Fan Work: Valkyrie in the Steam

DapperMan

So, I've lurked forever and have admired a lot of the work here. I'm in awe of many of the 3D modellers here. The other VF-1's I've seen in the forum, the VF-4's, the VF-3000's, they're just amazing.

I'm more of a hobbyist-level modeler, and make scenes with my own VF-1 and various bits of Macross clothing. That said, I've got a little Macross artwork at DeviantArt, and I'm posting my favorite so far from that gallery:

For an exercise, I copied the composition of a photograph of a fighter on a carrier deck surrounded in catapult steam, and recreated it in 3D. Valkyrie fighter and clothes modeled or extensively morphed in 3ds max and ZBrush. Inspired by a photo from Reuters/Corbis. Hope you enjoy it!

post-6000-0-16104800-1478209587_thumb.jpg

These are the images we don't see often. The flight deck. It's cool how you did the render. Can't wait to see more. Maybe the Hanger deck

Thanks so much! I'd love to put my pilots and Valks in hangar scenes if I could ever figure out the references for Prometheus' hangar. I have the upper deck roughly built, but might just have to try to copy some Nimitz photos to make hangar scenes.

BTW, I've quite enjoyed the VF-4s, -3000s, and -9s that you've posted, despite lurking and not commenting. Other than the VF-1, those 3 happen to be my favorite Valkyries.

Thanks, I don't what it is but the VF-4 is really awesome and special for me. I guess b/c it's origins took a long time to uncover. I remember when the internet was in it's infancy and the argument on the original BBS' was could the VF-4 be variable or not. That tells you how old I am. One day I'll have AgaveCactus redo the Vf-9 and Vf-3000- He's very busy but he has a passion for Valkyries like I do.

Thanks, I don't what it is but the VF-4 is really awesome and special for me. I guess b/c it's origins took a long time to uncover. I remember when the internet was in it's infancy and the argument on the original BBS' was could the VF-4 be variable or not. That tells you how old I am. One day I'll have AgaveCactus redo the Vf-9 and Vf-3000- He's very busy but he has a passion for Valkyries like I do.

Agreed. I ordered the VF-4 Master File book last week, and can't wait to see it. There's something about those 80's anime aircraft designs. The Vf-4 and the others mentioned above, and the aircraft in Crusher Joe and other shows of that era (which shows my age, too) have a certain aesthetic that's always appealed to me.

I look forward to the redos of the the VF-9 and VF-3000, but they already looked pretty awesome already to me.

So you'll be doing a VF-4 on an Elevator with its Aircraft handlers (Blue Shirts) and Ordnance crews (Red Jackets) lounging around as it raises to the flight deck?

So you'll be doing a VF-4 on an Elevator with its Aircraft handlers (Blue Shirts) and Ordnance crews (Red Jackets) lounging around as it raises to the flight deck?

Ha, in the year or so that it will take me to build a VF-4, yeah maybe! Although, since the VF-4 is mostly a space fighter, it might be fun work on an outer space Valk scene as well. I have yet to try one of those.