1/6 VF-1 Valkyrie cockpit speaker

Vi-RS

On 3/3/2017 at 0:59 AM, Negotiator said:

why do early pic say ichijo?  will there be a macross version of this?

If this is released in Japan, it will be Macross & Ichijo. For the rest of the world where HG has the rights, it will be Robotech & Rick Hunter, I guess?

Hence the product title 'Robotech Macross VF-1J' - means they have license for both.

The question is 'Can I get Japanese version when I live in US?'  I guess the answer would be 'No'

On 3/3/2017 at 1:17 PM, kyekye said:

Is that Kenneth Kan small guy? or Cockpit is HUGE!?

I guess lens distortion is also too much -- nonetheless I'm really worried about where to put this now...

Capture.PNG

i'm wondering that myself, and getting a tad worried too about the space requirements.

it didn't seem that big here:

IMG_1863.JPG

spec says - Est. Product Size: 900mm x 335mm x 500mm

I have both hot toys tumbler (737mm L)and 89' Batmobile  (990mm L), so this one should be little shorter than 89' Batmobile.

Maybe it's height adds a lot to visual volume.

On 2/19/2017 at 11:29 PM, seti88 said:

15542005_1863862390511275_8234663565042569044_n.jpg.b8e4a61d6a8ed8ffa56ae03215a65623.jpg

well ok, given the scale of this thing and the weight, probably the shipping cost is justified...that canopy must be heavy if it requires a transparent rod lol...

I love the look of this with the lights. At night it will be a brilliant display. But I still would like to see if other versions will come out. I kind of assume they have to make a Max TV version. I would either want that or DYRL. But that could change if they made Misa or Minmay TV figures.

Edited by JetJockey

5 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I love the look of this with the lights. At night it will be a brilliant display. But I still would like to see if other versions will come out. I kind of assume they have to make a Max TV version. I would either want that or DYRL. But that could change if they made Misa or Minmay TV figures.

That's a really slippery slope! :D Very soon we will want a roy version, a hikaru DYRL version etc .

...gasp...A VF-1D version with hikaru and minmay!! 8) I would lose my mind...

And the downright down the waterslide would be if Kids Logic talked to BW and did Plus/Frontier/Delta versions!
if they did release isamu and the YF19..hmmmmmmmm...i dont know if i can resist.....

18 hours ago, Lolicon said:

That thing looks so badass.

I would definitely buy one if they made a VF-25 version with removable EX gear for the pilot figure. :o

Not just removable. Transformable too. ;) 

On 3/3/2017 at 8:03 PM, no3Ljm said:

That's because they're using the TV version. And so far the way they depict the ones from TV is small pilots. Check Hi-Metal R figures. And the drawing you provided is DYRL lineart. ;) 

Better scale with the Hasegawa 1/48 VF1-J Kit.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled1.jpg

3 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Anyone know what the deal with those figures is?  I have no interest in the cockpit, but I'd be interested in those figures if you could get them separately for a non-insane price.  Are they exclusive to the cockpit? 

The figures themselves are being discussed on the Macross Figures thread. Even before the announcement on that 1/6 Cockpit Speaker. Hikaru... I mean, Rick Hunter will be released Spring of 2017. If their schedule is correct. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm

41 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

For a sec I thought you were saying that a smaller version of the cockpit was being done......:rolleyes:

haha that would be awesome but alas no, its more to do with alternatives for your moolah.

Prime 1 statues are a lil pricey from what i gather, so its almost in the same price stratosphere as the valk cockpit. It should come in 1/3 cheaper i suppose?

^ Well guys, good thing I already have this. ^_^

IMG_5472_zpsbk3eoflj.jpg

All I need to do is put these two on top of my Bose speaker and Voila! Instant 'digital surround speaker' display. And it sounds better too for sure. :rolleyes:

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

IMG_5472_zpsbk3eoflj.jpg

All I need to do is put these two on top of my Bose speaker and Voila! Instant 'digital surround speaker' display. And it sounds better too for sure. :rolleyes:

the poor man's version! ;)

Scale those CMs up to 1/12 scale and they would be perfect...plus it would be feasible to actually buy one of each in the "Cockpits of Macross" series......make it so Bandai! ^_^

Oh and feel free to leave out the LEDs, LCDs, and speaker-stand!

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

IMG_5472_zpsbk3eoflj.jpg

would you say these are ~1/18 or 1/20?

On 3/10/2017 at 5:28 PM, Major Focker said:

would you say these are ~1/18 or 1/20?

I'm guessing like 1/35. I have to measure it so I can double check. 

19 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Isn't that the price you pay with the estimated shipping direct from KL?

Guess this isn't moving as fast as KL thought it would.

The good thing is when things go to RT.com they usually end up getting deep discounts.

Might still get to see this for $1000 shipped....:rolleyes:

It's now on RT? I'll just wait for them to put it on Clearance Sale. $350 shipped. Don't mind a broken speaker or LED effects for $350. :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

It's now on RT? I'll just wait for them to put it on Clearance Sale. $350 shipped. Don't mind a broken speaker or LED effects for $350. :rolleyes:

Dang....at that price it'll be back to.....one to display....one to to keep mint in shipping crate....and one just in case! ;)

16 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Dang....at that price it'll be back to.....one to display....one to to keep mint in shipping crate....and one just in case! ;)

See. I know that you know that we all know that crate that has a ROBOTECH imprint on it will have some value in the future. You can't deny that, JVM. ;)

51 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

See. I know that you know that we all know that crate that has a ROBOTECH imprint on it will have some value in the future. You can't deny that, JVM. ;)

Maybe the "Robotech" and "HG" logos will mysteriously get burned off the crates as they sit inside some Chinese warehouse awaiting shipment....^_^