Tamashii nations exhibit

frankell05

So I ended up going to this exhibit in Tokyo, wasn't able to take pictures though. Sorry. Saw the macross delta stuff and it looked pretty amazing. The thing that called my attention the most was the vf-2ss though. The hi metal prototype. I have to really say that in at least that prototype they really got some cool looking proportions. Even in its rough state , it blows the 1/60 one away by faaaaaaar. I really hope bandai makes this happen, if they do it will make up for the evolution one. Man, it looked really sleek and really nice in jet and robot form. Aside from this , everything else looked great but it was stuff we've all seen already. All the non macross stuff was ridiculously awesome too. For me the sh figuarts star wars from the new movie coming up. Did look quite striking.

Cheers

This is probably the best shot of it online (thank you Egan Loo).

IMG_9383.jpg

Thanks Save! Looks like Bandai's following the correct transformation via lineart. The head is not facing the front like the VF-1's and the recent VF-2SS figure. Rather the head is facing backwards and only the head lasers are facing forward. And looking at those screw crotch joints, it's almost near as the lineart's hinge folding joints. Nice. I'm in for two with SAPs! ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

I didnt enjoy m2 either but this HMR interpretation looks cool...

Can sorta live with the hinges tho sometimes it looks like it has extra 'medic' add-ons on the head. :lol: Only in fighter mode tho..

Just hope they lock everything together better but then again the M2 design must not be easy for toymakers to maintain a precise fit.....

Again thanks to all who went to the exhibition and shared their experiences and piccies! :)

I dint out much attention to the underbelly. I own the evo one , and it's so ugly that it made this one look like a million dollars. Regardless it has clunky parts like the leg joint, were really you could see the joint were big and awckward. But I was willing to overlook because the proportions were much better and frankly it looked mean and cool and the top of the jet mode looked sleek, like it's supposed to.

OOh, how much parts-forming is involved? Like HMR VF-1 levels of parts-forming?

Anyone's guess by now. But since the VF-1 with it's comparably simple transformation needed partsforming, I just assume the complex transformation of the VF-2SS will need partsforming too. And then they could as well include some plates to hide that ugliness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...