Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

Now that Arcadia are trickling out some of these "Exclusive" Premium Finish valks to HLJ, they ought to go ahead and:

1. Cancel the regular Strike VF-1S Hikaru

2. Shift all production to the Premium Finish version

3. Drop the price on the Premium Finish version just enough to make it noticeable, but not to the level of the regular version.

4. Make the Premium Finish version available to all the retailers that can normally carry macross merch

They won't be able to keep this in stock. 

And we'll actually be "thanking" them despite what in the end would be an across the board price increase for a couple of tampos! :lol:

Answer in BOLD LETTERS. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Chet said:

Now that Arcadia are trickling out some of these "Exclusive" Premium Finish valks to HLJ, they ought to go ahead and:

1. Cancel the regular Strike VF-1S Hikaru - No. I want to decal this one.

2. Shift all production to the Premium Finish version - Don't want to pay more just to get what I have already in Premium Finish version.

3. Drop the price on the Premium Finish version just enough to make it noticeable, but not to the level of the regular version. - This, I agree so I can get a Premium Finish version to play with.

4. Make the Premium Finish version available to all the retailers that can normally carry macross merch - Then it's not 'Web Exclusive' anymore. ;) 

They won't be able to keep this in stock. 

And we'll actually be "thanking" them despite what in the end would be an across the board price increase for a couple of tampos! :lol:

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Haven't really been following this. Are there any clear photos showing how exactly this Premium Finish version is going to look?

Or have only stock photos of the standard version been posted so far?

I don't think there has been any with the actual completed premium finish version. Just photos with the stickers/decals applied showing where the markings would or would not be. plus some photos of parts like the chest with the tampos applied.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Hmm.........yeah, even though the Hikaru VF-1S Strike Valk is my all time favorite VF-1 variant, it makes me kinda reluctant to shell out the money unless I can see in advance exactly what I'm getting.

And already having 2 x Yamato 1/60 VF-1S Hikaru Strike Valks means the Arcadia version is not exactly a high priority for me.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

I thought all the Milia's were that way... like they thought that might stop the wrinkle problem. 

I don't know, maybe.  That's the only one I have that's so heavily tinted.

Edited by Mommar

• 3 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, Old Man said:

I was off the boards for a few weeks when this was announced. Where can I preorder this from right now?

The regular one can be ordered through the link above. The premium finish is closed already I believe. I figure I'd mention that if you were looking for a particular one and this thread is for both.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks sh9000! Let's share the photos here directly, shall we. ^_^ 

Tampo looks nice overall. I know this is just a sample for Forbes to review but still it feels like a little short for what it's offering. Like the leg fins should have small '001' too, right? Guess I just have to buy a 1/48 Hasegawa kit and and scan the decal sheet. That one has more decals IMHO for this one to be called Premium Finish. I'll just decide later if I will keep the kit or not. ;) 

N24M3mJ.jpg

GM0z7tF.jpg

TFC7auD.jpg

c0sW3nH.jpg

26YNnjm.jpg

TYklxpo.jpg

BpaeVqs.jpg

2NP1VYR.jpg

mjcnE4a.jpg

9TDd7QV.jpg

AoFLrnp.jpg

Y40R2sB.jpg

Mw5hyP3.jpg

fBXU5uH.jpg

H34xnrt.jpg

L1aL9lo.jpg

DxWL5Sz.jpg

ewHLckh.jpg

bFjbzTO.jpg

OQCQR1E.jpg

6If55D0.jpg

qh0Jb6i.jpg

tcVwLDq.jpg

uHIVtem.jpg

nEIZrFs.jpg

B8Wr6ds.jpg

VFSe3wN.jpg

RXi4KU7.jpg

ssWc30D.jpg

X6G8DtP.jpg

MLzHjNR.jpg

LxzbSpA.jpg

gFJmLlX.jpg

vQJzxoD.jpg

khA7CI1.jpg

cXB6LkF.jpg

kdUerTL.jpg

oxBTozt.jpg

A9xIC03.jpg

zo5B5Di.jpg

Photos courtesy of Forbes' Ollie Barder.

The only problem with the scanning is that you can't print white (the thorn in my side for years!).  You'd think after all these years they'd come up with a replacement or advancement to the Alps printer that is no longer in production eh?

8 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

The only problem with the scanning is that you can't print white (the thorn in my side for years!).  You'd think after all these years they'd come up with a replacement or advancement to the Alps printer that is no longer in production eh?

I might use some shop to have them print it. It's quite of expensive as long that I get to fit everything in their required size, then I can put other decals to use. But as of now, I rather have a digital file of it so it's ready whenever I'm ready to have it print. ;)

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Tampo looks nice overall. I know this is just a sample for Forbes to review but still it feels like a little short for what it's offering. Like the leg fins should have small '001' too, right? 

You're righ, the leg fins ate a little baren.

2 hours ago, TheLoneWolf said:

I'm just surprised that Arcadia directly provided a US company with an early sample to review. It's a pretty gutsy move, considering how litigious Harmony Gold is.

Ollie Barder who wrote the review is based in Japan though.