1/6 VF-1 Valkyrie cockpit speaker

Vi-RS

• 4 weeks later...

Even though I'm not getting this, I want to see the released version and their Robotech stuff continue. I don't think the Robotech store even listed the Max version so I guess the future of the line doesn't look that good.

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, carlodibi said:

Hi does anybody know if kidslogic is a legit company? Im getting the feeling i got ripped off. My account on their website has been deleted. And there is no current update on the release of the cockpit.

Anyone else ordered and having problems?

If you paid with a card, you might be able to do a chargeback.

Not sure who's who here preordered the speaker. I'm actually just waiting for any info and updates for their 1/6 pilot figure that's why I checked this thread now. I find it surprising that there wasn't any update for this speaker nor someone posted if it got released or not. Guess it has something to do with 'Robotech'. ^_^ 

Anyways, I looked into their Facebook page, and here's what I've found:

January 23 Post

Dear all:

Thank you for your support and deeply apologize for the delay of our "VF-1J 1/6 Cockpit Stereo System". The manufacturing and packaging are almost done and the product will be released in early Feb 2018.

We have made many improvements for this landmark product, such as improved quality of the LCD display, better material for the canopy...etc. Hope you will enjoy the product.

We are sharing this funny video. It is made by one of our friends who visited our office recently and shoot with the post-production sample of the VF-1J.
https://youtu.be/uKNfqjjtRmw

Here's the 3d-8w people's comments for that January 23 post:

Murray Kennedy
And now it is March and still has not shipped. If this company was in the U.S. they would be put out of business.

Garry Tatad 
Ummm I hope you guys don’t mean Early February 2019. It is March now.

Murray Kennedy 
Kids Logic are a bunch or con artists taking people's money and never actually delivering the item

Maximillian Arturo 
Any idea when the cockpit will be released I ordered it on day one and paid.

Garry Tatad 
Any new update on release date on this?

19w-17w ago comments from their 1/1200 Robotech SDF-1 Vacuum Tube Digital Sound System photo album which they posted last November 18, 2017:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/kidslogic/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10154787217687610

Murray Kennedy 
This is pretty cool provided you don't mind waiting 1.5 years to maybe receive the item and receive zero customer service if you decide to cancel a pre-order to get your deposit back. Buyer beware when doing business with Kids-Logic

Irwin Pang 
Is also people should know that credit cards do not cover disputes far ahead so be very careful

Murray Kennedy 
Irwin Pang Agreed. After kids-logic decided to ignore my multiple requests to get my 380 dollar deposit back, I called my credit card company and they could not help. So I put a freeze on the card I used so those con artist from kids-logic cant charge me the remaining 1300 dollars when and if they every ship the VF-1J cockpit (delayed for the 4th time into 2018).

I've seen a few people with videos of Kids Logic products. Sometimes these items get delayed. I know one of my Sideshow Collectibles statues was just delayed. And I think the majority of these companies use the same factories. It is bad when they don't provide updates though. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you notice on a forum that many items are delayed or no one is receiving customer support. That could indicate financial issues.

I do have 2 of their item. Both Magnetic floating diecast stuff. Last one was from 2017 Dec.

I also had Floating Aliens Dropship pre-ordered via BBTS, but that one got cancelled.

I really hope this one is just delayed - which happens a lot in HK/China based Toys recently..

38495988785_e53c1e27c0_b.jpg

27276368618_b12f8b3cc2_b.jpg

On 3/31/2018 at 11:36 PM, kyekye said:

I do have 2 of their item. Both Magnetic floating diecast stuff. Last one was from 2017 Dec.

I also had Floating Aliens Dropship pre-ordered via BBTS, but that one got cancelled.

I really hope this one is just delayed - which happens a lot in HK/China based Toys recently..

38495988785_e53c1e27c0_b.jpg

27276368618_b12f8b3cc2_b.jpg

They cancelled the Dropship? Did you see a reason? I wanted to get that and the DeLorean.

They said they were having technical difficulties manufacturing (balancing on magnetic base), but I suspect actual manufacturing cost problem. They probably didn't factored in the ever-fast increasing Chinese labor cost...

If you're in US, you can still order Delorean from BBTS. They were doing the 2nd batch pre-order. 

There is Wonder Festival in Shanghai (http://wonfes-china.com/)  If Kids Logic doesn't have booth there, I will be really worried....

1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

It's kind of surprising seeing certificates of authenticity for this particular product. I can't imagine bootlegs of it being produced 

Actually, it’s already been ‘bootlegged’ ever since by its ‘copyright owner’. So it’s going to be fun to see a bootleg of a bootleg. ^_^

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, it’s already been ‘bootlegged’ ever since by its ‘copyright owner’. So it’s going to be fun to see a bootleg of a bootleg. ^_^

True, should this thread be in the sci-fi sub forum? Haha

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got the mailing address confirmation email.

They are saying it's shipping out June - July. 

It's late, but it seems like it's becoming norm for this hobby...

Hulkbuster was super late, but they changed the spec and gave people time to cancel if they don't want to wait.

Actually they ate the increased cost for additional stuff for early adopters.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Mecachrome said:

Shipping notice sent out. Kids Logic billed me $450 for shipping.

Wow! Is that a door-to-door overnight shipping? :shok:

Edit: Made me realized. I guess that shipping price is not too bad knowing how big and heavy the speaker is. But still. Oh well, what am I complaining for, right? ^_^ 

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, TheLoneWolf said:

Let's hope there are no QC defects that would necessitate a return, because I doubt they're gonna cover return shipping. :shok:

$450 X 2 = $900 for damaged parts fix..  :shok:X2

• 3 weeks later...

Received tracking information today...

Looks like it's scheduled to arrive on Friday! It's strange... I've been waffling a little between excitement and remorse with this thing. The preorder was so long ago and since then I've downsized my collectibles considerably.  I need to find an subtle way to display this thing, it that's even possible!! Build a bookcase or coffee table around it perhaps..

8 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Received tracking information today...

Looks like it's scheduled to arrive on Friday! It's strange... I've been waffling a little between excitement and remorse with this thing. The preorder was so long ago and since then I've downsized my collectibles considerably.  I need to find an subtle way to display this thing, it that's even possible!! Build a bookcase or coffee table around it perhaps..

Congrats!!...I'm feeling bad for not pre-ordering one!

Post lots of pics please!

If you or anyone else opts they no longer want theirs.....PM me!

Will definitely post pics!!

BTW, Big Bad Toy Store still has the Max up for preorder and looks as though it is eligible the $4 flat shipping. That would've been nice!!