1/6 VF-1 Valkyrie cockpit speaker

Vi-RS

It is basically an ultimate detail kit that is being assembled and painted just for you!  As someone without the time or skill do do a good job, I can appreciate that type of service.

Maybe those who would be able to detail their own cockpit can petition KL to release a kit version without the audio/video gimmicks....and with or without the LEDs at some point in the future...although doing that would probably kill the future collectibility/market value for this thing...but then again, that didn't seem to happen for the toy version of the SDF-1 when they released the kit version.....or affect the value much of the 1/2000 SDF-1....maybe due to being 2 separate groups of customers: Toy collectors vs Kit Collectors...

KL's 1/6 VF-1 cockpit diorama is just another entry in a growing line of ultra high end Macross collectibles....

nekki-basara-guitar-arcadia.jpg

26.jpg

Macross-Howard-GU-11-Gun-Pod-Replica-EX-

These previous releases sort of make the $1400 VF-1 cockpit seem reasonably priced! ;)

Impressive looking to be sure, but it's the kind of thing that only an extreme diehard collector/fan with way, way, way more money than sense would even contemplate, let alone purchase, at that price; heck, even half that would still be highly exorbitant... but dayum if doesn't look like a showpiece to put just about all 1/6 showpieces to shame.

Edited by mechaninac

Hmm, Cockpit display, 2 figures, and 1 transformer(?) for $1380. Plus someone to hand deliver it from the plane to you (Is what I'm expecting if I paid that shipping fee). Where is that pre-order button again?

200.webp#8

Edited by wmkjr
wrong gif

PO still open.

I think they miscalculated the demand.  Didn't Arcadia sell like 5 of those ridiculously priced gunpods?

I just hope KL's MSRP was based on the sale of maybe 10-20....otherwise I can see this thing being cancelled.

As of right now, I have no choice but to wait for it to show up on a Robotech.com clearance sale....:wacko:

This would have been better as a kickstarter project instead.

They said they already had (nearly) 100 reserved during Chinese toy event.

Maybe this will sell out eventually and become a holy grail in 2-3 years... LOL

BTW ' Due to the royalty condition, certain area will not be available for purchase '

What are those lucky areas? Japan?

Edited by kyekye
add

I'd agree that the price is high, but not completely incomprehensible... How much would you image this piece should be? 

Two (well, one figure, and one seated ) 1/6 scale figures, and one three foot long highly detailed 1/6 vehicle... personally, I can do without the speaker option.  An average figure these days goes for about $225 bucks, and a vehicle like the 89 Batmobile was something like $600+ at release (however long ago that was?).  lt's a limited run, as well... Yeah, its high for sure, but not "loose you sh$t" high...  I'm on the fence on this one.  The part that gets me is the shipping, which is about $300 bills over what it should be..

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I'd agree that the price is high, but not completely incomprehensible... How much would you image this piece should be? 

Two (well, one figure, and one seated ) 1/6 scale figures, and one three foot long highly detailed 1/6 vehicle... personally, I can do without the speaker option.  An average figure these days goes for about $225 bucks, and a vehicle like the 89 Batmobile was something like $600+ at release (however long ago that was?).  lt's a limited run, as well... Yeah, its high for sure, but not "loose you sh$t" high...  I'm on the fence on this one.  The part that gets me is the shipping, which is about $300 bills over what it should be..

Granted, it's not INSANELY high for an MSRP

From what I understand, you get a lot of extra stuff included in a $230 Hot-Toys 1/6th figure...Doesn't sound comparable to the included figure/statue. 

We could have a discussion for up to $1000 USD... speakers are neither here-nor-there for me, so take them out and save everyone some moolah; 'some assembly required' would likely knock the price-point down some more, and I'd be fine with that in exchange for taking the wallet sting down a bit more.

I'm a modeler, not a toy collector; this is my personal opinion, completely uninformed by the toy market or it's trends, so I may well be WAY off-base here

Another [personal] gripe: All that raised riveting sticks out like this thing was bolted together in a Soviet Tank [Ex-Tractor] factory circa 1942... for that amount of money that incorrect/absurd detail is unacceptable... no "gritty realism" argument to be had here, this is an unobtanium-technology level, Mach 3+, endo/exo-atmospheric Fighterplane sheathed in "SWAG energy conversion armour"... that transforms into a humanoid combat robot to fight giant humanoid aliens... RIVETS?!?

Again, modeler, and I'm not usually a 'Rivet Counter' but this is an egregious case in my opinion... :lol::p

Then there's that shipping estimate... that smacks of certain auction site tactics... in addition to *shudder* HG's cut of this project...

And to top it off, there's the currency conversion. for a Canuck like me, that $1820 US[estimated] bill turns into $2320 Canadian...

A disappointing pass for myself. all the above said: I'd love to own one... but not this one for that price.

Edited by slide

That's because they're using the TV version. And so far the way they depict the ones from TV is small pilots. Check Hi-Metal R figures. And the drawing you provided is DYRL lineart. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm