Hate friend codes.  Such a pita.   Also i currently  suck at Mario Kart.  Haven't played it since Wii/DS lite.  

Loving the dlc 1 coming for Zelda.  Map tracking, fast travel, hard mode, horde mode to unlock the "real" master sword.  New  and costumes too.  Majora, twilight, korok etc.  

welp... I'm going to be switch-less for about 6 weeks...

Wife asked if she could take the Switch and MK8D to Japan to play with her sister. In return she'll pickup some Ez to find crap in Japan like the Hori Stand and the Seiken Densetsu collection that's being released in June.

Maybe I should buy a second switch......

21 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

Third parties will still probably ignore it even though I've read multiple stories how convenient it is for Adults to use, including a near word-for-word prediction I made repeated on the Penny Arcade website about precisely how Mike Krahulik uses it.

Maybe they just dont want to create anything original, I mean, easier to make a CoD for Xbox, PS and PC and make quick millions, faster than developing a game with the switch unique mechanics

1 hour ago, mog_kupo said:

Maybe they just dont want to create anything original, I mean, easier to make a CoD for Xbox, PS and PC and make quick millions, faster than developing a game with the switch unique mechanics

Then video gaming is about to die.

Why is this console so ridiculously hard to find?  I just want to get the basic console and a game for my son and its sold out everywhere, unless I want to pay an extra $100 for it.

Apparently a lot of the parts used are the same as Apple and other companies so for now it's stretched thin due to lack of resources. Reports came out today about it 

Edited by kanedaestes

Eventually these things will be easy to get for everyone. I actually ordered switch #2 from Nippon-Yasan of all places. It ended up being $346 with shipping which isn't too horrible considering the switch woulda cost 335-ish after tax her anyways.

Now I just get to wait for it to arrive........

What's the price of PSN/Live? Isn't it about the same? (Haven't been online with a console since... ever, now I think about it. Wow.)

EDIT:

I'm most interested in their class games offerings. If it's just cherry-picked games from the NES/SNES era, then bleh. If it's an entire console library and/or runs up through at least the N64 (preferably Gamecube/Wii), though...

Edited by kajnrig

10 hours ago, UN Spacy said:

WOW...$19.99 a YEAR for Nintendo's online services. I'LL TAKE IT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJsNsS3LlSQ

Pass for me. Separate smartphone apps for basic features like voice chat seem like a huge pain... not that I actually play much online. And it seems like their freebies are games I've already bought, in some cases multiple times.

Alright, I'm losing it.

I've been waiting with the patience of a saint for stock to return to store shelves, but either production has not ramped up at all or the vultures are still picking off the stock as soon as it pops up. Or maybe both. So frustrating.

I bookmarked some stock tracking websites that can check all of the stores in my area with the click of a button. Handy! However, do you guys have any suggestions on finding them without having to call and ask every damn store?

Didn't Amazon have some kind of special deal for Prime members some time ago?

I'm finishing my master's this week and I need something to help me forget everything I learned. Help a brotha out! :p

7 minutes ago, frothymug said:

Alright, I'm losing it.

I've been waiting with the patience of a saint for stock to return to store shelves, but either production has not ramped up at all or the vultures are still picking off the stock as soon as it pops up. Or maybe both. So frustrating.

I bookmarked some stock tracking websites that can check all of the stores in my area with the click of a button. Handy! However, do you guys have any suggestions on finding them without having to call and ask every damn store?

Didn't Amazon have some kind of special deal for Prime members some time ago?

I'm finishing my master's this week and I need something to help me forget everything I learned. Help a brotha out! :p

Did you not hear, there's a shortage on parts.  Nintendo are competing with Apple for stuff like NAND Memory and the factories that produce that stuff are maxed out.  Though vultures are no doubt making it harder on you.

Here in Mexico there are plenty of Switchs, its a little bit more pricey because of the taxes but it tends to get some discounts every once in a while, I wonder why some retailers, like Amazon dont just send some of their stock from up of the border?

On 2017-06-05 at 4:40 PM, UN Spacy said:

...and HERE. WE. GO.

So, yeah, that was one big disappointment. :( I think that a mainline Pokémon game to the Switch could have easily made it the sure winner of this console generation. But instead the next generation will come to 3DS and we will get yet another updated port of a Wii U game to the Switch... And two Virtual Console games I can't fathom wasn't released years ago. 

Edited by Lorindor

I thought the 3DS release was just an update of an earlier game? I didn't watch the Direct, but from secondhand accounts:

- Pokken Tournament releasing on Switch with new characters

- Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon (re?)releasing for 3DS with new characters/features

- Pokemon Gold and Silver releasing on 3DS Virtual Console with new characters/features (they were originally Game Boy games?)

Is that about right? I don't play/follow Pokemon, so I dunno.