• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pokemon Sword and Shield, Link's Awakening, we finally get the Mana collection in the West, Ultimate Alliance, Dragon Quest XI S, Luigi's Mansion, and a sequel to BotW. Nintendo's having a mighty good E3.

Switch is the first real Nintendo console I've owned since the SNES (and not counting handhelds like the awful backlight-less Game Boy Advance where you couldn't see anything). Only took Nintendo 20-something years to finally lure me back!

Seriously, not including a backlight in the original GBA is one of the most epically boneheaded decisions made by Nintendo in their history of boneheaded decisions.

1277925462_PA2001-06-13.thumb.jpg.9b71df6774a6d90a328fb896fc6a443d.jpg

I've owned pretty much every console Nintendo's made, except the Virtual Boy.  But the Switch is definitely the console I've enjoyed the most since the SNES.  Maybe because it's also kind of a handheld?  Their handhelds have been stellar.  I'm actually a little sad that the 3DS is basically dead now.  It's more portable and has better battery life than the Switch, so I usually bring it with me instead when I visit my in-laws in Beijing.  Persona Q2, probably the last game I'll pick up for it, was the 80th cartridge I bought for it.

2 minutes ago, Mazinger said:

What did I just watch?

Can I have more please?

Marketing departments the world over take note: that was the perfect amount of 'WTF' !!

looks like a fun ride.

I have a question. Are there any good online coop games available for the switch. You know where you can have a nice chat over Nintendos weird VoIP service and play a game together.

We tried Splatoon 2 but the system when and how you can play together and talk in the same room together is so convoluted (if it is even possible since I leveled up to 10 and was still not able to play with my fried).

Nintendo seems not very fond on online play (like we can't play together Mario Kart 8 together with other players online) and other software developers don't seem to include an online co-op to their games often (like Enter the Gungeon). :(

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/19/2019 at 4:36 PM, Scyla said:

Are there any good online coop games available for the switch.

Diablo III? Coop doesn't seem as popular as vs these days across all platforms, not just Switch. I wonder if that's a side effect of multiplayer moving away from splitscreen in the same room to online.

11 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

BOOM.

That's cool for people who just wanted a handheld successor to the 3DS. Especially kids. I bought a second dock for my Switch, though, so I could bounce between my living room TV and bedroom TV, so I'm not particularly interested myself.

4 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Diablo III? Coop doesn't seem as popular as vs these days across all platforms, not just Switch. I wonder if that's a side effect of multiplayer moving away from splitscreen in the same room to online.

That's cool for people who just wanted a handheld successor to the 3DS. Especially kids. I bought a second dock for my Switch, though, so I could bounce between my living room TV and bedroom TV, so I'm not particularly interested myself.

This is pretty much custom made for kids.  My brother was looking for something exactly like this for the niece and nephew.  Now bring on the New Switch so I can get better performance.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Yeah, but IGN, so...

Is there someone whose opinion you find more agreeable?  9.5 from Destructoid, 9.5 from Game Informer, 9 from Gamespot, a perfect score from GamesRadar.  The only midling scores I've seen (a 7/10 and a 3/5) were from sites I'd never heard of.  I don't care for strategy RPGs, and at this point even I'm half tempted to give FE a look.

15 hours ago, mikeszekely said:

Is there someone whose opinion you find more agreeable?  9.5 from Destructoid, 9.5 from Game Informer, 9 from Gamespot, a perfect score from GamesRadar.  The only midling scores I've seen (a 7/10 and a 3/5) were from sites I'd never heard of.  I don't care for strategy RPGs, and at this point even I'm half tempted to give FE a look.

Nah, I'm sure it's great, I just always raise my eyebrows a little bit in skepticism when it comes to IGN.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Why would anyone play a Switch game away from home?

Because I'm going to be on an airplane for 12-14 hours (after a shorter flight from Pittsburgh to Detroit), then in Beijing for two weeks, before doing a second 12-14 hour flight back to the States?

Also because sometimes I have to poop.  I know that's technically not away from home, but it's away from the TV(s) I usually dock with.

9 minutes ago, mikeszekely said:

Because I'm going to be on an airplane for 12-14 hours (after a shorter flight from Pittsburgh to Detroit), then in Beijing for two weeks, before doing a second 12-14 hour flight back to the States?

Also because sometimes I have to poop.  I know that's technically not away from home, but it's away from the TV(s) I usually dock with.

Together with the preceding text, my remark was intended as a jab at the tiny text in the game. 

• 4 weeks later...