Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

Both versions look great, and nigh indistinguishable in the wide shots. I almost wonder if they would be better served by focusingĀ on the labor-saving benefits of the premium finish version. It has to take quite a while to carefully trim and apply all those stickers to the normal version.

Also, it looks like some of the tampo markings may have sharper detail than their corresponding stickers. For example, compare the red arrow markings on the leg armor.

17 minutes ago, chaff.g said:

Both versions look great, and nigh indistinguishable in the wide shots. I almost wonder if they would be better served by focusingĀ on the labor-saving benefits of the premium finish version. It has to take quite a while to carefully trim and apply all those stickers to the normal version.

Also, it looks like some of the tampo markings may have sharper detail than their corresponding stickers. For example, compare the red arrow markings on the leg armor.

The stickered versions don't come stickered...they come with a sticker sheet for you to apply yourself as you want. No labor saving involved other than I imagine it is a lot easier and faster to print a sticker sheet compared to the tampo process.

22 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

The stickered versions don't come stickered...they come with a sticker sheet for you to apply yourself as you want. No labor saving involved other than I imagine it is a lot easier and faster to print a sticker sheet compared to the tampo process.

I understand. I'm suggesting that the premium finish version, which comesĀ with tampo markings applied, offers a significant labor savings over the regular version which requires laborious manual sticker application to achieve a comparable appearance.

47 minutes ago, chaff.g said:

I understand. I'm suggesting that the premium finish version, which comesĀ with tampo markings applied, offers a significant labor savings over the regular version which requires laborious manual sticker application to achieve a comparable appearance.

Oh, you mean for the consumer? Yeah, of course. When you calulate how much time it would take to do a halfway decent job, it would be worth just paying for the tampo, especially when you end up with a better and more durable look. Thing is, I never sticker my valks and they seem to look fine.

I'm on the other end of the scale, as the guy who spent COUNTLESS hours panel lining, trimming f-ing NO STEP and every other sticker's on all my Yamato Valks, I don't know if it's worth the money Arcadia wants, if you don't have that particular Valk, then hell yes, go for the premium version, no doubt, otherwise...I dunno if I could part with the cash for the premium finish. Now...if they were panel lined and slightly weathered???...that might be a whole other kettle of fish.Ā 

Cool box art. I have a premium finish on po at ny. 99% sure I'm going to let it lapse. These look very cool I just can't rationalize the price of the premium finish.Ā 

54 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Shoot. I forgot that it's their Golden Week holiday. Does it start on Wednesday, right?

Hope HLJ ships out before Wednesday.Ā 

Ā 

Im right there with you hopefully Amiami gets packages out by tomorrow.Ā 

On 22/4/2017 at 0:56 AM, jenius said:

I didn't realize the "Premium" version was expected a month after the regular release. Premium version is showing 5/31 at NY so no payment requests there.

Hey jenius you gonna get both premium and non premium?

Would be cool for a video comparing themĀ both.

Edited by Mr Bomber
Misspell

Ā I'm not, I will do a comparison to my regular release Focker though, I think that should do the trick... might even be better as it will give an immediate visual cue as to which is the regular release.Ā 

On 5/1/2017 at 9:30 AM, anubis20 said:

Im right there with you hopefully Amiami gets packages out by tomorrow.Ā 

Hey Anubis. Looks like HLJ shipped mine before the holidays. Woohoo! :yahoo:Ā How about yours, sir?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

36 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Anubis. Looks like HLJ shipped mine before the holidays. Woohoo! :yahoo:Ā How about yours, sir?Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

When did you get your tracking number? I just got my tracking number from Amiami this morning but i have no clue if it will leave the island in time. Its currently sitting at "Posting/Collection".

1 hour ago, anubis20 said:

When did you get your tracking number? I just got my tracking number from Amiami this morning but i have no clue if it will leave the island in time. Its currently sitting at "Posting/Collection".

ok i sold another 25S, i'm ready to buy this! can't wait till may!!

3 hours ago, anubis20 said:

I'm in the same posting/collection wait as you, guess we just gotta hold out for an extra weekĀ :unsure:

7 hours ago, anubis20 said:

Got the tracking May 1st, PST time. Package was picked up May 2nd, Japan time. I used FedEx though from HLJ.

And based on the last update, it will get delivered on Friday. Assuming that it will get delivered in the morning at work,Ā means I'll receive it in the afternoon. But if it get delivered in the afternoon, then I'll get it by Monday next week.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by no3Ljm

Howdy,

If anyone ordered an extra or have a pre-order they no longer wish to pursue, please contact me and we can make some arrangements.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher B))

8 hours ago, ChristopherB said:

Howdy,

If anyone ordered an extra or have a pre-order they no longer wish to pursue, please contact me and we can make some arrangements.

Thanks in advance,

Christopher B))

I think po will reopen and they will likelyĀ be availableĀ atĀ releaseĀ asĀ well.Ā ArcadiaĀ doesn'tĀ seem to sell out as quickly as bandaiĀ 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word