1/6 VF-1 Valkyrie cockpit speaker

Vi-RS

4 hours ago, kyekye said:

My delivery is set on next Monday!

Was VF-1J Hikaru  ever on sale at BBTS?

I don't remember seeing Rick's Cockpit over at BBTS. Only at KC and Robotech Store.

3 hours ago, Mecachrome said:

WTH, no retail art box and requires assembly?

Yeah, too bad there's no art on the retail box. But regarding the assembly part, just basing it on the video it's just a few things, right? Besides, some collectibles that I know and even most appliances requires minimal assembly. I said 'appliance' because it's a speaker too. And besides, it's good that they kept it that way because atleast some of the small parts are secured during transit. Imagine, if you open such a box with small broken things laying around in the box. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Maybe ask KitzConcept if there are any plans for a 1/12 cockpit for their figures......or a 1/12 VF-1? :rolleyes:

Oooh. I like this idea. ^_^

Happy that the cockpit is separate and some of the components containing electronics/LED's are separate. That will make potential QC issues easier to deal with(instead of sending the whole thing back for a faulty connection, one can send back just that part...)  Finger's crossed everything shows up in working order!!

Edited by Ahab
typo

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

It's a good thing that it can be detached from the base. You can combine it with the Head Busts they announced and wait for them to release the remaining parts to build a giant Valkyrie! 

;)

That would be interesting to see.

They are both different scales....but not by much....would be interesting to stand the 1/6 figs next to the Battroid busts.........although I think standing next to the cockpit display is way cooler!

Wonder if you can fit the old Popbox DYRL Hikaru into the cockpit?

6 hours ago, macsam said:

i could be wrong but this 1/6 cockpit scale might be on par with the arcadia release human scale gunpod from a few years past.  I don't believe the gunpod was officially released with a scale.  

Yeah, probably in par (or smaller) with the size of the KC's Cockpit Speaker. This is more like basing it on available sizes we have from Macross Mecha Manual and the 1/60 VF-1's from Yamato/Arcadia. If the official height of Battroid is 12.68m. The length of the Gunpod that came with the 1/60 figure is 105mm. And Arcadia's Gunpod size release is 840mm. Then it's somewhere around 1/7 - 1/8 scale. Now all we need is the rest of the plane parts. ^_^

Just got mine and put together for test.

Came in 1 Big box + 1 Bigger box. Mine was 082/300

As suspected, I couldn't find the 1/6 action figure version of pilot. I'm pretty sure it's not ready yet (IOU) but sent them email about it anyways.

It's about the size I expected, but still it's huge. (and heavy - they used filler resin/coldstone)

43109264992_e565e8df72_z.jpg

42440737894_fb3aec2ec6_z.jpg

43109264662_720cfa1ffe_z.jpg

42440737434_5edb9aae17_z.jpg

29287754348_6628681288_z.jpg

42440737174_c51e4f09a2_z.jpg

43109264352_b977ac5a9e_z.jpg

42440734394_cc441a60e8_z.jpg

42440736904_7a8760ccaa_z.jpg

29287773408_5abb20e9b5_z.jpg

42440735764_d0ee7df02a_z.jpg

VID_MAcrossCockpit.mp4

Edited by kyekye

Nice! So gorgeous looking. :wub:

Does it come with the extra 1/6 figure as they advertised before?

Edited by no3Ljm

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Nice! So gorgeous looking. :wub:

Does it come with the extra 1/6 figure as they advertised before?

Like I said on top, it's missing (or I can't find it) I suspected it, so I sent them email. Probably IOU

51 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Pretty cool.  They should have put the name on the canopy.

Honestly, I'd rather do it myself with the name I want. It will be another step to erase printed name.

28 minutes ago, Mecachrome said:

Wooo mine arrived!!!

Please check if you find 1/6 action figure somewhere hidden in the boxes. BTW, the transformer and power cable box is hidden under the Styrofoam of Base box. Took me a while to locate it.

That's a really beautiful display piece. I'm still hoping for DYRL versions. But it's such an amazing display. Probably the best large scale Macross piece I've seen.

How is the speaker quality? Any specs listed?

3 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Congrats!  

Looks great...nice to see the canopy stays up on it's own.

I need to find one! :search:

The canopy is a lot lighter than I thought. I think they replaced the clear material with Vacuum one. It's only @ 2 position thou. No hinges/joints. Just Open or close.

42259288175_99be772c22_b.jpg

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Did the removable panel gimmick make it to the final product?

Tempted to get the Max version....but don't care for all that blue...

These seem to have sold out....at least the "Hikaru"....so hopefully they do the VF-1S Roy...

The panel gimmick is there.  In position by Very strong magnets.

42445458954_3c78830903_z.jpg

43113931082_8beb541c34_z.jpg

2 hours ago, macsam said:

good that the name Rick Hunter doesn't show on the canopy

sucks the certificate shows Robotech/Harmony Gold.  that's going to be stored away never to be seen......

I'm making the decal right now. Never cared about the certificate that much. Probably only worth something if I decide to sell it in far future..?

12 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

That's a really beautiful display piece. I'm still hoping for DYRL versions. But it's such an amazing display. Probably the best large scale Macross piece I've seen.

How is the speaker quality? Any specs listed?

Speaker is not too bad? I didn't get it for the speaker, so....Anyways, spec says

1x4" subwoofer

2X2" mid range

1X2" super tweeter

output: 30w/ch x 4

46 minutes ago, kyekye said:

Speaker is not too bad? I didn't get it for the speaker, so....Anyways, spec says

1x4" subwoofer

2X2" mid range

1X2" super tweeter

output: 30w/ch x 4

Those specs actually look pretty good. Better than the average small desktop speaker setups since this has fairly big subwoofer to help the mid range speakers.

I still have a framed Robotech poster and this display is really tempting. I'll wait and see what is announced the Wonder Fest show. I still want DYRL or at least Minmay or Lisa figures. But I don't want to miss out if no one comes out with something better than this piece. Those Prime 1 Studio versions weren't as good as I was expecting.

Just put it together. Pics soon!!

They included a piece of paper explaining the figure will be delayed until October. Panel gimmick is there but simplified...one removable piece. Bit of a bummer but on the whole its an amazing display. At least 90% polystone..a real beast!  So glad I pulled the trigger.

Looks amazing. I can't afford it and don't have the space ether, so I made my own! 

Here is the clip in case some of you guys have not been on the model threads.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:46 PM, Major Focker said:

anyone here from PH who also ordered this from the KidsLogic store?  was it shipped via fedex and were you taxed?

been busy and just saw KL email from last month notifying they are ready to ship my order via fedex. 

not sure for US shipments or other international locations.   In Canada, the custom tax is $250.  The smaller of the 2 boxes was shipped direct to the residence.  The larger box had to be picked up from the Fedex center.  

On 7/4/2018 at 6:01 AM, arbit said:

Looks amazing. I can't afford it and don't have the space ether, so I made my own! 

Here is the clip in case some of you guys have not been on the model threads.

First time seeing that and it's awesome. I think I'll peek in over on those model topics. See what I missed.

There. ScrXX you Harmony Goldy.

43270759741_f79c2bf5cd_b.jpg

And I had to try it as well. The body base is really old type and bigger  than usual. I'll have to try again after swapping the base body.

42367005985_51d5fdd362_b.jpg

Edited by kyekye