Jump to content

Can we petition Bandai for a new VF-2SS kit?


dec0y13
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't know if this can be done, or has been done, BUT.... Is it possible to petition or Request models from Bandai?

IF SO

I would love a new 1/72nd VF-2SS from Macross II Lover's again. (YES it was a TERRIBLE show, but the super nice VF-2ss should not be punished or forgotten because of it!)

I'd love to see the VF-2 and a SAP pack kit (that is separate)

I have the 1/100 scale kit. It's such a good looking Valkyrie! It's a shame you have to swap parts to transform. Also, The VF-2 GOT ONE OF THE WORST 1/60 TOYS i'VE EVER SEEN!

 

I'ts time to get a decent Valkyrie II from somewhere! Any-one with me on this?

Edited by dec0y13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

WHAT!? I saw the Evolution toy, but was not impressed. (especially for the price)

I must have missed the 1/100 Bandai Hi Metal one. Time to run over to ebay LOL

 

Still would love a Chogokin or 1/72 kit

 

EDIT: I can't find that Hi-metal VF-2ss Valkyrie II anywhere (not even a pic). Does anyone have a link??

Edited by dec0y13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As for petitioning, Bandai recently (as in a year or so ago, so...) held a poll asking fans what they wanted the next Master Grade to be. Fans voted for ZZ Ver Ka, which will be coming out sometime this year.

But generally they don't do much in terms of interacting/reacting to fans, petition or otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dec0y13 said:

WHAT!? I saw the Evolution toy, but was not impressed. (especially for the price)

I must have missed the 1/100 Bandai Hi Metal one. Time to run over to ebay LOL

 

Still would love a Chogokin or 1/72 kit

 

EDIT: I can't find that Hi-metal VF-2ss Valkyrie II anywhere (not even a pic). Does anyone have a link??

It hasn't been released yet. Not even really confirmed 100%. We are hopeful however. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Other plamo kits that Bandai could and should make:

1/72 VF-0

1/72 YF-19/VF-19

1/72 YV-21/VF-22

1/72 VF-11

1/72 VF-17 + VF-117

Well, that means all mainstream transformable valkyries! :-)

And yes I'd buy and build all of them :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and Version 2's of the VF-1 and VF-25 would be awesome too! :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They would all at least benefit from being larger than the VF-1. The significantly smaller size of the VF-1 is one of the reasons why the model is so unwieldy, I think. The VF-25 has its share of problems, too, but they would only be exacerbated if it were the same size as the VF-1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I wrote Bandai to see about submitting maybe a top 10 list from us. They are VERY standoff-ish! They have a very long response that says what has already been said in this forum. they will only take suggestions when they specifically ask for them. All the same, I sent a letter for more information anyway.... to see what happens.

 

If 3D printers would just get a bit better, we'd just make our own LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2017/1/8 at 2:54 PM, Skypoet said:

Other plamo kits that Bandai could and should make:

1/72 VF-0

1/72 YF-19/VF-19

1/72 YV-21/VF-22

1/72 VF-11

1/72 VF-17 + VF-117

 

No, no, no, no, and no. Bandai makes good models, except where their Macross line is concerned. I've not been satisfied with anything they're recently put out. Don't look good in any form, and easily breakable. If you want something transforming, buy a Hi-Metal or Arcadia.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Jefuemon said:

No, no, no, no, and no. Bandai makes good models, except where their Macross line is concerned. I've not been satisfied with anything they're recently put out. Don't look good in any form, and easily breakable. If you want something transforming, buy a Hi-Metal or Arcadia.

If they scaled up their Delta Mecha Collection kits to 1/72 and provided some halfway decent decals/sticker sheets, I would be on that like white on rice. Okay, maybe not the sticker sheets. Okay, maybe not the decals either because... Bandai decals. But I've bought like ten of those and only two of the 1/72 Delta kits, because the 1/72 kits are just too much of a pain to work with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong. I would most certainly buy the 1/60 Arcadia's IF I could justify the cost. I'm just not a big enough fan to drop down $300 each for the planes I want.

If they were $80-100 (which is what I feel they should actually be worth) I'd buy em all day! (Heck, I buy uber nice Master Made Transformers figures for $130 and they are insanely detailed, durable, articulated, and they have tons of die-cast in em!.. I assume it's the licensing that makes Macross figures so crazy expensive.)

I can build 6 or more models for the price of one Arcadia. Also, it's nice to use a little skill and come out with something that looks nice. (...and I'm willing to endure the decal battle lol)

As far as durability, I usually reinforce the inside of my models with super glue and metal bits to add to the ruggedness of the frame. I learned to beef these up a bit after breaking one of my VF-2's. A coat of Future/Pledge seals the pant and decals pretty good. You still need to be reasonably gentle with em, but they hold up for the transforming and posing I do. (If I paid $300 for one I'd treat it like glass anyway)

 

So it's models for me until I win the lottery ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Jefuemon said:

No, no, no, no, and no. Bandai makes good models, except where their Macross line is concerned. I've not been satisfied with anything they're recently put out. Don't look good in any form, and easily breakable. If you want something transforming, buy a Hi-Metal or Arcadia.

Don't forget that you can buy 4 to 6 Bandai plamo Macross kits for each Arcadia. And the Bandai Plamo Macross are far from 4 times to 6 times worse than the Arcadia's. Let me tell you what is "wrong" with the Bandai Macross kits. You need some workmanship and to think a little to make them "work" properly. Except for the two last kits, which came out perfect straight out of the box, at east for me. I broke a couple of nubs but repairs were easy.

It's also a matter of personal taste. To me, regular plastic model kits - the un-articulated, static type - are just way too boring. And I feel too old to buy Arcadia's or Hi-Metal's, because... I feel too old for toys. I need to put my mind to use on something. It's just too easy - and no fun at all - when your Valk is all done right inside the box when you first open it and you have nothing left to do than play with it. And for me, there is not enough fun when your model kit does not move at all once you're done building it... And... I do enjoy building Gunpla's but at the same time, I'm not into Gundam at all.

So I'm definitely very much into the plamo Macross line.

I'd really find it awesome if Bandai did the other M0/MPlus/MSeven valks. Bandai has greatly improved its Macross transformable kits since it started with the VF-25 nearly ten years ago. And will do a wonderful jobs with the other Kawamori designs.

Edited by Skypoet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, dec0y13 said:

Don't get me wrong. I would most certainly buy the 1/60 Arcadia's IF I could justify the cost. I'm just not a big enough fan to drop down $300 each for the planes I want.

If they were $80-100 (which is what I feel they should actually be worth) I'd buy em all day! (Heck, I buy uber nice Master Made Transformers figures for $130 and they are insanely detailed, durable, articulated, and they have tons of die-cast in em!.. I assume it's the licensing that makes Macross figures so crazy expensive.)

I can build 6 or more models for the price of one Arcadia. Also, it's nice to use a little skill and come out with something that looks nice. (...and I'm willing to endure the decal battle lol)

As far as durability, I usually reinforce the inside of my models with super glue and metal bits to add to the ruggedness of the frame. I learned to beef these up a bit after breaking one of my VF-2's. A coat of Future/Pledge seals the pant and decals pretty good. You still need to be reasonably gentle with em, but they hold up for the transforming and posing I do. (If I paid $300 for one I'd treat it like glass anyway)

 

So it's models for me until I win the lottery ;)

Thank bro. I agree with every word you wrote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...