1/6 VF-1 Valkyrie cockpit speaker

Vi-RS

.....or....would the Robotech imprint on the crate burn off like the Nazi symbol on the Ark's crate in Raiders???:lol:

damn...jvmacross beat me to the joke, didn't read the first post on the new page!

Edited by derex3592

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

4 left.

I get it that it's an amazing size and would be a fantastic diaroma centrepiece but it's huge... you'd really need a big dresser or display cabinet top to display this properly.

Oh.. and you'd need to also have no kids for little hands to go touching and poking at the thing!

5 minutes ago, dero said:

4 left.

I get it that it's an amazing size and would be a fantastic diaroma centrepiece but it's huge... you'd really need a big dresser or display cabinet top to display this properly.

Oh.. and you'd need to also have no kids for little hands to go touching and poking at the thing!

Basically, what you're saying is that someone should stay single in order to have a space for it and nothing but him/her self to touch it. :rolleyes:

;)

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, JetJockey said:

That looks so awesome. But I'm still waiting for other versions.

What other versions? Is there another company that's making one? Or you're referring to different model and color schemes (e.g. VF-1S, VF-1A, Roy color, Max color, CF color, etc.)?

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

What other versions? Is there another company that's making one? Or you're referring to different model and color schemes (e.g. VF-1S, VF-1A, Roy color, Max color, CF color, etc.)?

Different models like a VF-1S or Max's TV or Movie version. Since they have a Max figure I kind of assumed we would at least get a TV version of his valkyrie. Even if a smaller run.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2017 at 2:04 PM, JetJockey said:

Different models like a VF-1S or Max's TV or Movie version. Since they have a Max figure I kind of assumed we would at least get a TV version of his valkyrie. Even if a smaller run.

Looks like they're making one. Preview video clip from Animation, Comic & Games Hong Kong 2017. Check at 2:21. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

I posted that I saw it in the wrong topic yesterday, Max's valkyrie is in background of Budget Stark's early preview video starting at 6:57.

Since this is Robotech only and probably not going to get to DYRL, I think this might be my point of purchase. I guess it's possible they might make a VF-1S version though. But I do want to know if they will make a Misa / Lisa or Minmay figure. That's what could make me wait for the VF-1S. I can't wait to see close up pictures of Max's valkyrie, statue, and figure today hopefully.

Edited by JetJockey

uh-oh.

already placed an order at KL's website some time ago for the Hikaru, er, Rick version.

a month or so ago, a local store opened a PO for a VF-1A Max cockpit but the picture was of Rick's VF-1J. the price was a bit higher than on KL's website, but this one is already the imported price so i stand to save some on shipping (and customs tax).

the store staff couldn't confirm if their PO was indeed for Max, but i gambled it would actually be Rick's (since there was no news of a Max at the time) and placed an order. i was planning to sell my KL PO to whoever would want to assume the balance, and recoup my deposit.

now it's confirmed there is indeed a Max version, i'm kinda tempted to keep both POs but my rational brain is telling me that is just crazy.

hmmm, which one to keep? decisions, decisions..

4 hours ago, Major Focker said:

hmmm, which one to keep? decisions, decisions..

I was about to say decide with your heart. But I stumbled upon with this quote from a genius mind:

"If your heart is telling you one thing and your mind another, before you decide anything you must decide whether you have a better head or better heart." - Enstein

^_^

Edited by no3Ljm

After some serious thinking and watching Max's battles, both TV and DYRL versions, I made a decision. Even with Max's version limited to 50 compared to the 300 of Rick. The valkyrie design and suit that I've always preferred is the DYRL versions. I love Max's battle scenes in DYRL. That's the version I would really want to own. Hopefully not just weathered but with some battle damage. The only TV versions I want to pay that price for is if they have Misa / Lisa and Minmay to go with Rick / Hikaru. So you can have the girls posed as well similar to scenes in the TV show.

I'm surprised that they haven't shown a Minmay figure yet. I really didn't expect a Cyclone statue and large scale SDF-1 before other figures. Especially Minmay since she's a main character.

When they first showed Max figure along with Hikaru (oh, I mean.. Rick), I knew they are doing the blue color variation of cockpit for him next.

While I like Max more than Hikaru (oh, I mean.. Rick) That huge chunk of blue is kinda eyesore. just too big and too blue for me.

I'm keeping my Hikaru (oh, I mean.. Rick)

Even though Rick is sold out, I'm surprised at the low number for Max. I thought he might get a lower run. But I was thinking 150 to 200. Not 50.

Does anyone know why Kids Logic made these under the Robotech license and not Japanese Macross?

The Calibre Wings guys also said HG was a lot easier to work with the than BW. That, and this decision, may also hinge on the domicile of the company. If you're in Japan it may be easy to get a license for Macross but if you're from outside of Japan then BW and the whole legal situation may make it really hard (and vice versa). 

On 8/6/2017 at 10:38 PM, no3Ljm said:

I think due for Rights of International Distribution for merchandising which HG holds.

I guess I assumed Asian area would equal being easier or better to make Macross versions. I seriously doubt DYRL versions now.

On 8/6/2017 at 11:04 PM, jenius said:

The Calibre Wings guys also said HG was a lot easier to work with the than BW. That, and this decision, may also hinge on the domicile of the company. If you're in Japan it may be easy to get a license for Macross but if you're from outside of Japan then BW and the whole legal situation may make it really hard (and vice versa). 

Which really sucks that in 2017 we are still dealing with this legal stuff.

I will say I misinterpreted the question, they could have gotten the license for "Macross" through HG because we've certainly seen Toynami do that... they just couldn't sell it in Japan. Seems like it would have been easy to make like half of them RT branded and half Macross... not sure why they didn't go that route.  Maybe they're huge Robotech fans or think their target market is China and USA and Robotech would do better there. 

Edited by jenius

• 1 month later...

On the information posted on that site it's 50 limited for Hong Kong but 100 everywhere else for 150 total. That's better than the original 50 only that I thought.

It can't be long before Prime 1 Studio shows what they have in the works. Someone will get on to a large scale DYRL version eventually with lights.