Canopy Paint Masks

NZEOD

Reading Jefuemon's latest build of a Resin VF-22 he mentioned canopy paint masks.

These things are gold and as the canopy painting is the single hardest thing to do and the one major thing that makes or breaks the look of our models I am making a link to all the masks I can find

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 SV-51γ/α

1/72 SV-51

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 VF-0A/S

1/72 VF-0A/S

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 VF-0D

1/72 VF-0D

41JxLP-umbL.jpg

1/72 VF-1

41iAR6-4hLL.jpg

1/72 VF-1D

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 VF-11D

1/72 VF-11D

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 VF-11B

1/72 VF-11

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 YF-19A/VF-19A

1/72 YF-19A/VF-19

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 YF-21

1/72 YF-21

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/72 VF-22S

1/72 VF-22

【H社用風防マスキングシート】1/72 VF-25G

1/72 VF-25

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/48 VF-1A/J バルキリー

1/48 VF-1

【H社用風防マスキングシート】 1/48 YF-19A/VF-19A

1/48 YF-19A/VF-19A

Edited by NZEOD

yeah I know the feeling, I have so many VF-1s that have stalled at the canopy stage.

This maybe should be stickied?

Jefuemon would be the expert on them but I would prime mine black or grey so the inner frame appears black or metal, then airframe colour the top coat.

yeah you just make an account and order them.

I'm in New Zealand nad have no issues getting stuff from Amazon Japan

6 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

Looks like a great product line! Just FYI for U.S. modelers, I have an Amazon.jp account, but it says that the seller can't ship to my U.S. address. Have to go another route...

BUYEE.co.jp is a proxy service for the auctions... it now services Rakuten and Amazon JP as well

2 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I am sure that if you can gather enough to have a big order, then you can contact te seller and ask him to ship internationally. 

Since the package will be a simple letter, it should be easy for the reseller. 

I'm currently get 4 x vf1, 4 x VF1d, 2 x VF22, 3 x VF-0, a VF0D, a VF11 and 2 vf11Ds, 2 VF19s and 4 vf25s 

9 hours ago, VF-1A Grunt said:

Looks like a great product line! Just FYI for U.S. modelers, I have an Amazon.jp account, but it says that the seller can't ship to my U.S. address. Have to go another route...

I was able to order through fromjapan.co.jp, which is a proxy those in the US can use to order from Japanese web stores. I've used From Japan before and it's pretty convenient.

Thanks NZEOD.  I hate painting them too!  That's why I paint decal paper and cut strips then apply them.  I've also used metal foil like for stain glass windows, cut it then paint it. - MT