wtf! toynami 1/2000 sdf-1 macross tv

CHAVAKAISER

Glad to see this coming out in 1/2000! would have preferred 1/3000, But oh well, can't complain about the size. The company on the other hand, WORST possable company to be making this. Would have loved for it to be Arcadia, or Bandai, but no, don't even want to bother if the prototype looks shitty and all cheap. Knowing Toynami, quality will be far from our demanding standards looking at the 1/100 VF-1 line they have going.

Edited by Hikaru1234567890

It doesn't say Toynami on there... It might be the KitzConcept company... Toynami might just be the distributor.

Praying it's not Toynami making this. So, at 1/2000, we're talking about 60.5 cm / 23.8 in.... wow. I'm guessing it will be fairly detailed, and it's going to be about 99% thin plastic and mostly hollow inside allowing for low weight for shipping and easy standing in upright/attack mode. The outside box will be huge like Takara's Metroplex or Hasbro's SDCC Super Helicarrier from a few years back. I'll be surprised if this goes for less than $399 US.

UGH...why I waste my money on Yamato's.

I'm sure this version will be much better.

You are a very lucky person to own a 1/2000 Yamato. I wish I could've gotten one earlier. Hopefully the upcoming one doesn't look like that image. Edited by wmkjr

KitzConcept certainly has huge plans with this, the 1:55 Monster and the whole rumoured 1:55 line. I just sure hope that they also deliver in the end.

Hm...Dec 16th in HK, can't wait to see some pictures

They are DUE to make something good right? Right?

They already released that SD Roy VF-1S, right? That is something good, yeah?

:ph34r:

Everything about that photo looks squished/squat. Front, back and middle.

Actually, I bet it's an orthographic (non perspective) CAD render. Everything will look off from those, because they aren't foreshortened.

Doesn't mean it's right, but it might not be quite as wrong as it looks. :p

Pre-order now!!!.....

robotech-sdf-1-1986.jpg

Considering the "LACK" of imagination from HG, it would not surprise me in the least if this was what the 1/2000 scale SDF-1 is!

These guys are the kings of re-issue! :lol:

Edited by Zinjo

Well....they super-sized the HCM to make the Masterpiece VF-1's...

Maybe they will do the same with the Takatoku SDF-1....

Only they'll pick the Henkei as their starting point!

IMAG0063-1-1.jpg

Hmmmm....a 1/2000 Henkei SDF-1.....I'd actually buy that!

Didn't they supersize the 1/55 VF-1 recently and claimed it was also "coming soon"?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you readyyyyyyyyyyyy? :D

Don't know what to say....It looks great being that its the TV version. But I'm REALLY turned off with that metallic coating they have going on it. maybe its a Metallic Coating Version or Exclusive?