Sci-fi sizes

Phyrox

Well, first off let me say I am no artist. I am not bad at building models, but drawing (either on paper or with a PC) is not one of my talents.

That said, after seeing various sci-fi charts on the internet I decided to put one of my own together between book-reading sessions (damn grad-school).

I put some Macross stuff along with various other things I was curious about in this image...I hope some of you out there find it a little interesting.

I didn't create any of the images used here...just modified ones I already had on my computer.

post-5-1061926093_thumb.jpg

nice work. I see that the Q-Rau isn't that much bigger than the VF like the toy suggests. Doesn't matter because I'm gonna display it next to my 1/48 anyway. But then that makes the pilot way smaller than the VF's when they are suppose to stand almost toe to toe.

That's the inconsistency that is anime, I guess.

I wish someone would make a site that is pure Macross.

Looks like great work Phyrox. Looking at the Monster scaled with the Super Valkyries I'm getting nightmares about the eventual 1/60 Monster. Yikes! That box is going to be larger than a dishwasher. Do you plan to add any more mecha?

Have you seen this website? :ph34r:

Jeff Russell's STARSHIP DIMENSON'S

Yah, I saw that other site...quite nice.

Uh, I continually update this image with new stuff...when I find it.

The hard part is finding decent scematics of sci-fi mecha.

I have the other destroids, but I figured one would to for a size chart.

I would like to put up some gundam stuff, but have no side views.

Regarding the comments about the Q-rau vs. VF-1 sizes: I agree there is a slight problem, which I think arose from my confusion as to whether or not to include the VF head laser and the Q-Rau antenna in the hieght. I think I didn't with the VF but did with the Q-Rau (which was probably a mistake), which has led to them looking similar in height.

I will post just this one more image, which I use as my wallpaper from time to time:

post-5-1061937223_thumb.jpg

Edited by Phyrox

Yah, that's the same one.

I don't have it in a larger size, and I think I deleted the cleaned up images I used in it. I could try to make another one...but the mechs would be about the same size. I would just use this as a wallpaper with a white screen.

Sorry.

If you really want it bigger I COULD give it another try.