Arcadia: 1/60 VF 1S Strike Valkyrie Hikaru Ichijo Special Movie Ver /and/ Premium Finish ver

F360

Nice. ^_^Ā This will be good if ArcadiaĀ continues with the premium finish line and more vendors are able to secure stock like this.

With my n-y coupon, the difference came to 1942yen (orĀ about 17 dollars) before shipping. It is noteworthy but not enough to give me sticker shock.Ā 

Edited by technoblue

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

Nice. ^_^Ā This will be good if ArcadiaĀ continues with the premium finish line and more vendors are able to secure stock like this.

I agree. But I don't want them to reissue everything just to have it in Premium Finish. <_<Ā I'm just guessing that they're just doing this stunt since they don't have something new anymore. It's kinda more like a one time thing rather like testing the water for this 'new' method.

Ā 

Ā 

20 minutes ago, monishb said:

Too late went through AE, all my preorders are with them so it just made sense to consolidate. HLJ banned me so they've lost me as a customer . In the end is only a saving of 20$ for me which would have been added to shipping for this one item.

How much was it at AE?

20 hours ago, dizman said:

Don't worry guys Arcadia is making new Macross stuff, don't forget about the VF-0 Reaction Armor followed by....... oh......more repaints.

LOL their first new mold in what...almost two years?!Ā 

Is there any reason not to get this from Nippon Yassan? Seems to be about $30 cheaper there (normal version that is). Is their shipping more or something? I haven't ordered anything from them in years (haven't ordered much from anyone in years but this might be my first new macross purchase in a while)

Edited by miriya

NY is my goto place for the best deals on Macross and most other Japanese items. Some of their policies are quirky but in the end, you get what you need for the lowest price. Shipping is comparable to HLJ, one or the other will have the lowest rates depending on the item. NY packs a little better than HLJ.

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

According to FigInstock they had at least one that was available again around 4 am this morning.

Yeah, I got the email late. By the time my phone notified me of the mail I was like 10-15 minutes late.

1 hour ago, miriya said:

Is there any reason not to get this from Nippon Yassan? Seems to be about $30 cheaper there (normal version that is). Is their shipping more or something? I haven't ordered anything from them in years (haven't ordered much from anyone in years but this might be my first new macross purchase in a while)

Every customers have different opinions and experience on each of this stores. If you want great deal when it comes to pricing esp preorder pricing, go to AmiAmi or Nippon-Yasan. However, if you miss the initial preorder price, AmiAmi might put it back again after a month or two prior of release, but the price will be the regular MSRP. Nippon-Yasan on the other hand, they might jack up the price more than the MSRP once it's avaiable in stock. But they don't change their initial preorder price if ever there will be some opening before release date. HLJ sticks to their initial preorder price up to when the item gets released then they will offer it in MSRP price. Shipping price varies also. Just to give you idea it just varies $15-20 differences from the grand total of the item and EMS shipping methodĀ between shops. AndĀ If you want your item to be packed safely compared than bulk orders from HLJ, go with AmiAmi or Nippon-Yasan.

Ok, let's say you want your items be packed safely so you decided to order goods from AmiAmi or Nippon-Yasan. But after you receive the item, there's some instances that it comes with snapped broken wing, missing parts and accessories, and so on and so forth. Then you decided to contact them for a possible replacement or credit and whatnot. The only responseĀ you will get or common excuse they give is that they can't help customers outside Japan. Now this is where HLJ shines. They can help you whenever you have problems with the item you receive. Whether it's broken or it's missing parts, accessories, etc. Though they can't help you if the only problem you raise is that you receive a dented or scruffed box. They will ask you if the item inside is intact and not damage. And just letting you know that they don't value box. Box is just box to them. Believe me, it's true.Ā 

In the end, there's no perfect store. For me, what's inside is important, that's why most of the time I choose HLJ so that if ever there's problem on the item, I can always ask them with no worries.

Ā 

I thought I had an issue with a figurre I got from amiami and they were very prompt to offer help. Turns out, I didn't need it but they definitely seemed like they were going to do more than give excuses.

Any way, my preffered shops:

1. NY
  2. HLJ
  3. amiami
  4. AE
  5. CDJ ...I like CDJ a lot but they typically have the highest prices. If they have items on saleĀ I love using them, otherwise pass unless I have to use them to secure something sold out everywhere else.
Edited by Slave IV

NY used to be my preferred shop, but at times they list itemsĀ later than the rest. Now, i use it just for exclusive items...

Also as more hard to get items got released, combined shipping of HLJ and ami, has taken me away from NY.

I use CDJ as my last resort, asĀ their prices are higher.

The latest interest isĀ yellow submarine's rakuten store...that may be on my watch list too if they carry more hard to get items...

5 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I thought I had an issue with a figurre I got from amiami and they were very prompt to offer help. Turns out, I didn't need it but they definitely seemed like they were going to do more than give excuses.

Any way, my preffered shops:

1. NY
  2. HLJ
  3. amiami
  4. AE
  5. CDJ ...I like CDJ a lot but they typically have the highest prices. If they have items on saleĀ I love using them, otherwise pass unless I have to use them to secure something sold out everywhere else.

Forgive me, but while I'm familiar with HLJ, the other acronyms don't ring a bell. What is "NY" for example?

Ā 

Thanks in advance. :)