He still has it in his hand in the 3rd and 4th photos, not sure what it is but looks too unwieldy to be a weapon.

Yeah, just the way he's holding it in the 2nd one looks phaser-ish. Looking a little closer, is it maybe a toy robot? That would certainly fit the theme.

I have to agree, these designs definitely look more anime, especially the red one.

In the first film the pilot suits had a very anime look and now the jaegers are fitting in with that a bit more. I think that the red one may be a bit thin looking although it may be designed more for speed. Either way I'm far more interested now seeing more images and hoping for a great trailer soon and a movie that hopefully won't disappoint.

What is "License! Global"? The sourcing seems odd... I'm a bit suspect, but just a bit. If it's real, then I like the direction it's going. I don't prefer it to the original, but I don't prefer the original, either. Both look good. That Gypsy 2.0 face plate is bleh, though. Reminds me too much of... Time Shift? I think that was the name of it. Old old PS3/360 game.

6 hours ago, kajnrig said:

That Gypsy 2.0 face plate is bleh, though. Reminds me too much of... Time Shift? I think that was the name of it. Old old PS3/360 game.

That sounds right.

Honestly, I think I like the new head unit(can I call it a pilder? Please?). It is appealing to a more modern anime aesthetic than the curvy Gypsy 1.0 head, but it works.

And the straight "wings" work better for me than the old "over the shoulder" pieces.

12 hours ago, Duymon said:

So...uh... They didn't learn that the cockpits on the heads are a bad idea after Crimson Typhoon's crew got smooshed so easily in the last movie? ;p

Also how they lost Raleigh's brother.

As I understand it, the official reason is that the neural interface hardware is very sensitive to radiation from the jaegars' reactors, and thus mounted very far from the core and stored separately from the rest of the jaegar when not in use. Of course, with the implication that newer jaegars aren't nuclear-powered, I dunno.

6 hours ago, JB0 said:

Also how they lost Raleigh's brother.

As I understand it, the official reason is that the neural interface hardware is very sensitive to radiation from the jaegars' reactors, and thus mounted very far from the core and stored separately from the rest of the jaegar when not in use. Of course, with the implication that newer jaegars aren't nuclear-powered, I dunno.

I suppose it's better than being in the left foot ;)

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

Having it the other way round didn't help the Alpha's crew, poor devils, since in THAT location they couldn't eject. 

Actually, I think it was said somewhere that Russian Jaegers didn't have ejection systems because their pilots were expected/trained to fight to the death.

Dunno if that theory holds water or not...

On 2/12/2017 at 4:44 AM, kajnrig said:

Actually, I think it was said somewhere that Russian Jaegers didn't have ejection systems because their pilots were expected/trained to fight to the death.

Dunno if that theory holds water or not...

I see what you did there......LOL :p