next to the aracdia valks, it looks like it's yellowing. I really hate how yellowing looks so this may color (ha!) me against those old dyrl yamato valks now.

4 hours ago, Boobytrap said:

My Hikaru is out for delivery today. I may not like/understand all of their product decisions but I am so happy that Arcadia is around to help me fill my collection gaps.

To be honest, it's not so hard to understand. Arcadia's product decisions is to help you and everyone else to fill their collection gaps. ^_^

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

To be honest, it's not so hard to understand. Arcadia's product decisions is to help you and everyone else to fill their collection gaps. ^_^

Well to be honest they are doing better this year with that goal. My main issue was the slow trickle of re-releases and them sticking to only Roy and Hikaru for the VF-1's. The end of this year is at least seeing a little bit more variety coming our way and I can only hope that they keep it up into next year.

12 minutes ago, Boobytrap said:

Well to be honest they are doing better this year with that goal. My main issue was the slow trickle of re-releases and them sticking to only Roy and Hikaru for the VF-1's. The end of this year is at least seeing a little bit more variety coming our way and I can only hope that they keep it up into next year.

Yeah. It's interesting though what they're planning on rereleasing after M&M's VF-1J's. Probably next year we will see the completion of the TV Vermillion Squadron or the DYRL Skull Squadron in full Arcadia White glory. You never know. ;)

9 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

If I lived in a place with a better climate (not to mention more storage space) I'd probably jump on the bright white editions, but being in the middle of the desert just makes it extra likely I'll be dealing with yellowed plastic over time.

I still think it would be hard to convince myself to double dip on these though, since I've got a pseudo-complete DYRL set in Yamato off-white already.  I think if they issued them all with fully tampo printed packs I might cave, since I've never liked using stickers on anything.

I'm the play the item type so no worries.  But it does suck that despite your efforts, the d@mn colors start fail on you. My gray Hikaru is around 5 years + with no issue but the anime fists of the reaction armor I us on it has already gone yellowing.

So the the new white has a tinge of pink huh? I hope that is part of a new recipe to retain the white.

9 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. True. That's why I'm not planning on customizing yet my extra Hikaru 1S from the first Arcadia release into his 1A. There's still a chance that Arcadia might continue this trend of reissuing some old VF-1's. ;) 

The first Arcadia VF-1 releases were all bright white. However, it's not that all white since it has some would members call it, pink hue. And that tint might help prolong the white color intact for a period of time. And as for yellowing, it won't matter to me anymore. Things really don't last forever. And I'm not going to bring my toys in my grave. And some members here already mentioned that some Valks they kept it in the box for long period of time away from the sun and dust still turned a little bit of yellow. That's why you have to let your Valkyrie soar. Play with them. ;)

Go go go Graham! ;) 

Yeah. I agree with everyone here when it comes with the premium (tampo) one should be the new standard one. But the mere fact that some of my Yamato Valks is bare, I'm still going to stick on just the regular release (and future reissues) and just apply decals on all of them down the line.

Nope. I'm not the MISB type guy. I play with my fig within the limits of the fig's tolerance. It's just that, well I hate time and it ravaging effects. I wish there might some scientific recipe to keep white, well white and not yellow.

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

does that mean you're disappointed he's not paying for it or saying no to it:lol:

Hahaha! I'm shaking my head now just in case he regrets later on for not getting it while it was available everywhere. :lol:

For some reason I didn't realize that the heat shield was a darker shade of red than on the rest of the valk. I was wondering if it was something that Arcadia decided to do and saw that the Yamato's also had the darker red heat shield.

My HMR though has a more consistent red color. Until today I always thought it was the same color but focusing on it I can see an ever so slight difference. Although that may just be my mind trying to apply a confirmation bias.

I tried finding a screen grab to see which is the more accurate color but surprisingly I couldn't really find one. The best I could find was Hikaru's VF-1A which appeared to have the reds matching.

I know that there was a discussion earlier in this thread about the heat shield color but I thought that was more about red vs black.

So just out of curiosity which should it be? Did Yamarcadia get it right with the darker red? Or should it be almost/completely identical like the HMR? And what about Max and Kakizaki? The pictures I found of theirs appeared to have matching heat shield colors.

1 hour ago, Boobytrap said:

For some reason I didn't realize that the heat shield was a darker shade of red than on the rest of the valk. I was wondering if it was something that Arcadia decided to do and saw that the Yamato's also had the darker red heat shield.

My HMR though has a more consistent red color. Until today I always thought it was the same color but focusing on it I can see an ever so slight difference. Although that may just be my mind trying to apply a confirmation bias.

I tried finding a screen grab to see which is the more accurate color but surprisingly I couldn't really find one. The best I could find was Hikaru's VF-1A which appeared to have the reds matching.

I know that there was a discussion earlier in this thread about the heat shield color but I thought that was more about red vs black.

So just out of curiosity which should it be? Did Yamarcadia get it right with the darker red? Or should it be almost/completely identical like the HMR? And what about Max and Kakizaki? The pictures I found of theirs appeared to have matching heat shield colors.

Probably the best answer for this is that they couldn't find a good red plastic to match for the red paint used on the stripes. Atleast materials-wise, they're consistent from the time Yamato is doing it up to Arcadia's re-releasing it.

On 5/10/2017 at 11:42 AM, spacemanoeuvres said:

I'm so torn over the premium release. I've almost paid for my NY PO about a dozen times but can't bring myself to pull the trigger lol

Mm. Although I'm not as torn, I get what your saying. Arcadia would have made a lot of people happy if the premium version was standard. Personally, I would have been fine going with the standard release if Arcadia decided to add a couple of the missing details back in to make things consistent. For instance, the ejection seat warning (which was dropped from Arcadia's first DYRL release) and the rectangle detail on the leg (sticker 42) which has come and gone on various DYRL and TV releases going back to Yamato days.

Because these premium releases are adding those details back in as Tampo, along with every other detail on the sticker sheet, I'm looking forward to the final result. If the quality is there, then I'll be content. That's just the price I have to pay for being cursed/nitpicky with this sort of thing. I think people who don't notice, or who don't care about it are lucky because they will save money in the end. ;)

On 5/9/2017 at 2:17 PM, General Rasp said:

Looking forward to shipping my Hikaru with two HMR Spartans when they come instock later this month. 

Premium finish was up for a hot second at HLJ.